What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stampede magazine has some good stuff this month

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
I can't find it online, but there's a great article on Toney Clemons called "Going Pro!".

It sounds like Plati does a great job preparing guys to do interviews well. One of the things Plati does is provide all the athletes with a detailed guide called "Succeeding with the Media." One of the things in it is, "Don't be an expert on anyone but yourself, be courteous and humble." Clemons, who won the Best Interview award from local media last year, is already one of the favorite interviews of the Steelers' media.

Also, the mag has a great Q&A with Jeremy Bloom and a really good piece on Askia Booker. There's also a good one on our new W-Lax coach, Ann Elliott.

Maybe the best thing was at the end. It was a recap of the McCartney event at the spring game. At the end of his speech, Embree asked all the former players who had played in a bowl game to join him on the stage. Then, he asked all of the current seniors who had played in a bowl to join them. I'll re-type the rest:

Not a single one moved. After a moment of awkward silence, Embree made sure his seniors knew he didn't leave them out to dry. "My promise to you," Embree told them, "is that all of you will be standing next to these men next year. You will play in a bowl game."

It's starting to feel like football season.

Maybe the best thing was at the end. It was a recap of the McCartney event at the spring game. At the end of his speech, Embree asked all the former players who had played in a bowl game to join him on the stage. Then, he asked all of the current seniors who had played in a bowl to join them. I'll re-type the rest:

Not a single one moved. After a moment of awkward silence, Embree made sure his seniors knew he didn't leave them out to dry. "My promise to you," Embree told them, "is that all of you will be standing next to these men next year. You will play in a bowl game."

It's starting to feel like football season.

That Mac speech was incredible, except he talked about Sparkles too much.

Back