1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting D - 2008

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by PacNWBuff, Jan 30, 2008.

1. PacNWBuff

PacNWBuff Member

Wow there is a lot of attention being paid to DS and that whole saga. Kind of fun to read, but we have no idea what the impact will be for the 08 season.

So who is going to start on D in 2008? Lets assume they stick to the 4-3 (I have heard some grumblings about a 3-4 with Brad Jones being a pass rushing OLB). Here is my guess:

DT - The Rabid Goldfish (and whoever made those shirts, much kudos. Love the Hellfish), and Nicholas - That was easy
    DE - Lucas and Obi
    OLB - BJones and Major
    ILB - Burton and Sip
    Corner - The loss of Burney is not nearly getting as much press as it should. I'm going with Brown and Smith.
    SS - Walters (assuming he doesn't run full speed into Ralphie during spring drills)
    FS - Wright? Perkins? Dykes? Someone else?

I'm also curious as to what the DL rotation will look like. I could see Cunningham getting onto the field this fall.

And for those of us who are out of state PLEASE fill us in when spring practice starts.

2. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

So Katoa sits I guess??

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I would have to think Kotoa and Mohler will both see a lot of playing time next season.

4. PacNWBuff

PacNWBuff Member

I think he will see the field. I just think that major is better suited to start at one of the OLB positions this year. It seems that the major knock on Katoa is the fact that he was a little raw. Of course talent wise he is at the top but do you really see him jumping over Burton or Sip for one of the inside roles?

5. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

DT-Rabid Goldfish and Nicholas
    DE-Lucas and Hudgins (With Herrod and Obi pushing hard)
    SAM-Brad Jones
    MIKE- Sipili (Both Duren and Smart will probably play quite a bit)
    WILL- Burton/Major/Moehler
    CB- Jimmy Smith Jalil Brown
    Nickel- Chapelle Brown/McKay
    FS-Walters
    SS- Dykes/Wright

I think Nate V. is going to see the field a lot next year since we play so many spread teams.

Brace, Shields, Kaynor, Lawson and Goree will be battling for interior DL playing time behind the two studs. Some of these guys are going to be playing outside as well.

Spring ball starts mid March, right around St. Paddy's day with the spring game on April 12th

6. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

True, but he gets two practices before the season starts doesn't he?!?

7. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I think Katoa will see the field next year, enrolling early will be a huge help to him and he'll be ahead of both Major and Moehler in terms of the scheme. He seems like he's cut from the Dizon mold.

8. BroncoBuff

BroncoBuff New Member

Yeah, Shaun Mohler is almost a lock to start ... he's played lights out in JC. It might not be Division I, but it's a long way from high school ball.

9. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

DE- Mo Lucas
    DE- Conrad Obi
    DT- Rabid Goldfish
    DT- Brandon Nicolas

OLB- Shaun "Mauler" Mohler
    ILB- Michael Sipili
    OLB- Brad Jones

CB- Gardner McKay
    CB- Jimmy Smith
    FS- Ryan Walters