1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stanford athletics: Bob Bowlsby reportedly offered Big 12 commissioner job

Discussion in 'CU Buffs Newsroom' started by RSSBot, May 2, 2012.

1. RSSBot

RSSBot News Junkie

Jon Wilner

Here’s the news, courtesy of the DMN’s Chuck Carlton. I don’t know if Bowlsby will take the job. You’d have to think that if he’s this far along, he’s pretty darn interested. (Interestingly, another name mentioned in conjunction with the Big 12 commish job has been Oliver Luck, Andrew’s dad and the AD at West [...]

Originally posted by College Hotline
    Click here to view the article.

2. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Don't look now, Sackman. UT took a tiny step closer to the nightmare scenario.

3. Del

Del Member

So do you think that Stanford goes out and does Papa Luck a solid by offering him the AD job? Would make for a "cool story bro!"

4. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I don't read it that way. I see this as a confirmation that UT wants to keep the Big 12 intact, and is raiding some of the brain trust that made the Pac 12 so successful. They want to duplicate what we have, not co-opt it. Hopefully, this hurts Stanford football, too.

Maybe I'm overly optimistic, but this doesn't bother me.

5. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Hope you are right. But let's stay vigilant.

Bowlsby has Larry Scott's ear.

Bowlsby will sit on DeLoss Dodd's lap, as is the B12 commish's traditional role.

Bowlsby knows the Pac12 media deal and now must operate in a Longhorn Network world.

Who's to say Bowlsby isn't one of Scott's agents with a mission to bring together the master Mega plan, and do it better than the B1G and SEC?