1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Starting to get ridiculous, dog days

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Unleash Hell, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

Almost a month away, so something to try and make some time fly. Who do you see having a breakout year?

Personally, I think we'll finally see why Maurice Lucas was such a heavily recruited DE coming out of high school. He was this big time in-state 4* DE who chose CU and so far has underachieved. I think he breaks out this year in his junior season. Certainly has the body.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2007
  2. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Re: Starting to get rediculous, dog days

Conrad Obi.

No other reason than I think he has a very cool name. :thumbsup:

3. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

i hope it is either cody or nelson.

if either of them have one of those monster "where did he come from" breakout years as the starting qb, it will mean our Buffs have won a lot more games than anyone expected.

there is no more critical position in american team sports than qb. this is a guy who can affect the outcome of the game on every offensive play.

just by way of example, had klatt not lost his redshirt to a one snap appearance, he'd have been eligible to play last season. ask yourself how many more games the Buffs would have won with klatt at qb in 06. no slam against bjax, but i'd bet CU would have made a bowl game with klatt.

i don't care which of these guys gets the nod, just so whomever does can run the entire playbook, make the receivers look good, and rally the team.

Swish likes this.
  4. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Re: Starting to get rediculous, dog days

Obi Won Cansackyou:thumbsup:

5. Buffman

Buffman Member

how much playing time do you think obi will get?

6. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

I think Sipili will he looked really good at times last year and there is a nice slot to step into with Thad gone

7. Swish

Swish Half a bubble off Club Member

YEP, the impact on the team, recruiting and the fan base would be way cool. It would create a big wave of momentum for the future.

I think this is the case probably more than someone breaking out at any other position although a back that rushes for 1,700 yards wouldn't be bad either.

Question is can Charles do it?
    If there is a passing game maybe it could happen.

8. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

He can definitely do 1000+ if he stays healthy and has room to run. He has trouble making room for himself, though. He's got some serious speed and moves in the open, though.