What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Staff recruiting ability discussion (split from recruit thread)

[video=youtube;yO0xspHN0Vw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yO0xspHN0Vw[/video]

FatBuff wasn't shown much affection as a child. He can't help but troll. But if you donate just one neg rep a day each time you see a douchey, assholish post that doesn't add to the discussion but demeans our coach, team and fellow fans, we'll get him further in the red than Burrito.

please, do your part.
I followed your advice and Fatty gave me a neg rep too and called me a p***y on top of it :cry: Just not sure I will make it through the day now because I was really hoping Fatty and I could be friends.

Excellent work, all. It's pretty amazing how far Tini has come as a poster.

Also, Fatty would never catch me in negrep. Never. I am the bee-eezlebub of allbuffs!

Semper Gumby

FatBuff wasn't shown much affection as a child. He can't help but troll. But if you donate just one neg rep a day each time you see a douchey, assholish post that doesn't add to the discussion but demeans our coach, team and fellow fans, we'll get him further in the red than Burrito.

please, do your part.
Im more concerned that you and tini were hugged too much by your fathers. That would explain the unnatural need for attention from 35 year old males.

Fatty - what was your situation with the whole push to "hire a former Buff"?
Do you have a relationship with Embree? Bienemy? Klatt? Etc.

Are you a frequenter of 247?

I honestly 100% assume he is part of that faction that we used to refer to as the B4L crowd. We now realize it wasn't so simple as B4L vs. the rest. Either that or he had all logic knocked out of his skull when he was a punching dummy on the practice squad.

So because you were a GA 20+ years ago that means you're the authority on all things football? Nice, but I don't think it works that way. The great Curley Hallman, eh? Yeah...umm...

Southern Miss
1988: 10-2
1989: 5-6
1990: 8-3
LSU
1991: 5-6
1992: 2-9
1993: 5-6
1994: 4-7
Overall: 39-39

May be a great human being, but not a great football coach, unless you consider .500 to be 'great'

To be fair Curley had crappy players, and the ones that couldn't hack it with him transferred out. So I hear.

So you're saying fatbuff was a ****ty player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shots-Fired-front-Final.jpg

Funny thread. fatbuff isn't saying anything different than a lot of other people: MM still has a lot to prove. But he's being vilified because he doesn't have tini's sunshine and faeries attitude (and calls him out on it). Thanks to all.

Funny thread. fatbuff isn't saying anything different than a lot of other people: MM still has a lot to prove. But he's being vilified because he doesn't have tini's sunshine and faeries attitude (and calls him out on it). Thanks to all.

He's not being vilified because he's not sunshine pumping, he's being vilified because he thinks that just because he has a old CU sweatshirt that proves some point about how much he knows about football. He's being vilified because he also seems to lack the ability to understand MacIntyre's recruiting limitations when he was at SJSU. He's being vilified because somehow he thinks that I said that Solich wanted Bohn gone, which wasn't anywhere in my post that he was referring to, and apparently called me out on it. Good attempt though, but strike one.

Last edited:
Doesn't help that he is unwilling to admit that what HCMM did at sjsu is a whole lot different than what Halk did at bsu

Tini-I am a slow learner but am finally realizing there are some "fans" here at AB that really are not prepared to appreciate progress and prefer to remain negative about where we are and where we are going. Statistics and facts that demonstrate progress are bypassed, or rationalized away.

Someone in another thread mentioned that some Buff fans are going to really struggle in the next few years as we continue to improve. It will get harder and harder to complain and they will get frustrated. Maybe they'll start rooting for the Rams b/c they should have a lifetime of complaining opportunities.

Some people are just going to bitch no matter what. I don't know why you'd want to live your life as a negative, bitchy person but whatever, it's their choice I guess. I can't wait to be called a sunshine pumper for predicting 6-6 this fall.

Doesn't help that he is unwilling to admit that what HCMM did at sjsu is a whole lot different than what Halk did at bsu

At the end of the day, it doesn't really matter if their situations were different, it matters what they do here at CU.

Both were very successful at lower level programs - Hawk took over a well-oiled machine in Boise and kept it going, HCMM took over a s**t show at SJSU and turned them into a winner. Both impressive in their own regard.

The competition level in the Big 12/Pac 12 was a huge step up for both of them and CU was in pretty bad shape (for different reasons) when each coach took over. Hawk showed some early life and got us to a bowl game, then fell on his face big time, and it's way too early to tell what will happen with HCMM but it shouldn't be too difficult to outperform the last 2 staffs (I hope).

A separate quality that goes hand-in-hand with pure recruiting is general roster management. This roster was a mess even a year ago. There has been some very needed attrition from non-contributors. No more entering spring with six QBs, with none of them ever making a contribution. No more entering spring with not enough OLs to hold a scrimmage. No more needless burning of redshirts, as evidenced by four OLs redshirted last season. We have, by all accounts, our best S&C program since Barnett.

The people who want to do nothing but bag on recruiting need to at least acknowledge that there are positives to be found nearly everywhere else in the program. You can't turn the thing around simply by signing a class that Rivals rates highly, or because you (think) that you beat out other coaches for some player. You need to have the whole thing working, from top to bottom, and we are clearly on an upward trajectory.

