What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Spring Practice

jjbuffs13

Anyone know when spring practice starts, I onlly live about 2 min from the field and plan on watching a few of them.

the week before spring break, which i believe is the 16th or within a few days of that. I plan to be there also.

Spring Practice Schedule

By Kyle Ringo
Spring football schedule

Posted February 9, 2008

The other day I promised some of you I would provide the spring football schedule here. Just keeping my word.

A few things to keep in mind. The schedule is subject to change, but now that the program has an indoor facility, it probably won't change much.

Every Division I team is allowed 15 practices over 29 days. The Buffs start practices on March 17. Pro timing day is March 19. The team takes spring break off March 24-29, and returns for three weeks of practice culminating in the spring game April 19.

There is a high school coaches clinic April 3-5. Exact practice times will be announced later, but it's a pretty safe bet that weekday practices will be held in the late afternoon and evening and weekend practices will be in the mornings. That is how this coaching staff seems to like things.

The Counting Crows will play in Folsom Field on April 18 and the team will attend the concert as part of the Gridiron Bash, a event organized on 20 different campuses around the nation that day.

Here is the practice schedule:

March 17, 18 and 20. April 1, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19.

NCAA rules allow limited contact work. Here are the guidelines: Three practices in short with no contact. Four practices in pads with no tackling. Four practices in pads with tackling allowed 50 percent of the time and four practices in pads with tackling allowed throughout.

CU will have 83 players out for spring football, including 61 scholarship athletes. Of those players, 18 will be seniors and 15 of those seniors are on scholarship. FS Joel Adams, WR Steve Melton and P Tom Suazo are the senior walk-ons.

I need to give sports information director Dave Plati some credit here for making all this information so easily accessible.

Re: Spring Practice Schedule

I try to go to as many as possible. I'm not sure if they will let us in the bubble though. I guess i'll find out.

"You've got two weeks after finals, you've got a week of July Fourth and you get a week before camp starts," That's a month

Back