What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Starting punter is

I like the guy, but it was a virtual tie.

In the 4 practices I attended, it was an essential tie. Embree said it himself that it was a virtual tie. Some of you guys are going to have to learn to be a little less Homers when talking about one of your friends or family here.

It was vey very close but by the actual stats D won. There had to be a way to break the "tie" and even if it was fractions of yards and seconds. you have to pick the one that was ahead.

I guess I do not understand the assumption of Grossnickle being ruined by Hawkins. Maybe he just is not good enough?

Not a hard assumption. Normally you expect a guy to improve over the course of his time in a program, Grossnickle regressed. Nobody has ever questioned his leg but as time went by under the "coaching" of Hawkins and the Riddler his distance declined and his consistency got worse. If he had never shown the ability to start with then you might argue he just wasn't good enough, to see him do it and then seem to lose it at the same time as other players are doing the same then it is reasonable to blame the coaching staff.

I guess I do not understand the assumption of Grossnickle being ruined by Hawkins. Maybe he just is not good enough?

I think we need to give folks a year of "Blame Halkins for Everything". It's the least that Buff fans are owed. :smile2:

I think we need to give folks a year of "Blame Halkins for Everything". It's the least that Buff fans are owed. :smile2:

As long as I do not see any "Hawkins ruined Castor" posts, I will let the others slide :)

I guarantee you Hawkins coined the term "derivative swap agreement." Being Halkins, they ended up with "player groupings" instead.

the Ole chant is sick for any haters out there.
As for the tie... D had better stats, plain and simple.
Also punting is a huge part of football, so for the uneducated people saying why do we have have a thread about punting, obviously doesnt understand field position, or watch zach grossnickle last year. In the offense we are playing especially, Field position is huge.

OLE OLE OLEEEE . talked to deji and josh ford in on of my classes today, both said that the rest of the depth chart will be released this afternoon.

How many years can we blame everything on Hawk for? Grossnickle kicks the ****ing ball, what the hell did Hawk do to him that caused him to be unable to do it better than a walk-on soccer player? Grossnickle and Castor are going to find themselves on the bench this season because they're just not very good. Even more disappointing in all of this is Brundage.. what the hell happened to that guy?

Rant completed, congratulations to O'Neill. Having only punted for 6 months total in his life I think it's safe to assume we will see a lot of improvement from him over the course of his career.

Rant completed, congratulations to O'Neill. Having only punted for 6 months total in his life I think it's safe to assume we will see a lot of improvement from him over the course of his career.

if he is better than them in 6months imagine after a whole season, and eventually by his senior year. Hello Ray GUY!!

The Ole chant is the dumest most annoying thing ever. Please do not bring this to CU football games. It is Europe's version of USA, USA, USA - which is the second dumbest and most annoying thing ever.

The only time I ever hear it in the US is at ****** MLS games, and from Eurotrash fans at the Ryder cup when it comes here.

For the sake of everything that is CU, or has any value in the universe, please do not do this.

The Ole chant is the dumest most annoying thing ever. Please do not bring this to CU football games. It is Europe's version of USA, USA, USA - which is the second dumbest and most annoying thing ever.

The only time I ever hear it in the US is at ****** MLS games, and from Eurotrash fans at the Ryder cup when it comes here.

For the sake of everything that is CU, or has any value in the universe, please do not do this.
UT fans do not get to talk about what is the most annoying thing ever. :smile2:

.... congratulations to O'Neill. Having only punted for 6 months total in his life I think it's safe to assume we will see a lot of improvement from him over the course of his career.
I think that was also a factor in the decision. Who appears to have more upside? .... the guy who has only been doing this for 6 months. Who appears to be able to absorb coaching and improve or adjust as needed....the guy who had hang time problems in the first practices and corrected it within a few weeks.

Isn't that Ole song/chant/whatever supposed to be a marker of a festive, happy crowd? Why the hell would a cu fan sing/chant/whatever a festive, happy song/chant/whatever when the buffs are going out to punt?

Add me to the chorus of requests not to do this.

Also, bbads - get off your high horse about football knowledge. everyone here knows that field position and punting is important. Punters are not popular because they only appear when the offense has failed. While I'll hope O'Neill kicks the **** out of the ball, I honestly hope never to see him take the field, and when he does, I'll guaranty that I won't be happy about it.

EDIT: Oh, and contratz to O'Niell for winning the job.

Last edited:
You guys realize CU can do other cool things besides running Ralphie right? Player specific chants and traditions are some of the most fun things for fans to do. "Bloooooooom" "J J Billingsley" "Preston Slaughter clap clap clapclapclap" "Huuuughhhhh" Did you all hate those too?

You guys realize CU can do other cool things besides running Ralphie right? Player specific chants and traditions are some of the most fun things for fans to do. "Bloooooooom" "J J Billingsley" "Preston Slaughter clap clap clapclapclap" "Huuuughhhhh" Did you all hate those too?

None of those are soccer related.

Those are all names that when were heard something(usually positive) had happen. Chanting for hang time on a punt= lame. Congrats D. on winning the starting job.

im not on a high horse. someone said that its stupid there is a thread about punting, and i said that he is stupid because if you watched any buffs football last year, you could easily see how much our poor punting f***** us last year.
ole chants are awesome too

im not on a high horse. someone said that its stupid there is a thread about punting, and i said that he is stupid because if you watched any buffs football last year, you could easily see how much our poor punting f***** us last year.
ole chants are awesome too
Speechless.

Neither is this. Its player related, a tradition. The Tulo chant started when he was in highschool and it lives on today. And so will Ole.
Dude, it's from the world cup back in whatever year. I lived in Australia at the time, and learned to hate that song with a passion. So yes, it's exclusively soccer related. Therefore: it sucks.

Dude, it's from the world cup back in whatever year. I lived in Australia at the time, and learned to hate that song with a passion. So yes, it's exclusively soccer related. Therefore: it sucks.

A slight correction: It's a combination of soccer and fairview related. Therefore: it sucks.

Back