1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

St. Mary's pouring it on Gonzaga.

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by JimmyBuff, Mar 8, 2010.

1. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

watching this game on ESPN2. I think St. Mary's has made their last four 3's in a row.. Totally blowing them out now. .

St. Mary's isn't an overly athletic team but they have a very good center and bunch of guys who can spot up and shoot 3's..

2. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Probably not good for our RPI, but might help our NIT chances anyway. St. Mary's was a bubble team for an at-large NCAA big, but a lock for the NIT if they didn't get it. Now both these teams are in the NCAA for sure.

3. UrbanaBuff

UrbanaBuff Member

This is circular logic, because St. Mary's just bumped some other bubble team, like Florida or Arizona State, back to the NIT.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Maybe, but not necessarily. St. Mary's was considered an NIT lock while who knows about who they bump? They would have taken St. Mary's over CU. I don't know for sure that they take the team that might have gotten bumped out.

Probably doesn't matter anyway. I think St. Mary's was into the NCAAs even if they'd lost. :smile:

5. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

Yea, St. Mary's was probably getting in the NCAA tournament even before they won last night. The committee would felt like they owed them one after they got left out last year. And even though the committee says they don't do that - they do.