What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Step back from the ledge

Yay us, we are getting beat by less points this year :woot:

:lol:

Maybe I'm weird, but I've reached a point where I have realized that I won't know how I feel about the 2014 season until I see the 2015 season.

Has being more competitive been an important step along the path?

Or am I just looking at coaches & players who can't get it done?

If CU goes bowling next year, this has been an important building year.

If CU is a losing program next year, than this year was an abject failure.

Of course, being philosophical about it doesn't mean I don't feel like going on a drunken rampage every Saturday.

:lol:

Maybe I'm weird, but I've reached a point where I have realized that I won't know how I feel about the 2014 season until I see the 2015 season.

Has being more competitive been an important step along the path?

Or am I just looking at coaches & players who can't get it done?

If CU goes bowling next year, this has been an important building year.

If CU is a losing program next year, than this year was an abject failure.

Of course, being philosophical about it doesn't mean I don't feel like going on a drunken rampage every Saturday.

hindsight.jpg

It is easy to be mad about the last 7-10 years. We all have reason to be mad about those years, we sucked worse than any other time in our memories.

That said M2 isn't at fault for anything prior to two years ago. He isn't the one who put us in the basement of the outhouse and continued to drop stuff on us. He is intead trying to dig us out.

Getting out of that hole still smells, we will at times slip back, it doesn't just happen.

For the last two years I've seen real improvement in every area except the big one which is wins.

It is fair to hold him accountable to eventually fix that as well but wins come as a result of building, not the other way around.

He is still subject to criticism, he gets paid well enough for it. He has a couple of assistants that aren't performing, we haven't won enough recruiting battles with other P5 schools.

Even with those issues we are getting much better. Even though we are losing we aren't embarrassing like we were.

At this stage for next year getting better means winning some more games. It may still be more time before we are actually contenders for anything. M2 may not be the guy to take us to that level but for now we are getting notably better every year. As long as that is happening I'm not going to blame him for what he hasn't had time to change.

I'm kind of looking at it like 2008. In hindsight, it exposed the problems in the program rather than being a stumble that was setting up for a great season in 2009.

I don't know what 2014 is yet. I'm confident about 2015, but I've been wrong before.

The arguments of the naysayers have literally sucked the fun out of me. I leave this sight pissed off with every visit. I am going to jump now.

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you.

- Michael Irvin

Of course we are better, but I am not totally buying there is going to be a continuous linear progression just because the team gets older. There are some fundamental flaws which experience will not magically fix. It is okay to take a hard look after the season and to make some changes. It will not reflect poorly on Mike MacIntyre.

Agree with Duff here. While it is possible young guys could improve year over year (play book, maturity, S&C) I would rather not pin my hopes solely on that thinking.

Agree with Duff here. While it is possible young guys could improve year over year (play book, maturity, S&C) I would rather not pin my hopes solely on that thinking.
So you want to take guys who have maxed out at 17?

Must build quality depth with every recruiting cycle. Everybody sing along....Must build quality depth with every recruiting cycle.....Must build quality depth.......

ah, **** it.....

I'm kind of looking at it like 2008. In hindsight, it exposed the problems in the program rather than being a stumble that was setting up for a great season in 2009.

I don't know what 2014 is yet. I'm confident about 2015, but I've been wrong before.

Im with you in thinking that we will be much better in the W column next year. Im not going to say we will get to a bowl game. We might get enough wins but we don't travel well to bowls historically so if were on the cusp we will likely get passed over.

If 2015 finishes with anywhere near the same W/L record then we will all start to question why 2014 didn't lead to a change.

No clue, it's a ****ty post that I posted while taking a poop

Guys plateau all the time. Age/experience definitely helps but would you say a guy like Juda Parker has progressively improved since he was a freshman? Slightly, sure but enough to make an actual difference? Probably not. I hope we have more Ken Crawleys than Juda Parkers on this squad or we are in a lot of trouble.

Im with you in thinking that we will be much better in the W column next year. Im not going to say we will get to a bowl game. We might get enough wins but we don't travel well to bowls historically so if were on the cusp we will likely get passed over.

If 2015 finishes with anywhere near the same W/L record then we will all start to question why 2014 didn't lead to a change.
:lol: no we won't. A Pac 12 team will never get passed over for a bowl game if they are eligible.

Back