What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Game - Mike Bohn, Where are you?

Idot Buff

Where is the promotion for the game? For God's sake, God (aka, Coach Mac) has spoken......get the word out. I am ready to make the drive up from Dallas to join the throng of sold-out supporters. I don't want to see only 13K fans at Folsom.....

Where is the promotion for the game? For God's sake, God (aka, Coach Mac) has spoken......get the word out. I am ready to make the drive up from Dallas to join the throng of sold-out supporters. I don't want to see only 13K fans at Folsom.....

Good luck with that. Seriously.

I've seen commercials on FSRM. It's on the CU website. Everyone is talking about it. What more do you need? A personal invite? Get your butt up here!

I've seen commercials on FSRM. It's on the CU website. Everyone is talking about it. What more do you need? A personal invite? Get your butt up here!
I will bring 500 from the metroplex....who is with me?

Just wondering how you expect a Spring game sellout, that's all. If that's your expectation, I think it is very unrealistic.
Have you thought about how (loser) places like NU, MU, PSU, etc sellout their spring games?

The CU game is FREE....

How many people graduate every year from CU every year, and live within 50 miles of Folsom? I am sick of the pathetic excuses for the lack of support....

Have you thought about how (loser) places like NU, MU, PSU, etc sellout their spring games?

The CU game is FREE....

How many people graduate every year from CU every year, and live within 50 miles of Folsom? I am sick of the pathetic excuses for the lack of support....

Where did I say I wouldn't like to sellout the Spring game? I envy places where they have consistent, strong fan support.

But we have to start from somewhere. You can't just magically say "Let's get a Spring game sellout this year" and it will instantly happen. Let's set some realistic goals and go from there. A strong turnout this year and build from there.

Im coming, brining my 5 year old nephew and 3 year old niece.

Both are the children of Ram alums - but I have already converted them to the Buffs! They're gonna have a blast with their Uncle! :smile:

Im coming, brining my 5 year old nephew and 3 year old niece.

Both are the children of Ram alums - but I have already converted them to the Buffs! They're gonna have a blast with their Uncle! :smile:
That is the spirit! How many more are out there? Down here, you multiply dionisus by 1000, and we are good to go! UT and A&M sellouts!!!!

Where did I say I wouldn't like to sellout the Spring game? I envy places where they have consistent, strong fan support.

But we have to start from somewhere. You can't just magically say "Let's get a Spring game sellout this year" and it will instantly happen. Let's set some realistic goals and go from there. A strong turnout this year and build from there.

see, thats where you went wrong. you were non-emotional, rational and realistic in your response.

that will not get you anywhere....:lol:

btw, i agree. this stuff takes time. CU didnt sell out every game last year and now its expected that Folsom is packed to watch CU play vs CU?

not quite yet. im all for getting the word out and expanding the base each year. and with a winning program year over year, i would not be suprised to see 40K coming to see the buffs play a spring game. in 5 to 10 years.

it just takes time to build. frankly, from what i have read/remember, since hawk arrived the crowds have been much better for the spring game than in years before him. that is a good start.

:smile2:

see, thats where you went wrong. you were non-emotional, rational and realistic in your response.

that will not get you anywhere....:lol:

btw, i agree. this stuff takes time. CU didnt sell out every game last year and now its expected that Folsom is packed to watch CU play vs CU?

not quite yet. im all for getting the word out and expanding the base each year. and with a winning program year over year, i would not be suprised to see 40K coming to see the buffs play a spring game. in 5 to 10 years.

it just takes time to build. frankly, from what i have read/remember, since hawk arrived the crowds have been much better for the spring game than in years before him. that is a good start.

Lame...settling for mediocrity.....that attitude will doom us....

Lame...settling for mediocrity.....that attitude will doom us....

:lol:

Oh great Dallas Buff, please enlighten us how expecting a sellout for the Spring game when we didn't even sell out regular season games last season is in any way realistic?

:lol:

Oh great Dallas Buff, please enlighten us how expecting a sellout for the Spring game when we didn't even sell out regular season games last season is in any way realistic?
It is frickin free!!! What else are you (or anyone else) going to be doing that afternoon?

Come down here...whole different ballgame...see a game at Austin.....

We are better than these D-bags!

CU is different from UT? What????????????????????

Glad to see you're being reasonable with your expectations.

It is frickin free!!! What else are you (or anyone else) going to be doing that afternoon?

