What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Game Preview

Adkins carrying the ball this drive. A few tough yards up the middle.

Geherke to lee Walker TD.
#25 with a nice catch.

Last edited by a moderator:
OL in front of Powell, Adkins, Jones getting stuffed. No RB standout yet.

fify

Very worried about the OL. Outside of that this team looks more like a legitimate major conference team than we have in years. While still lacking our athleticism looks better, bigger, faster, stronger, more talented than the last couple years.

We also look like we know what we are doing on the field, guys are lining up right, avoiding silly mistakes including penalties, etc.

I like the idea of this spring game for CU because it fosters some intensity and teamwork. Rather than individual battles as happen in practice, the attitude here started by seniors captains drafting players should add some spirited competition as both sides are playing for pride. Rather than just offense vs. defense scrimmaging. Also the majority of the starters on both teams will figure into the 2-deep this fall so while we're still thin at many positions the ones who will contribute are getting their chance to impact the game.

Newcomers are going to contribute. Bobo, Witherspoon, Walker, West, Lindsey all got some good production.

Gotta love seeing Witherspoon and Bobo thrive. Hard to know how the team will play overall, despite Sefo's enthusiasm, but we clearly have some gems in the frosh class.

Gotta love seeing Witherspoon and Bobo thrive. Hard to know how the team will play overall, despite Sefo's enthusiasm, but we clearly have some gems in the frosh class.

I'm coming away pleasantly optimistic. This is a pass first offense. Both QB's have timing down with multiple receivers. Spruce, Walker, Bobo, West, Canty, and Goodson all got looks. Even Christiansen and Irwin were in there.

The team played fast and looked like they were having fun. I love the competitive spirit of Witherspoon, Gillam, and both QBs.

The D is containing the rush and wrapping up. The ball carriers didn't fumble. The playbook was not boring vanilla, and showed a number of diverse passing routes.

From an institutional perspective, we have a much anticipated and overdo ground breaking. Benson looked surprisingly energetic and enthusiastic about George and MacIntyre.

There are concerns with a physical game up front. This roster isn't the highest ranked in the conference. But the coaching and practice time is leading to an entertaining spring matchup. Both Black and Gold teams played fast and looked like they knew their assignments. A bowl isn't out of the question.

Go Buffs.

Interesting stuff in the paper about spring games in general. More and more schools are choosing not to have them. Kevin Sumerlin says they are "worthless." Then he said something to the effect of this: "Why play a game where starters have to play against guys who will never play." I just thought that was kind of a weird message to send to the guys "who will never play."

I thought that was a weird thing to say too. "Sam Houston State, here I come".

I was pleasantly surprised with Bobo and Spruce, I think Spruce will have a bigger role like two seasons ago and be the safe go to guy. Don't remember the receiver/db but that td on the nw corner was a great play too. I wish it were possible to add Gehrke's athleticism to Sefo, but Sefo looked like he has progressed in his play.

[video=youtube;grQNgw01t38]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grQNgw01t38[/video]

if anyone wants to watch again

Back