What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Steele - Huskers nowhere to be found!

77buff

Here we go again - and this comming from a guy who seems to know what he is talking about. Good news Huskers nowhere to be found. "Stinkin in Lincoln for 08".

We've got to prove it on the field before people are going to give us a chance and I don't blame anyone for thinking that way. Nothing is a for sure win next season and we just need to take it a game at a time.

Im talking real odds. Last year I put money on the buffs at 11/1. I lost my 15 doll hairs, but I still contend it was a decent bet.
Are there official odds somewhere? I would take the bet you took last year....

Date Opponent* Result Record
Aug. 30, 2008 Western Michigan TBA
Sept. 6, 2008 San Jose St. TBA
Sept. 13, 2008 New Mexico St. TBA
Sept. 27, 2008 Virginia Tech TBA
Oct. 4, 2008 Missouri TBA
Oct. 11, 2008 at Texas Tech TBA
Oct. 18, 2008 at Iowa State TBA
Oct. 25, 2008 Baylor TBA
Nov. 1, 2008 at Oklahoma TBA
Nov. 8, 2008 Kansas TBA
Nov. 15, 2008 at Kansas State TBA
Nov. 28, 2008 Colorado (ABC) 2:30 pm CT

I'm thinking a losing season again if we beat them in "Stinkin Lincoln". VT, MU, and TT sound like ratta tat tat.

Date Opponent* Result Record
Aug. 30, 2008 Western Michigan TBA
Sept. 6, 2008 San Jose St. TBA
Sept. 13, 2008 New Mexico St. TBA
Sept. 27, 2008 Virginia Tech TBA
Oct. 4, 2008 Missouri TBA
Oct. 11, 2008 at Texas Tech TBA
Oct. 18, 2008 at Iowa State TBA
Oct. 25, 2008 Baylor TBA
Nov. 1, 2008 at Oklahoma TBA
Nov. 8, 2008 Kansas TBA
Nov. 15, 2008 at Kansas State TBA
Nov. 28, 2008 Colorado (ABC) 2:30 pm CT

I'm thinking a losing season again if we beat them in "Stinkin Lincoln". VT, MU, and TT sound like ratta tat tat.

I dunno, man. Blasphemous as it may seem, I think the corndogs are a sleeper this year. I think they have talent. The offense put up some #'s at the end of last year, and the defense had quit.

I dunno, man. Blasphemous as it may seem, I think the corndogs are a sleeper this year. I think they have talent. The offense put up some #'s at the end of last year, and the defense had quit.

Yeah, outside of the few blatantly tough games (VT, Mizzou, Texas Tech, Oklahoma) their schedule really isn't all that difficult. I'd be earnestly surprised if they didn't make a bowl game this year... delighted, but surprised. :smile2:

Yeah, outside of the few blatantly tough games (VT, Mizzou, Texas Tech, Oklahoma) their schedule really isn't all that difficult. I'd be earnestly surprised if they didn't make a bowl game this year... delighted, but surprised. :smile2:

Yeah, I'm really hoping they totally blow. It would be great to have the huskers' savior run into a slew of problems.

I just don't think they were nearly as bad as they played last year.

I am afraid that with a improved D (and how could Pelini not make it better than it was) they will be around 6-7 wins and a bowl game. As a CU fan, I would love another year (or 20) of 5 or less wins for the Hucksters, but think they will be a bit better. Not hugely, but enough for a minor bowl game.

Can you imagine the crazyness that Bo will endure if he doesn't get them to a bowl game? ...

Bo had better hope he gets them to a bowl game. Nebraska fans have never been known for patience, and its been a while since they've been up to their fans' standards.

And with the staff he's got, if he doesn't win right away, I don't see how they recruit well.

Bo had better hope he gets them to a bowl game. Nebraska fans have never been known for patience, and its been a while since they've been up to their fans' standards.

And with the staff he's got, if he doesn't win right away, I don't see how they recruit well.
They have to stick with him at least 3 years, and we will see how good he recruits. They didn't give Solich enough time, and I'm sure they would be well satisfied with his winning % today. Cally was a bad pick from the beginning. I think Bo will go back to old school Nebraska football. Running the ball alot more, and he's one of the best when it comes to defense. This is his first head coaching job - it should be interesting.

Their recruiting this year is going to be damn interesting. Bo does not seem to have a reputation as a great recruiter. That, plus his early returns on recruiting, definitely seems to predict a non-Sabanesque 1st year of recruiting if he only wins 6 or 7 games.

They did indeed run Solich off way too soon; people forget this now but there were several times when Saint Osborne was in serious hot water because of the fans' expectations.

Looking at guys like Barney Cotton, who been out of football for a few years, I wonder how much bo is relying on the red "N" on the helmut to just hypnotize recruits into coming there.

Off topic, since they are sticking with the west coast offense, I wonder how guys like Barney Cotton are going to do being position coaches under Shawn Watson. I'm sure Bo will improve the defense (though not anywhere near as much as the corn people think) but I smell a train wreck.

Here is the reality...the Huskers will never be in a position to dominate again. The college football world caught them, and they will struggle to catch up for many years.....

I really don't see any long term success eminating from this group. Barney Cotton? Shawn Watson? You gotta be kidding me. Let's not forget that Bo has never been a head coach before. To cap it off, he wasn't even allowed to choose his own staff. The second the fuskers lose a game, I guarantee you there will be calls for TO to take over the team. And who could blame them? He's right there! Bo is going to be constantly wondering if he's going to get the axe just so that his 150 year old boss can re-live his glory days. This has disaster written all over it. I could be wrong, they might make something out of it. Anybody looking at the situation without prejudice would have to be very skeptical of the way it's shaping up.

I really don't see any long term success eminating from this group. Barney Cotton? Shawn Watson? You gotta be kidding me. Let's not forget that Bo has never been a head coach before. To cap it off, he wasn't even allowed to choose his own staff. The second the fuskers lose a game, I guarantee you there will be calls for TO to take over the team. And who could blame them? He's right there! Bo is going to be constantly wondering if he's going to get the axe just so that his 150 year old boss can re-live his glory days. This has disaster written all over it. I could be wrong, they might make something out of it. Anybody looking at the situation without prejudice would have to be very skeptical of the way it's shaping up.

You could be right on all counts however most feel Watson is in Nebraska only for a short time. He will either be removed or will move on of his own accord after next year of the following. Watsons only shot is if he can establish a dominante power running game. If you look at Pelini's interviews way back he has always preferred an offense that is a grinding clock eating running attach. The west coast experiment is on it's way out of the plains of Nebraska. Cotton on the other had will probably be around for a while. He has a reputation as a decent O line coach but hasn't really done anything as a O coordinator. Most suspect he will be a D1 O line coach for the balance of his career with some admin role on the side.

Back