What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stanford vs CU Game Day Thread

Buffs typically have about a 20-point advantage, home vs road. Should beat Cal without too much trouble, IMO. Only caution is the 3-point shooting - it's been mostly on all year, but a severe off-night is a risk. At CEC the risk of an off-night shooting is low.

Funny? He almost cost us the game!
How do you know it wasn't your chicken little sky is falling limp dick mealy mouthed paranoid lack of faith that was at the root of Stanford's 10 point run?

Got home from the game. Thanks @Buffnik for the tickets. Crowd was a no show mainly and a beating of Stanford didn't bring a ton of energy.

Glad I saw another beat down. Something has to improve with the students. There's no reason for the student showing on a Wednesday. No sure what RG could do, but he has to do something. The team can be really on and are fun to watch.

Ended up chatting throughout the game and I know we weren't the only ones.

Got home from the game. Thanks @Buffnik for the tickets. Crowd was a no show mainly and a beating of Stanford didn't bring a ton of energy.

Glad I saw another beat down. Something has to improve with the students. There's no reason for the student showing on a Wednesday. No sure what RG could do, but he has to do something. The team can be really on and are fun to watch.

Ended up chatting throughout the game and I know we weren't the only ones.

I don't understand the lack of fans for this team. Were they staying in to watch reruns of duck dynasty?

I don't understand the lack of fans for this team. Were they staying in to watch reruns of duck dynasty?
I don't get it either. CU hoops is the best entertainment value in Northern Colorado IMO. Coors should be packed for Pac12 games.

Maybe the pricing is too high? Beer gardens are awesome, but I know most undergrads can't take advantage anyway. Maybe better seating? Maybe the good seats at football spoil the students that do attend for bball games.

The university needs to direct traffic off of 28th and Colorado, because that was a ****show before the game. I told my buddy to park off of 30th and instead he drove on campus. Took 45 minutes to get home. The lack of on campus parking is a problem. The university has to promote people parking on the east campus and taking the bus. The bus I did see was in the same ****show as we were getting in.

Lot of season ticket holders were a no show. Niks tickets were actually filled with students and the 4 next to them. We sat in the same row, just a few seats down.

How do you know it wasn't your chicken little sky is falling limp dick mealy mouthed paranoid lack of faith that was at the root of Stanford's 10 point run?
PROJECTION!
Hope Furd extends Dawkins forever! What a horrible coach: Furd closes the gap to 10 and they come out of the Tad-called TO absolutely flat!
Its as if they knocked the chess board over and then spent time putting it all back TOGEHTER, instead of kicking the pieces around the court! Unreal.

PROJECTION!
Hope Furd extends Dawkins forever! What a horrible coach: Furd closes the gap to 10 and they come out of the Tad-called TO absolutely flat!
Its as if they knocked the chess board over and then spent time putting it all back TOGEHTER, instead of kicking the pieces around the court! Unreal.

So 8000 was way less than I expected based on the parking nightmare last night. Both lots by the stadium were closed, side streets were full, had to park under the C4C. Took 35min from the time I arrived on 28th until I actually got out of the car. After the game it took 45min to get out of the garage under the C4C. Absolutely ridiculous.

That being said, great game. Love seeing a Pac-12 beat down by the buffs. Students looked decent by the time I got there. Not nearly as rabid as in years past though.

Sunday NEEDS to be a good crowd.

@StormTrooper, anything planned for the game? White or silver out would be awesome, match what the team is wearing. Need something to advertise the rest of the week. Have to get the students involved.

Good win of course. I liked the ball movement. Josh seemed under the weather (confirmed by Tad after the game) but still contributed and made some difference. Dom had a better game in my eyes. Time for focus and beating cal this weekend.

So glad Bubbles broke out and got his shot back. Great game from he and King who was very smooth last night. Outside then using the dribble to get shots in the lane.

So glad Bubbles broke out and got his shot back. Great game from he and King who was very smooth last night. Outside then using the dribble to get shots in the lane.

I thought this was King's best overall game this season. In addition to the scoring, he only had one turnover and I thought he did a nice job defensively as well. Seemed to do a nice job staying in front of Pickens or whover he was guarding and never really remember him getting beat or out of position.

I'd be interested in whether the stats support my observation. @jgisland ?

I agree. King was energetic on defense. Fortune and Talton are the ones with the lazy feet. If Tad can get them to stay in front anyone, it would help a lot. Those are also the guys making the lazy passes to the other team.

I thought this was King's best overall game this season. In addition to the scoring, he only had one turnover and I thought he did a nice job defensively as well. Seemed to do a nice job staying in front of Pickens or whover he was guarding and never really remember him getting beat or out of position.

I'd be interested in whether the stats support my observation. @jgisland ?
Agreed. Two plays that especially caught my eye were the offensive putback where he missed the dunk and got fouled, and the open 3 that he passed up for a beautiful running floater (it seems like only a game ago he would have gone for the monster dunk and got stuffed).

Agreed. Two plays that especially caught my eye were the offensive putback where he missed the dunk and got fouled, and the open 3 that he passed up for a beautiful running floater (it seems like only a game ago he would have gone for the monster dunk and got stuffed).

Yeah, didn't really seem to force things either. I think I remember one time he went into the lane 1 on 3 and got bailed out with a foul instead of a turnover, but that was about it.

Back