He's not being vilified because he's not sunshine pumping, he's being vilified because he thinks that just because he has a old CU sweatshirt that proves some point about how much he knows about football. He's being vilified because he also seems to lack the ability to understand MacIntyre's recruiting limitations when he was at SJSU. He's being vilified because somehow he thinks that I said that Solich wanted Bohn gone, which wasn't anywhere in my post that he was referring to, and apparently called me out on it. Good attempt though, but strike one.

Jebus! Are you taking some sort "smart" pill?

Semper Gumby

Jebus! Are you taking some sort "smart" pill?

Semper Gumby

Really? Poor retort, IYAM. fatbuff was being vilified well before anything came out about sweatshirts and Bohn. It's all about the sunshine, baby! Nice try at a redirect, though, I guess he gets some credit.

Really? Poor retort, IYAM. fatbuff was being vilified well before anything came out about sweatshirts and Bohn. It's all about the sunshine, baby! Nice try at a redirect, though, I guess he gets some credit.

4amasubu.jpg

I was not for hiring Embree, I thought it was a money saving move above all else, and at a terrible time to try out an unknown. I thought he had a 50/50 chance of being successful as a HC at CU. I think MMac is a decent coach, maybe a good coach, but the jury is still out. I get irritated when people act like he has performed miracles at CU because we beat teams that we should, and Gilliam turned out to be a good player. I don't think he has done enough to overlook recruiting, and like it or not recruiting is the most important job of an HC in college. Its still early in his tenure, lets wait a bit before proclaiming this thing turned around. I guess some dumbasses assume if you point out weakness' you are attacking the coach and program, or don't like anything about the coach. So be it.

I haven't been here long, but long enough to know that Fatbuff is an unabashedly sanctimonious poster. This may have more to do with how people respond to his posts than his modest sweatshirt collection.

Fatbuff being vilified? In the spirit of South Park, here is my equivalent:

how-do-you-kill-that-which-has-no-life.jpg

PS
Getting neg repped by fatbuff = :eek:k:

I put some of my qualifications out there. What are yours? My family was putting on sports and football camps in the 70's when I was a toddler through jr high, I learned a thing or two in addition to learning from some good coaches at CU. Your qualifications for your opinion seems to be that you have a Rivals account. Most of these new guys didn't get to see your introduction to the board, and don't realize what a bitch you really are. They will eventually. If anybody besides FlaBuff has that sweatshirt Ill give them $100.

Wait what? Isn't it pretty clear that the sweater isn't just a normal CU sweater? Apparently not

So, how long until we have FB and 'tini posting pictures of their junk with doctored rulers in the foreground?

I was not for hiring Embree, I thought it was a money saving move above all else, and at a terrible time to try out an unknown. I thought he had a 50/50 chance of being successful as a HC at CU. I think MMac is a decent coach, maybe a good coach, but the jury is still out. I get irritated when people act like he has performed miracles at CU because we beat teams that we should, and Gilliam turned out to be a good player. I don't think he has done enough to overlook recruiting, and like it or not recruiting is the most important job of an HC in college. Its still early in his tenure, lets wait a bit before proclaiming this thing turned around. I guess some dumbasses assume if you point out weakness' you are attacking the coach and program, or don't like anything about the coach. So be it.
Hyperbole. I cannot remember those who proclaimed Mac a miracle worker. Of whom do you speak?

Last edited:
I don't want to speak for all the "half-full" or sunshine pumpers as some of us are referred to, so I will just speak for myself. I have never claimed nor thought HCMM walks on water. I think he is a very good coach with some damn good mentors. I think he is going to turn this ship around. I think he has done a good job since arriving at CU, starting to instill a winning mindset, making us more competitive, building relationships with HS coaches, and gradually building up the recruiting efforts.

I was less than thrilled that he brought his whole staff over from SJSU as I thought our budget allowed us to go after some bigger fish who were more experienced recruiters and maybe better coaches too. But I am starting to see the value in what he did in that it allowed him to advance his program much faster b/c of the alignment of philosophies from day one.

I think he made a fantastic hire with Walters and not so excited about Neinas. I would like to see the recruiting pick up and be better than it has but he was not a star coach who could automatically come in and attract top talent given the lack of facilities and the losing culture and recent history. Even moreso as I mentioned in another thread, I think they were behind the 8 ball on top talent the 1st few classes b/c the top blue chip guys start getting recruited early and HCMM&Co being at SJSU before could not have had that caliber talent in their pipeline for future classes. That should change for 2015.

Finally, I find it absolutely obnoxious, annoying and counter-productive to avoid tangible evidence of improvement and sweep it under the rug. I find it obnoxious when people open criticize recruits or our recruiting efforts in recruits threads. If you guys think this is just a fan site and noone else, including recruits and their families come to this site, than you are mistaken. And I also find it ridiculous to belittle HCMM b/c he coached in the WAC before. He did pull out a near miracle at SJSU taking a program from near extinction to a top 20 team in 3 years.

Back