What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Starting punter is

im not on a high horse. someone said that its stupid there is a thread about punting, and i said that he is stupid because if you watched any buffs football last year, you could easily see how much our poor punting f***** us last year.
ole chants are awesome too
**** 'im up Bbad!

Dude, it's from the world cup back in whatever year. I lived in Australia at the time, and learned to hate that song with a passion. So yes, it's exclusively soccer related. Therefore: it sucks.
I see a royal rumble happening in the horseshoe at this rate. Your wife is gonna be so proud when we make ESPN brawling on the field after we rush it in victory.

Other than the fact that he is a local kid (so is Grossnickle) and the fact that his parents own Conor's, I don't understand the love for Darragh. Add me to the "Ole chant is ****ing stupid and I will want to vomit everytime I hear it at a CU game group." It is going to reflect on CU very poorly when a bunch of drunk underclassmen wake up out of their haze to scream the Ole chant when we punt and then immediately fall back into their drunken indifferent stupor. Wahoo, we're punting guys! Time to liven up this place with a soccer chant!

Can't we come up with anything new anymore? God look at the ****ing movies. Smurfs, transformers, rainbow Bright! You kids get off my lawn and come up with your own damn stuff!

I see a royal rumble happening in the horseshoe at this rate. Your wife is gonna be so proud when we make ESPN brawling on the field after we rush it in victory.
With you around, I doubt we have to wait until the end of the game to brawl.

Good thing we're not at work. How are you settling in to the new neighborhood?
It is ****ing allsome. Loving it so far. Finally getting finished with moving in, so hoping to really get after the neighborhood once I get back from Hawaii.

So, I just did some reasearch on this, and in european sports, the "Ole" chant is done as a victory chant when the team is winning and just passing the ball around running out the clock.

Punting is not winning, so it would not be a good time to do the chant.

Also it's the most retarded thing ever, and makes us look like a buch of dildo stuffers, so don't do it.

At the risk of not getting the full context of the question, this quote from CU's new punter has me concerned: "I definitely have to say Hawaii was one of the things I thought of during the process, and the fact that I'm going to be going there is unbelievable."

Hopefully he's in it for more than a trip to Hawaii.
Hopefully he ment as a starter. If not look for some ****** punting.

Serious question, which will be more difficult this season at home games:

1. Keeping SnowBuff from falling over after too many Sapphire/Tonics?
2. Keeping Rugged from punching out kids singing soccer songs in Folsom?

3. Keeping UBL from rushing the field and dry humping the punter?

Have you read this thread? It's not going to be dry.

If things go right he will be showing him his ole face.

7742_ohface.gif

jesus ubl and bbads. you know i am friends with darragh as well, but a ****ing ole chant? i'm sure the irish flag you're bringing to every game will suffice.

Punting=Offensive Failure

Why would anyone want to chant to celebrate a punt?

And a soccer chant to top it off=FAIL.

First time in the history of ****ing evar that a thread about a ****ing punter has gone to 6 ****ing pages. Congratulations, O'Neill knob-slobberers.

Field position is hugely important. Successful directional punting to pin the other team deep is huge. Having a great net average on punts with consistency is huge. I want to ****ing win and being great in the punting game (and return game, and kicking game, and with kickoffs) is a significant part of that. And I get why it's exciting to see a good friend from high school win the job.

But...

Give me a ****ing break. It's a ****ing punter. We've talked more about Darragh during fall camp and today than we have Hansen, Speedy, Major, Perkins or Richardson. That's ****ed up. Hell, even if we're focusing on Special Teams it's been our placekicking more than our punting that's been the biggest issue. Oliver is bigger news to me than O'Neill.

At this point, I am gonna keep talking about this cause I know it annoys the **** out of you haters :lol:

Breaking (as of a lot earlier):
D has been changed to #8. Not a Typo on the depth chart.
Wanted to make a new thread for this but I was afraid of being banned.
Ole

Breaking (as of a lot earlier):
D has been changed to #8. Not a Typo on the depth chart.
Wanted to make a new thread for this but I was afraid of being banned.
Ole

Wait, we gave a single digit # to a ****ing PUNTER? That goes too far sir. :wtf:

Back