What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Staff is complete

jpbuff

Don't know where to start comparing this staff to the previous one but on paper it is going to run circles around them.

Head Coach Embry - NFL experience

OC & RB Coach Bieniemy - NFL experience
DC & DB Coach Brown - BCS experience
QB Coach Sherer - NFL experience
Strength Coach - NFL experience
OL Coach Marshall - BCS experience
WR Coach Kennedy - BCS experience
TE / ST Coach - Brookhart - BCS experience
DL / OLB Coach McGee - no BCS experience
DL / DT Coach Tui - BCS experience
ILB Coach Cabral - BCS experience

There is no doubt this is a much better staff than the previous one. The only real issue is the experience level of the two coordinators.

It looks like a great staff. JE really delivered. Marshall and Brookhart also have NFL experience (McGee too, if you stretch it). Also, we have two former HC not counting Cabral. Recruiting ties to TX, CA and the Polynesian communities. Once the staff gets their system established, it is going to come down to how well the staff can coach on game day, make adjustments on the field. Unfortunately, this is an unknown with both coordinators and Embree. I think they will be great on game day, especially after a few games. It is going to be hard to wait unitl fall when we will know for sure.

That is a great list of coaches. Embree is smart enough to surround himself with talent. They have done very well with recruiting this class. I am excited to see how this translates to the field.

There is no doubt this is a much better staff than the previous one. The only real issue is the experience level of the two coordinators.

That isn't exactly setting the bar high...the Boise deadwood crew wasn't exactly top shelf. As others have pointed out, Embo doesn't seem to be too worried about hiring stars who may take some of the limelight. Overall, I am pleased...and Stewey Mandel can eat turds.

I like it a lot. Would have loved to see Jeremy Bates take the Qb's, but Rip is a great choice.

Back