Gotcha. Just say it's free and we will automatically get 40,000 more people than we have ever had at a Spring game before. Damn, building a fanbase is freaking easy.:thumbsup:

I want to figure what similarities with UT you think we have.
Let's see...top undergraduate programs, similar number of graduates located near campus, a football program whose success is comparable.....

Only point is this.....I think we can get a significant number of people at the Spring game....we need the athletic dept to advertise, and we need a draw for the general population.....

Every redneck from here to hell supports either UT or other local teams...we can do the same....

Come down here...whole different ballgame...see a game at Austin.....

We are better than these D-bags!

i have been to CU games in Austin in '94 and '01.

i went to a CU game in College Station in 2000.

i have also been to CU games at Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan in '94 and '97, FSU and Miami.

the reality is, its colorado. its not texas. its not sec country. its not michigan. they are definitly programs one would like to be like for different reasons for each team but, they are not CU. you have to deal with what CU has. that and not what texas or what any other program has, is where you have to start.

i want what you want. im just not going to bury my head in the sand and claim defeat if folsom is not packed this year for the spring game. all i am saying, and its not that hard to understand if you keep things in perspective, is that kind of thing will take time to build for CU.

i want it too! im all for it and im not saying it cant be done. (<---very important part there). its just gonna take some time. hopefully it will happen quicker than i think. that would be a good thing.

Dallas buff,love your passion and I too hope we sell out but,listen to what boulder buff is saying. Shoot for 50 but in reality,15 to 20,000 would be a great start.

They will not sell out the spring game and you asked how many cu graduates live within 50 miles of folsom? That number is low,cu has a ton of out of state students and they either go back to california or wherever,some stay but more leave and then don't come back to support athletics at cu.

Dallas buff,love your passion and I too hope we sell out but,listen to what boulder buff is saying. Shoot for 50 but in reality,15 to 20,000 would be a great start.

They will not sell out the spring game and you asked how many cu graduates live within 50 miles of folsom? That number is low,cu has a ton of out of state students and they either go back to california or wherever,some stay but more leave and then don't come back to support athletics at cu.
okie-dokie......shoot for the moon, fellas.....but, I will stay optimistic....

Let's see...top undergraduate programs, similar number of graduates located near campus, a football program whose success is comparable.....

Only point is this.....I think we can get a significant number of people at the Spring game....we need the athletic dept to advertise, and we need a draw for the general population.....

Every redneck from here to hell supports either UT or other local teams...we can do the same....

This sticks out to me, but I will let it go. I agree with your second paragraph, but I think we differ greatly on what constitutes "a significant number of people." 4dem and I are saying let's make some realistic goals. I am all for making the Spring game a big event every year. I think we should be working to get as many possible up in Boulder for the Spring game every year.

However, I do not think it is a disappointment if we get 25,000 up there this year for the Spring game (hell, I would be elated with that number). If you're expecting a sellout, you're setting yourself up for some extreme disappointment.

Last edited:
i have been to CU games in Austin in '94 and '01.

i went to a CU game in College Station in 2000.

i have also been to CU games at Georgia, Wisconsin, Michigan in '94 and '97, FSU and Miami.

the reality is, its colorado. its not texas. its not sec country. its not michigan. they are definitly programs one would like to be like for different reasons for each team but, they are not CU. you have to deal with what CU has. that and not what texas or what any other program has, is where you have to start.

i want what you want. im just not going to bury my head in the sand and claim defeat if folsom is not packed this year for the spring game. all i am saying, and its not that hard to understand if you keep things in perspective, is that kind of thing will take time to build for CU.

i want it too! im all for it and im not saying it cant be done. (<---very important part there). its just gonna take some time. hopefully it will happen quicker than i think. that would be a good thing.

I also was in Austin in 94 and 01 for the games....and, the Big 12 championship in 01 at Texas Stadium. There is no reason we are not in the same category with UT and the other large public universities when it comes to success in athletics....to suggest anything less is a defeatist attitude.

It is a complete cop-out to say we cannot compete with these d-bags.....

This sticks out to me, but I will let it go. I agree with your second paragraph, but I think we differ greatly on what constitutes "a significant number of people." 4dem and I are saying let's make some realistic goals. I am all for making the Spring game a big event every year. I think we should be working to get as many possible up in Boulder for the Spring game every year.

However, I do not think it is a disappointment if we get 25,000 up there this year for the Spring game (hell, I would be elated with that number). If you're expecting a sellout, you're setting yourself up for some extreme disappointment.
25K works for me.....

Back