What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stanford = Sefo Liufau's worst game of season

Justin M Guerriero

Club Member
Club Member
It's not that senior quarterback Sefo Liufau played horrendously. I think the word "decent" is a fair term to describe his performance. But compared to the level of play he's displayed in the games that he's played in so far this season, Saturday's game vs the Cardinal was particularly ugly.

Liufau went 12-of-25 during the game. That completion rate of 48% is the worst such stat line for Liufau all year. He repeatedly threw balls at his receivers' feet and made some other bad overthrows. The TD pass in the second quarter that Shay Fields, Jr. caught looked like a Tim Wakefield knuckleball...it was a very ugly ball.

I did some digging and was found out that Liufau's completion rate of 48% vs. Stanford was the worst such rate in his career as a Buffalo.

He went 17-of-33 vs. Southern Cal in 2013, good for roughly a 52% completion rate. That was his next-worst performance in such regards. Although, he did complete just 50% of his passes in 2014 vs. Oregon, but only attempted 14 passes.

Thoughts on Liufau's performance on Saturday. I take into account that he was sacked five times and was rushed a decent amount of the time, but is is too harsh to say that he had a bad game?

He had a bad game, but he didn't turn the ball over and he made enough plays to win, including the only TD of the day.

Bad games happen but his experience and his leadership were critical to leading this team to a victory.

Somebody told me that Stanford gave schollies to all their players on defense, ex-specially their big LBs and that #90.
Izzat even fair?

Horrible game if he was your fantasy league QB. In real life, he was off but played winning football. No turnovers, moved the offense, made some plays with his legs. Good game by Sefo even if far from his best.

Sefo scored the winning points. On the road. Against a very tough, talented, well coached defense. He also was robbed of a 2nd TD by the officials. Great game in my book.

He did what he needed to do to win the game. In the past, he could have had record-breaking type performances that didn't lead to a win.

Back