What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Game Thoughts

I would also add that Cody hit Espy on a missile down the right sideline and then followed it with another one to Simas for the score - the two best thrown back to back passes I've seen in Folsom in a very long time.

The D-line did a good job of bottling up the inside running game and also got to the passer well. A lot of the running yards came when D. Scott broke an inside play outside around the right side and beat a guy to the corner showing quicks we didn't see last year. We also saw Lockridge pick up a lot of yards on some sort of counter play where he got outside on the left side. I would say that the D had some containment issues with those two plays.

A lot of the "coverage" issues were with some guys in the 3 or 4 deep in the game playing new positions.

I saw Hansen having to flush out several times and I looked down field to see if anyone was open and they were covered tight. Need better seperation on our passing plays - for the 5th year in a row.

I didn't really see this 3-4 defense, but admit I wasn't watching closely on that side of the ball. Every time I checked the alignment, they were in a 4-3 (often with a LB lined up at DE - i.e. with a hand on the ground at the line of scrimmage).

Espy is a fun player to watch, but I would wait on the scholly until we see him contribute in some games in the fall. The Goodman award was premature - don't start awarding scholarships for spring performance please. We have precious few of them as it is.

This thread is the next best thing to being there. Long live Internet sCUm first person reporting!

Thanks posters.

I forgot - did anyone mention that one of Cody's overthrows was caught out of bounds by big daddy hawkins?

Most everyone has hit upon what I saw at the game...Ultimately I still think Hansen could develop into a great QB, really I think he still has a ways to go to move away from his run first pass 2nd mentality as his vision and QB awareness were non existant. As I have thought all along Cody will most likely be the guy.

Ultimately, as was the case much of last year, the WR position was more to blame as the lack of depth & talent was evident at this spring game....the infusion of just some additional scholarship bodies this Fall will be a huge difference...Simmons MUST get in for the Buffs to be any improved here next year

Back