1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting Quarterback vs CSU

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Aug 22, 2009.

?

Who gets the nod on Sept. 6th?

Poll closed Sep 5, 2009.
  1. Cody Hawkins

83.8%
  2. Tyler Hansen

16.2%
  1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I know 13Buff had a good thread going on this topic. I'd just like to see a poll on the subject. :thumbsup:

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I say Hawk surprises everyone and goes to Hansen. I don't know why, but I think Hawkins might try to get a little tricky. And that worries me. A lot.

3. LaserDeathHawk

LaserDeathHawk Club Member Club Member

If they are as even as everyone says then I say you go with experience. Let Cody run the O for the first 3 quarters, get up by 67 to 0 then hand the reigns to Hanson for practice.

dply likes this.
  4. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I say hawk goes with hawk as hawk was the best qb last report. But who knows, since word out of camp has been very, very sparse.

5. 13Buff

13Buff Club Member Club Member

As much as I would want Hansen to start, I am getting the feeling it will be Cody.

6. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

I just think it's great that Coach Hawk has played things this close to the vest. Who's the QB? Does the backup rotate in? Same offense for both guys? What is the offense and how does it differ from what Helfrich ran?

2 weeks until the game and the prep starts for it this week... but CSU knows next to nothing. :thumbsup:

7. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Clark Evans. This has all been a HUGE smokescreen. Oh, and Simmons got in weeks ago and is practicing, but we don't know it because practices are closed.

8. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

Speaking seriously about Simmons....

Presumably Monday is the the moment of truth as it is the day classes start, right?

9. Buffnik

Not necessarily. We should know something this week, though.

10. sackman

Pardon me, but I've heard this tune before.

11. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

His LOI becomes null and void on the 24th if he is not in school. So I would say the 24th is pretty much the drop dead date.

12. Buffnik

But with classes starting Monday, Simmons has to be able to enroll within a short time of that or he won't be here this semester. The timing should force an announcement.

13. Buffnik

Under some scenarios, yes.

But, for instance, if Simmons was taking a course online the past few weeks that the NCAA and/or CU was requiring of him... and that course grade wouldn't be posted for another few days... or if there was an NCAA appeal in the works we were awaiting a decision on for another few days... then as long as Simmons still wanted to be a Buff this could drag on past the 24th.

The 24th, I believe, is only a hard date if Simmons wanted out or if CU refused to allow him to enroll after the 1st day of the semester (I believe there's a week or so of grace to get into courses).

14. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

Do we know if he's not in school, or simply not eligible to play (NCAA)? I've seen several posts saying he has been admitted to CU, but accurate information is so hard to come by that I'm not sure what to believe...

15. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Simmons was admitted to CU weeks ago. His problem is with NCAA eligibility.

16. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I hope it's Cody... he has proven he can beat the Rams. If it's Hansen I think we'll see some growing pains that I personally don't want to sort out during the RMS

17. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

I voted Hansen just because if there is a time to start him, it's from the beginning.

18. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

The coaches believe Will Jefferson has made so much progress in learning the offense that they name him the starting QB. Soon after, Jefferson leaves the program "to be closer to home" and ends up at UCLA next fall.

19. BuffMania

BuffMania Banned BANNED

Hawkins will get the nod, but I want to see Hansen get at least 30% of the snaps.

20. GoBuffs08

GoBuffs08 Well-Known Member

I hope whoever they go with has a great game. If we get into the QB rotation every other series because neither guy is getting it done, it is going to be a long season. I think that if they are even in practice right now, they go with Cody.

21. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

weird. Most people (including me, but I have large doubts that Hansen is even) think that if they are even, you go with Hansen.

22. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

If that's the case, start cody vs csu. He has the experience and is 2-0 vs csu. Hansen should get plenty of reps the first 3 games and after the csu game can start.

23. sackman

The poll is who will start, not who we think should start. I think Cody will get the nod, but I'd prefer Hansen.

24. dio

dio Admin Club Member Junta Member

jesus... this is one of the biggest turnouts for any poll that I've seen on AB

25. SINKRATZ

SINKRATZ Club Member Club Member

I don't think you start Cody against CSU if you're planning to go with Hansen the rest of the way - doesn' instill much confidence in either guy, and sure doesn't give the team much confidence.

26. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

True, is hansen a better passer now? If he starts and you lose, then what?

27. sackman

Flash back to 2006. We had three QB's in the mix for the job. Cox, B-Jax, and White. Just about everbody just KNEW that White would be the guy. He had the arm, he had game experience in the bowl game, he just had all the intangibles that we thought were needed. Turns out, from most reports, the kid thought he had the job sewn up months before, and wasn't putting in the effort the coaches wanted from him. So to the surprise of just about EVERYBODY, Hawk starts Cox against Montana State. Well, well all know how that turned out. White quit the team, and Cox did his best impression of Simple Jack and couldn't move the team to save his life.

We're in a similar situation now. We have two guys who are supposedly neck and neck for the starting job. Nobody knows for sure who's going to get the job, but we're all pretty certain it will be Cody.

I would prefer to have a starter named this week so that he can get the majority of reps with the 1st team in game preparations.

28. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I think it will be Hansen if the rumors about how good he has looked are true.

29. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

He needs to have taken his momentum from the scrimmage and really built on it. He looked very bad at times, and a clear step below cody. Been a few weeks tho.

30. Pale Ale

Pale Ale Well-Known Member

Cody with plenty of reps for Hansen. This offense won't have a true identity until conference play begins