What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

St. John's may be looking to hire Coach A

Its in the job description to gain information and that what he was doing. Is it wrong for a repeater to ask Dwight Howards teammate if they know anything about him possibly demanding a trade? Or asking Albert Pujols teammates in STL if they think he's gonna stay there or sign somewhere else?
Regardless of what Yng thinks about Coach A he didn't do anything to bash him or attack him. He just asked a question about him.

When I read the interview and got to that question, my immediate thought was that it sounds like the coaches thought they'd agreed to give a little bit back by agreeing to a puff piece for the fans... and got put on the spot with a question about something they had no knowledge of and wouldn't have thought was appropriate for them to comment on even if they did.

In probative journalism what buffscoop is? If so, then fine. Then stop cheering for the team. Stop keeping information under your hat that you think could be damaging to the program or to the certain coaches or players that you like and support. You can't have it both ways.

Even for beat reporting, it was bush.

When I read the interview and got to that question, my immediate thought was that it sounds like the coaches thought they'd agreed to give a little bit back by agreeing to a puff piece for the fans... and got put on the spot with a question about something they had no knowledge of and wouldn't have thought was appropriate for them to comment on even if they did.

In probative journalism what buffscoop is? If so, then fine. Then stop cheering for the team. Stop keeping information under your hat that you think could be damaging to the program or to the certain coaches or players that you like and support. You can't have it both ways.

Even for beat reporting, it was bush.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.
Id like to hear Pri and Rohns opinion of the question, because I think it hit a soft spot for Coach A and caused a ridiculous reaction that reflects poorly on our program. If they other two coaches think it was an unfair question than I would understand.

I love people on the internet they never know when to shut up, and they cant see when they are wrong. The right move for Yung would have been not to report anything once those assistants told him they didnt know ****, but I imagine he'll find that out next time he tries to get an interview if Abatamarco stays.

From there, once called out the right move would have been to either simply say: "Coach A you're right, we get asked the question a ton and so not thinking I put it to your colleagues, bad move on my part, wont happen again."

And that would have been the end of it, but as is always the case with those guys they dont know when to shut up, they can never admint they are wrong, and it is all about SCOOP. regardless of how it affects the program. I hope they yank their credentials.

I'm gonna agree with UtterBuff on this one. The question was fine. The key, just like with any sports beat, is to maintain relationships because they supply interviews and quotes. YungC will have to sent apologies out but as a journalist, he has to ask the questions.

I'm gonna agree with UtterBuff on this one. The question was fine. The key, just like with any sports beat, is to maintain relationships because they supply interviews and quotes. YungC will have to sent apologies out but as a journalist, he has to ask the questions.

- There is a difference between the tough questions and appropriate question.
- There is also using discretion in what you report, if the coaches said "we ain't heard ****, ask coach A" and rather than ask coach A you report the fact they dont know anything that is poor form. A veteran reporter wouldn't do that.

Drama in the Basketball program... in June?

WTF?

Five years ago, there wouldn't even be a reporter around to bother asking a question, much less ask a question that would piss off one of the coaches. This is incredible. The transformation of CU to a basketball school is happening right before our eyes.

Yeah. It's definitely good that reported basketball rumors have become worthy of heated discussion in June.

Pretty much spot on.

I will say here, as I said on BuffScoop: I believe the question was a fair one, but have made inquiries to right the situation and extend apologies to Coach Abatemarco. The purpose and wording of the question were harmless (as I did not insinuate anything from Coach A's end re: interest) but I can understand where Tom would feel uncomfortable. I wish I had been given the chance to talk to him either before or after the interview. I won't really comment on what happened on Twitter, but I can say that we have reached out to the SID and the staff to arrange amends from both sides.

Pretty much spot on.

I will say here, as I said on BuffScoop: I believe the question was a fair one, but have made inquiries to right the situation and extend apologies to Coach Abatemarco. The purpose and wording of the question were harmless (as I did not insinuate anything from Coach A's end re: interest) but I can understand where Tom would feel uncomfortable. I wish I had been given the chance to talk to him either before or after the interview. I won't really comment on what happened on Twitter, but I can say that we have reached out to the SID and the staff to arrange amends from both sides.

Thanks, YngC.

While we disagree on some of this, my overriding concern was over whether it had caused a problem within the program. I'm glad that you're working it out, taking care of it and moving on.

Pretty much spot on.

glad you came to your sense on that good work. Can you got to the politics board and teach some of our posters how to do this?

As not knowing much about BuffScoop, and only knowing Coach A's twitter account, I have to say, Abatemarco looks like a pretty big douche from all of this. i'm sure he's a great guy and all, but i am simply going off of his tweets these last few days. And if other people only see the tweets too, i'm guessing they draw the same conclusion as me. Who actually writes stuff like, "you don't know who you're messing with"? yiiiikes.

and again, for clarity's sake...abatemarco is upset because a) buffscoop asked for an interview to see about the potential job in NY, b) abatemarco rejected the interview, and then finally c) buffscoop goes and tries to find out from another source.

and abatemarco is pissed off why again?

sorry, but just cause you coach and represent the BnG doesn't mean i'm always going to side with you.

Yung you were fine. If coach A wouldn't grant an interview, there was obvious interest in the subject and you did what any journalist would have done.
The only thing you didn't do was say "un named sources." (Thank you).

Back