What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stephen Ludwig - University of Colorado Regent - At Large

dio

Admin
Club Member
Junta Member
Stephen Ludwig

ludwig.png

Phone: 303.668.6084
Email: Steve.Ludwig@cu.edu

Education: Bachelors in Philosophy - University of Colorado Colorado Springs

Job: Regent, Corporate Marketing and Communications Manager.

Term: 2007 - 2013 (Currently up for re-election)

INCUMBENT - Stephen Ludwig - University of Colorado Regent - At Large (D)

Bio: Ludwig began his career in 1985 at the age of 18, working as a radio and television reporter, news anchor and news director. While working, he attended Pikes Peak Community College, Diablo Valley College (California), and finally the University of Colorado at Colorado Spring. He graduated in 1993, receiving a bachelor's degree in philosophy.

He began a career in public relations, working in the President's office at the University of Colorado. He is currently the Corporate Marketing and Communications Manager for CH2M HILL. Previous jobs include: Senior Account Executive and Public Affairs Director for Metzger Associates, Public Relations Director , Regional Public Relations Directors and Sponsorship Manager for TIAA-CREF.

Stephen won election in 2006, and is currently seeking re-election. He currently serves as Chair of the Strategic Planning Committee and as the regent's representative to the Auraria Higher Education Center Board.

Effects on Athletics:

Response to Allbuffs Question and Answer:

Quotes regarding athletics:

Wanted to bump this, he refued our first couple of requests for an interview. His opponent however is attempting to make time to sit down with AllBuffs.

refused our request for an interview? even though his opponent is making time for us?

wow. that doesn't seem like a good PR move from a PR professional. i wonder if he understands the reach of allbuffs... our viewership can be a difference-maker.

Stephen Ludwig has not changed his initial stance of refusing to be interviewed by us as he see the site as too partial to athletics. We've let his office know his opponent is on record but that has not changed their position about talking to us.

Stephen Ludwig has not changed his initial stance of refusing to be interviewed by us as he see the site as too partial to athletics. We've let his office know his opponent is on record but that has not changed their position about talking to us.
Wow. Does he respond to parents that are trying to find ways to pay for their children to attend CU? Or are they too partial to affordable education to bother to respond to? This guy is part of the reason why CU is failing right now.

Wow. Does he respond to parents that are trying to find ways to pay for their children to attend CU? Or are they too partial to affordable education to bother to respond to? This guy is part of the reason why CU is failing right now.

Agreed. Something like this would never happen at a powerhouse school. Inconceivable at a place like Florida, Oklahoma, or Texas.

He didn't get my vote nor my wife or my parents. So, that is 4 votes.... 4 votes who voted for him last time.

Wait... What?!?!

Let me get this straight... He can't find the time to answer a few questions from people who have a vested, passionate interest in the University of Colorado?

And he's running for Regent? I guess that pretty much says it all.

That's within the scope of AllBuffs to change. I will be emailing my friends who still live in Colorado. Have we linked this on Netbuffs?

Yep, my wife voted for Davidson, my mother in law did, my brother in law and sister in law did as well and they went to CSU! Including my vote, Davidson now has 5 votes of which at least 4 he did not have last time (i cannot remember how I voted so it may be 5)

Ludwig's response is just stupid. Not only does he actually state his position by refusing to respond, but he loses the opportunity to explain his position in any sort of way that could show he is a reasonable candidate even if he hates the main advertising arm of his university. Happy to vote for the other guy. Another for davidson.

I voted for Davidson, and my coworkers who don't know or care said that they would vote for him based on my recommendation.

Edit: My father also voted for Davidson based on my recommendation

+2 Davidson at least.

Ludwig is part of the problem at CU. He spearheaded an effort that basically says people should attend community college, take as many courses as possible, and then be guaranteed admission to CU. He wants to devalue a Colorado degree by using competency-based courses to allow students to "master course material" and move on to another course. If you want your CU degree to have the value of an ITT Tech degree, that's a wonderful idea. Then there's the fact that a major part of his platform is introducing a statewide referendum to raise taxes to fund higher education...while allowing undocumented immigrants to also attend CU for a little more money than a resident can! WTF? The guy has done nothing for athletics and does not deserve to be reelected. Vote Davidson.

Ludwig is part of the problem at CU. He spearheaded an effort that basically says people should attend community college, take as many courses as possible, and then be guaranteed admission to CU. He wants to devalue a Colorado degree by using competency-based courses to allow students to "master course material" and move on to another course. If you want your CU degree to have the value of an ITT Tech degree, that's a wonderful idea. Then there's the fact that a major part of his platform is introducing a statewide referendum to raise taxes to fund higher education...while allowing undocumented immigrants to also attend CU for a little more money than a resident can! WTF? The guy has done nothing for athletics and does not deserve to be reelected. Vote Davidson.

Four years on the board and your first post is about how much of a dirtbag Ludwig is. Nice. Ludwig must really piss you off. :lol:

Welcome rep coming your way.

Back