What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stanford vs USC

Whaaaa?

I don't know how you can call college OT gimmicky. Each team has the same opportunity to win the game. I think college OT is fantastic. The NFL can learn some things from the college game. Overtime is one of them.

starting at the 25 yard line is gimmicky

NFL dwarfs the college game in popularity and ratings. It doesn't need anything from the college game

Yep, they need to tweak the rules some. You should not automatically get the ball already in FG territory.

That's not within every FG kickers range, or should I remind you of Mr. Aric Goodman?

I think college OT is perfect the way it is.

I like the college OT except I would make a couple of tweaks - first, instead of starting at the 25, the teams start at the 30, maybe even the 35. Second, get rid of that stupid rule where you have to go for 2 starting with the 3rd OT. This is one part of the OT where it becomes a little gimmicky.

That's not within every FG kickers range, or should I remind you of Mr. Aric Goodman?

I think college OT is perfect the way it is.

For most of them, it is entirely in their range, especially if any yardage is gained. Move the ball back to the 40 and make teams earn points.

I like the college OT except I would make a couple of tweaks - first, instead of starting at the 25, the teams start at the 30, maybe even the 35. Second, get rid of that stupid rule where you have to go for 2 starting with the 3rd OT. This is one part of the OT where it becomes a little gimmicky.

That rule came into effect due to a game a few years ago where it went to 7 overtimes. It was a couple SEC teams. I think maybe Arkansas and Ol Miss. Fantastic game, but each team kept kicking PATs when they would score a TD. The rules people didn't want that many overtimes, so they instituted the rule. I think it makes it better, frankly. I wouldn't change a think about college OT.

For most of them, it is entirely in their range, especially if any yardage is gained. Move the ball back to the 40 and make teams earn points.

If there's a sack or there's a penalty, then they're moved back.

We can agree to disagree on this. I like it the way it is. You don't. I won't convince you and you won't convince me.

Great game.

RE the ot rules, I would start teams at the 35. If you don't gain a yard, you should have to make an extremely difficult FG to come away with any points. Other than that, I like it.

That rule came into effect due to a game a few years ago where it went to 7 overtimes. It was a couple SEC teams. I think maybe Arkansas and Ol Miss. Fantastic game, but each team kept kicking PATs when they would score a TD. The rules people didn't want that many overtimes, so they instituted the rule. I think it makes it better, frankly. I wouldn't change a think about college OT.

Answer me this ... if Stanford had failed on its two point conversion try after its last TD, would USC still have been required to go for two also?

Seriously ... I should know the answer to this, but if I ever did, I forgot it. :huh:

I understand why they have the rule, I just don't think that teams should be forced to go for 2 after the 2nd OT because it's like forcing the issue.

Answer me this ... if Stanford had failed on its two point conversion try after its last TD, would USC still have been required to go for two also?

Seriously ... I should know the answer to this, but if I ever did, I forgot it. :huh:

First two overtimes team has the choice of going for one or two regardless of what the other team does.

Third overtime and beyond, each TD must be followed by a two point try.

I would like to see a change where each OT where both teams score the starting point moves back 5 yards. First OT 25 yard line, both teams score second starts at the 30, third 35, etc. Make it progressively harder to score each OT.

Yes. USC would really have two choices - go for two and the win, or kneel down on the attempt and go to another OT, but I don't know why they would want to do that with the chance to end it.

Yes,anything from 3rd OT on a TD must be followed by a 2 pointer no matter if the first team on offense converts their mandatory 2 pointer or not

Pretty gutsy play by Luck after the pick 6. I also think they should move back 10 yards or so for OT, but the 2 point conversion has to be mandated at some point - you don't want injuries from a bunch of over-tired athletes.

So now that the 12pac is raking in extra $$$'s from the tv biz, do you suppose they can afford better refs?

Sadly, as bad as the PAC refs are they are a step up from Clete and that band of blind escaped convicts with whistles running around Big XII fields.

we are going to get schooled/crushed - again.... at nigh and on a friday so every recruit can see it.... damn this ****ing **** is getting ****ing OLD!!! we ****ing suck bad

we are going to get schooled/crushed - again.... at nigh and on a friday so every recruit can see it.... damn this ****ing **** is getting ****ing OLD!!! we ****ing suck bad

The only thing to look forward to is if Ralphie will get a shot at running over Lane Kiffin on the pregame run.

We talked about this in chat one night, the OT rules. Like the format but move them back, 25 is too easy. Id say the 40 in the least. I think some of these personal fouls are horse****, understand why they are doing it. However, its such a tough call and I saw alot of iffy targeting calls yesterday.

Forget his name, but the play that the USC TE made in the OT was sick. Avoided 4 tacklers along the sideline while taking it in from around the 12 for a TD. Got over the goal line by jumping from around the 4 with a guy hanging onto his legs. One of the best individual plays I have seen all season, college or pro. (As an ex-TE I may be a bit biased, but that was nasty.)

Forget his name, but the play that the USC TE made in the OT was sick. Avoided 4 tacklers along the sideline while taking it in from around the 12 for a TD. Got over the goal line by jumping from around the 4 with a guy hanging onto his legs. One of the best individual plays I have seen all season, college or pro. (As an ex-TE I may be a bit biased, but that was nasty.)
Yeah saw that, heard his name but dont remember it. Dude was a freshman too I think. Makes me wanna cry with our TE situation.

Back