What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring game

I'd say this is the mentality of a casual fan that doesn't frequent Allbuffs, tbh. I know many people here, including myself, are guilty of showering in kool-aid, but with all the great information on this site about incoming players and the impact they should have, as well as coaching/scheme/philosophy changes, I would think that most, if not everybody, can at least see that there are a multitude of reasons to be optimistic.
I'm hardly a casual fan, but I get your point. There are reasons to be optimistic, but I refuse to allow myself to feel it...been down this road too many times. Just a POV from a very, very jaded fan.

I'm hardly a casual fan, but I get your point. There are reasons to be optimistic, but I refuse to allow myself to feel it...been down this road too many times. Just a POV from a very, very jaded fan.
Serious question: then why be a fan? Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to push away anyone who wants to follow the Buffs. God bless you for sticking around this long. We are down to the hardcore fans, and even some of those have left. But why put yourself through it, if you can't be optimistic? Part of the fun of being a fan, is being hopeful. Hell, every fall, there is a chance, that we could have a special season. Like, 12-0, Cinderella kind of special. Is it likely? No. And I dream of the day when we won't have "Cinderella" in front of any special season we have, but there is always that chance that the bounces go our way (we are freaking due for some of that!) and things just come together. It can happen. Success leads to confidence. And confidence leads to more success. I know that I'm optimistic by nature, but I don't understand the mindset of a fan who isn't.

Serious question: then why be a fan? Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to push away anyone who wants to follow the Buffs. God bless you for sticking around this long. We are down to the hardcore fans, and even some of those have left. But why put yourself through it, if you can't be optimistic? Part of the fun of being a fan, is being hopeful. Hell, every fall, there is a chance, that we could have a special season. Like, 12-0, Cinderella kind of special. Is it likely? No. And I dream of the day when we won't have "Cinderella" in front of any special season we have, but there is always that chance that the bounces go our way (we are freaking due for some of that!) and things just come together. It can happen. Success leads to confidence. And confidence leads to more success. I know that I'm optimistic by nature, but I don't understand the mindset of a fan who isn't.
I find myself engaging in fan schizophrenia. I will look at the schedule and say, yeah, I sure would like to see 8-4, but then I get realistic about it and say, 4-8 is probably where we are heading. Maybe this year the Buffs can split the difference.

I know that I'm optimistic by nature, but I don't understand the mindset of a fan who isn't.
I get your point and I guess it's a mixture of being pessimistic by nature and the reality of the program the past 10 years. It's not like I'm expecting an implosion or anything, I'm expecting 4-5 wins. I just won't believe anything until I see it on the field this fall. Maybe skepticism is a better word than negative as far as my attitude goes.

Because I can't go back and go to school somewhere else. No matter how many times I get gut punched or how frustrated they make me the Buffs are my team. I can cheer like crazy and want them to win without drinking the kool aid.

I like to be in the stands of Folsom. Call it weakness, or whatever. When we're getting blown in a real game, I stick around to remove my hat and sing "Deeeaaarr Olllllld SEEEEEEEEE YOUUUUUUUUUUUU", even when the weather is crap. Even better are those rare moments in recent years when we're winning, and the weather is nice.

So, when we stand little chance of losing, on a beautiful spring day, and I happen to be in town. You bet I'm gonna hop on a bike, ride down, just to be in the stands. Could the experience be managed better? Maybe. But I'll allow others to judge. It's a beautiful spring day. I'll see you p.ussies in a little while...

SIAP, but what's the deal with parking today? I can't seem to find that info anywhere on CUs website.

Just parked on the second level of the stadium underground parking for free. Looks like most parking is free.

Back