What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stadium Expansion

I was being sarcastic.

That said, the admin has stated (several times) that it is much cheaper to go with turf. Turf needs a LOT less maintenance. I personally prefer the natural surface, but my guess is that we'll see turf in the next five years.

I was being sarcastic.

That said, the admin has stated (several times) that it is much cheaper to go with turf. Turf needs a LOT less maintenance. I personally prefer the natural surface, but my guess is that we'll see turf in the next five years.
**** any kind of artificial turf, there is nothing better than football played on natural grass. If we do switch to field turf I recommend black turf with gold yard marks and silver glitter numbers. Every time the Buffs score there should be a light show with smoke and confetti accompanied by loud blaring heavy metal music. We can save money on the switch to turf, save more money not having a school band because we have the sound system and light show. Plus we get to schedule Hannah Montana and many others. Last, let's sell the naming rights to Folsom - I kind of like Wal-Mart Field.:thumbsup:

i wouldn't mind going to the field turf, although i do love natural grass. but if it will save money on maintenance than i'm all for it. the money saved could go to other recruit enticing facility upgrades.

as far as stadium expansion.....ummmm.....let's sell out everygame consistently for 3-5 years, then revisit that topic.

Talk about stadium expansion when the Buffs average 50,000 fans in a 54k seat stadium seems pretty silly to me.

Let's talk about stadium expansion when every game is a sell out, when ticket prices are through the roof and STILL there is a waiting list, and when logic demands it.

Talk about stadium expansion when the Buffs average 50,000 fans in a 54k seat stadium seems pretty silly to me.

Let's talk about stadium expansion when every game is a sell out, when ticket prices are through the roof and STILL there is a waiting list, and when logic demands it.

I think that's pretty much the concensus here.

I agree with the point of view that discussion of expansion of Folsom Field seating should only occur when demand is far outstripping supply. Right now there are plenty of good seats available.

CU has other sports facility priorities before Folsom has to be dealt with.

If expansion were to occur, it makes the most sense to do it on the west side. The field house, press box, and the stadium club would have to go. These seats would be prime seats and you could charge more than End Zone seats.

I don't see anything happening in the expansion area for the next 10 years.

If expansion were to occur, it makes the most sense to do it on the west side. The field house, press box, and the stadium club would have to go. These seats would be prime seats and you could charge more than End Zone seats.

I don't see anything happening in the expansion area for the next 10 years.

You need to get some bang for your buck as well and that means no more Balch if you want to spend your money where you'll get the best return. See graphic I made for this. The Field House, sadly, is totally in the way of what would be needed. The interior is not much of a loss but the exterior is very pretty.

616180521.jpg

Last edited:
even though its lower impact i would like to see them build out the rest of the bowl before tearing down and building more club seats on the west side. I think this would improve the overall feel of the stadium, and not ruin the mountain setting.

even though its lower impact i would like to see them build out the rest of the bowl before tearing down and building more club seats on the west side. I think this would improve the overall feel of the stadium, and not ruin the mountain setting.

Yeah, but your suggesting spending money on things that may never pay for themselves let alone make an in the black contribution to the athletic department. CUAD is still paying back the general fund for the last stadium expansion. Those corners don't offer much revenue potential.

I said as much at the end of the post. "A buff fan can dream..." At no point did I say Bohn needs to get moving on expansion.

OK, before we add seats, why not fix the ones we have? Bleachers suck. If they can make the stadium bigger, then put in stadium seats and get rid of those damned bench seats. Also, add concessions, fix up the restrooms, take care of the structural problems, improve traffic flow. There is a lot of stuff that could be done to make going to the games a helluva lot more enjoyable.

my turn!!!

as most have stated above, expansion will not happen for several years, possibly a decade at the earliest. the list of what needs to happen first....

1. several years of sold out games. the entire season. even if north central vermont school of bastket weaving comes. this means many years of a very, very competitive teams on a MNC level.

2. a waiting list of season ticket holders.

3. AD debt paid off, completely.

4. profitable mens basketball team.

5. facilities built for other programs such as soccer.

6. baseball? maybe, maybe not. that may come after the expansion, if the seats are sold.

once the decision is made to expand, given the above is taken care of, i would expect that the first is the biggest, most difficult, yet most revenue generating venture.

i would expect an expansion of 15-20,000 seats on the west side of the stadium. this definitly would require the distruction of balch (my guess). loss in some respects but a potential for a huge gain. tons of seats added between the 20's. new boss press box and lux seats to mirror what is on the east side. it also, (the normal seats) i dont think would have to be built much higher, if at all that what you see around the south bowl. i dunno. maybe it would take the height of what you see on the east side up to the new club seats. then top it off like the east side has and you still have the view of the flats. i realy dont think that the east side LB's are that much higher than the existing pressbox on the west side. plus, the LB's + PB would be set back that much further, possibly opening up more of a view of the flats.

this would definitly provide the biggest revenue potential, although at the highest cost to complete.

then we need chicks and beer. not necessarily in that order.

i dunno. just my opinion of what may happen. fun to think about though. i hope we have the problem of making this decision. :gobuffs:

Back