What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stanford and Cal... Rowdiest home stand of all-time in The Keg?

should be pretty good. as far as rowdiest, i give you CU over Texas and Kansas in 02 or 03. both were final four teams. both lost to CU at the CEC that season.

that's right, CU beat half the Final Four. at home.

not the same weekend, but that's Pac scheduling. Stanford is middling pack now in conf standings...no NCAA team. still a must W for us. Cal would be it. a skin on the wall that says the Foam Dome is back,

should be pretty good. as far as rowdiest, i give you CU over Texas and Kansas in 02 or 03. both were final four teams. both lost to CU at the CEC that season.

not the same weekend, but that's Pac scheduling. Stanford is middling pack now in conf standings...no NCAA team. still a must W for us. Cal would be it. a skin on the wall that says the Foam Dome is back,

Was there for those games but we were never in position to win the conference that year. I think these two especially Cal will out do those two.

Also, nobody was expecting to win the kansas game so as usual the crowd was very blue.

4b2008ca-7640-5845.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to lay it on the line, here's our chance to get ourselves a legitimate resume this week. Currently, Stanford is 93rd in the RPI, Cal is 30th. Hitting the 20 win mark this week with a top 50 RPI win and another top 100 win would get us into contention. At 53rd, Washington is knocking on the door of getting in the top 50 as well -- we need that to happen. Georgia is on the verge of being in the top 100, we need that to happen as well.

For some historical perspective, at this time last year, no one (and I mean no one, it wasn't being mentioned by anyone) was talking about the Buffs as a potential NCAA Tournament team. The Buffs had lost 7/9, and had to go on the road to Texas Tech. The Buffs won an ugly game in Lubbock on Feb. 23rd, 71-68, to stop the bleeding and get to 6-7 in the Big XII. They then returned to Boulder, and on Feb. 26th got the huge comeback victory over Texas to put themselves squarely on the bubble. Obviously we didn't make the Dance last year, but my point is that 4 games remaining in the regular season + the Pac-12 tournament is an eternity. We've got a golden opportunity this week to put ourselves into the discussion, it doesn't get much bigger than this.

I was there for both games as a student.... it was ****ing rowdy... .but rowdy in a totally drunken **** show sort of way

funny stuff Skiddy and Shldr2Shldr.

Oh, and can someone get a recording of a chain saw? Be great to hear that over the CEC sound system during the 'furd game.

I think theres gonna be a problem with the amount of students planning to attend these last two. Kids that don't know 1 thing about CU basketball and haven't been to a game all year are going, there is not going to be enough room. I expect an email from the AD saying only the first ____ students will get in.

I think theres gonna be a problem with the amount of students planning to attend these last two. Kids that don't know 1 thing about CU basketball and haven't been to a game all year are going, there is not going to be enough room. I expect an email from the AD saying only the first ____ students will get in.

What I'd like to see is something for students that gives priority to any students who attended the non-conference games.

If you were there for Ft Lewis and New Orleans, you shouldn't get left out for Stanford and Cal.

What I'd like to see is something for students that gives priority to any students who attended the non-conference games.

If you were there for Ft Lewis and New Orleans, you shouldn't get left out for Stanford and Cal.
+1 should be a pretty easy automated process too

The thing is the fans that are good enough to be at those games, will be there at early enough to get in so that shouldn't be a problem. I plan on being out there 30 minutes before the doors open. I haven't gotten an email yet. AD might not do anything and theres going to be some serious overflow.

Back