1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stoops Gives no love...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Cornh8er, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Cornh8er

Cornh8er Well-Known Member

he gave us no credit, just talked about how dumb his team is, and how they turned the ball over. Maybe it was because ou played a really good defense today. Your #1 receiver had 0 Catches, T Wheat is 1st team all big 12, along with dizon, hypolite, and nicolas. maybe he got out coached today? drunk rambling, but saw it on gameday final

2. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

I saw a piece of his post-game comments and was thinking the same thing. His comments going off the field right before halftime were similar.

3. The Monk

The Monk Club Member Club Member

To be fair, who cares.

4. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Maybe he wants a mulligan.. :lol:

5. Cornh8er

the whole country already knows how dumb his team is, they have a guy that got denied admission at cu and LSU. What does he expect?

6. Skidmark

Skidmark Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

Reading the soonerfan gameday thread is a hoot. It's a 58 page blow by blow that has the sooners sinking ever deeper into their own personal purgatory. That thread is better titled " Stoops Inferno." Amazing how it dawns on the "hang 50 on 'em" crowd that the emperor has no clothes.

Someone ought to sample that thread to Dark Side of the Moon and play it over the video feed of the game. What a trip.

Don't know what's busier tonight; the Boulder drunk tank or the Norman cardiac ICU.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2007
    FChairbanks likes this.
  7. Cornh8er

I'd guess the boulder drunk tank has 2 to a bed

8. IDBUFF

IDBUFF Active Member

Stops has other fish to fry - if he loses to the Langhurns he is in deep **** with Ou fans esp after the Fiesta Bowl

9. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Are you kidding? Stoops is so NOT in hot water. The okies know that they have a good one on their hands with stoopsie. I do think it's interesting that he's been out-coached in the last two games his team has lost. Just proves that he's not all that and a bag of chips.

10. PhillyBuff

PhillyBuff Club Member Club Member

he aint giving us credit.... we won!!!! i am giddy who the **** cares?:thumbsup:

11. DustyRhodes

DustyRhodes Active Member

stoops is one of the biggest arrogant jerks in college football. He's a heck of a coach, but the guy is just a jerk!

12. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I would say that there are some restless fans in Oklahoma. The University is paying Stoops a LOT of money. They expect results. Losing to Boise State, Texas, losing bowl games, etc. Those are not the expected results.

13. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

I hope Stoops chokes on his own cock.:smile2:

14. LincolnBuff

LincolnBuff Active Member

Actually, on CUBUFFS.COM they post-game quotes and Stoops did give CU credit and said "we got out-coached and out-played" so he did give us some credit but he also said the other things as well about his team.

15. FlatironsBuff

FlatironsBuff Club Member Club Member

Easy to be the better coach when ou have better talent than everyone else. Now, we are seing that there are coaches as good, or better out there (and one at CU I think), and as CU's talent level rises, --- watch out!!!

I do actually see Hawk with several MNC's in the future. Wondered if he could do it here--loved him and his attitude, but was wondering if he would be overmatched with B12 talent and coaching.

Glad to see that while there will be overmatching going on in the future, it looks like CU will be on the good end of that stick!!

16. FlatironsBuff

To be fair, his team did make some big mistakes. But so did CU, and when the No 4 team and the wayyyyyy unranked team both make big mistakes, then the No 4 team should still kill the other team.

And they didn't. And we out played them.:smile:

17. MiamiBuffs

MiamiBuffs Wᴉɐɯᴉ qnɟɟs Club Member

Agreed. We'd have to beat him 4 more years in a row to turn the heat up on him.

18. Hank

Hank Well-Known Member

The arrogance of Bob Stoops is his biggest weakness. If our program can embrace and embody Hawk’s humility and the pursuit of excellence, just as Stoops' program has done with his arrogance and contentment, we are going to see some great things in Boulder.

19. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I wish I could do that.

SuperiorBuff likes this.
  20. MiamiBuffs

Then they are the delusional fringe fans. Miami, FSU, NU, USC (old and new) could never sustain their dominance year over year. ****, look at Notre Dame. The reduction in scholarships, walk ons, partial qualifiers, and increased entry requirements have made the "old days" impossible now. If you expect your team to go undefeated every year in college football you are a crack adict.

21. BuckinFuffs

BuckinFuffs Active Member

no matter what he says, he knows as we know that it was a good win by CU. There were turnovers on both sides of the ball. Some big plays, some big calls, but thats what football is all about 'brotha'... Stoops gave us kudos, but he's also damn frustrated with his teams performance. I don't blame him for his temporary loss of diplomacy.

I do think that Coach Hawkins is a freakin' find for CU. I can't wait to see how we finish this year and the impact it has on our future recruiting. I tip my hat to Bohn for that coup and the Bzdelik coup. He is turning around the future of two big time sports at CU. I think the Buffs BBall team will be significanly better this year too.

Also, I have to take this opp to congratulate Cody. That guy, and obviously the line, the backs and recievers pulled together. they have gotten consistently better week to week. Cody's arm strength is not great, but that kid has heart. i am not a fan of coach's son on the coach's team, but so far these guys are making it work. I have faith that if they get a stud QB to come to Boulder he will get a good look at starting. I saw that kid at Washington yesterday (jason locker I think); holy sh!t. That kid is unbelievable.

I really like the direction of the buffs right now. i have been a big fan for years and this feeling takes me back to the McCartney days. You just gotta believe in these coaches and kids.

Hawk the coach, is pulling every last effort from these kids, and I really think the kids are rallying to this. Kids want to be pushed and rewarded and its critical to them in the long run to understand that they have a lot of potential in this world and can do a lot more than they think. Hard work and persistence is the key to almost everything.

Sorry for the rambling, but I'm pretty excited about these guys.

22. BuckinFuffs

me too

23. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

I don't think there are many OU fans who expect OU to go undefeated EVERY year. But for $3+ million per year, OU fans, and the University of Oklahoma administration, EXPECT to beat Boise State, EXPECT to beat a 2-2 Colorado team, EXPECT to beat Texas, etc.

The general consensus around Oklahoma is that if OU doesn't win next week in Dallas, the season is a dismal failure.

24. BuckinFuffs

just my opinion, but Texas looked like sh!t yesterday... I'm pretty sure the KSU football team had a fair amount to do with that, but Colt threw a bunch of INTs, etc. I think OU kills them next week

25. MiamiBuffs

Without even bending over...:cool:

26. KFrank

KFrank Guest

There's more quotes by some of the players here: Game Quotes: Colorado 27, Oklahoma 24

27. FlatironsBuff

Try sucking on some persimmons or lemons for about a week. That might make your mouth small enough so you can accomplish your goal.

Oh wait--that wasn't the issue?:smile2:

28. SJBuff

SJBuff Club Member Club Member

I don't know what people are bitching about with Stoops. Sounds like standard boiler plate post loss comments. "They played a heck of a game...we made mistakes and we need work work on fixing them..." I've heard all these same things from Mac, GB, Stoops, Hawk, Carroll, etc. before. Nothing new, shocking or insulting. :confused:

29. Kameltosis

Kameltosis Well-Known Member

my take on teh game was that CU played outstanding defense. Your offense was pretty good toward the end and you made few mistakes. The sooners looked like garbage...dropping easy catches and stupid amateur mistakes.

30. soonerspy

soonerspy Guest

kfrank - thanks for posting that. stoops was very complimentary to cu. admitted that we got outplayed and that he got outcoached. more than once he gave credit to cu. i don't know why cu fans care what the opposing coach has to say anyway.