1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stoops or Miles to coach NFL Cowboys?

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by HotRack, Dec 21, 2009.

1. HotRack

HotRack Rez BubbleHead Club Member

OK, OK, I know consider the source, everyone's favorite footballcoachscoop.com, but interesting nonetheless...

Thoughts? I think this could create some crazy havoc if either of those 2 were to leave OU/LSU. While neither Stoops or Miles' name has been talked about down here, the general consensus is that Phillips is gone at the end of the year. :thumbsup:

2. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Miles? Lol

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

no kidding. lol. i would enjoy it though as a Cowboy hayta....Lester the Lobotomy.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  4. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I hate the 'Boys. I'm praying for Miles!

No way it happens though, even though LSU fans dislike Miles too.

5. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I'd love it if Stoops took the job. One less guy to deal with. It took OU four tries after Switzer left before they found Stoops. I can only hope it takes them another 4-5 tries to get the next guy. Please, oh please let this happen.

6. HotRack

:yeahthat: :thumbsup:

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read the "scoop" Sacky. Miles has been discussed before, but never Stoops. It'll be interesting to see if he has to start all the denials again. It'll be hard to deny Jerry's bazillions!

You know Jerry, he likes those college coaches with Oklahoma/Okie Lite football ties (Johnson, Switzer,) hopefully Stoops could add to the legacy!

7. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

Stoops name has come up on OU, UT and ATM boards re: the Cowboys probably the last two Cowboys hires. both Switzer and Jimmy J were Arkansas teammates of Jerry J under Frank Broyles...so, the OU link may not be as strong with Stoops there as the Hog link with the other two.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
  8. HotRack

I knew the JJ's were Arky teammates, didn't know Switzer was too. Oh well, I'll still go the Oklahoma route and hope Jerry plucks another OU coach as Cowboys coach!

Disclaimer: I am NOT a Cowboys fan. I died yesterday when the Donks gave up a game-winning drive to JaMarc-my-fat-ass Russell. I just hoping for the disintegration of the OU football program again. :thumbsup:

9. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

switzer played before they were there...he was an asst coach when jones and johnson were there

EDIT: post #6666

10. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

One less "6" and I would think this site is possessed.....

11. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Miles has at least coached for the Cowboys before.

Stoops isn't going to the NFL.

12. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

I'm an LSU fan, supported Miles up until the Ole Miss game this year.
    The majority of LSU fans won't miss him. There's lots of good young coaches who can take his place. I don't think he's that stupid, he knows what happened to Saban. The LSU job is very demanding, but working with Jerry Jones will be alot worse.
    mike_the_tiger.jpg

13. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

As slade said, Miles was a TE coach under Gailey and Campo I believe in Dallas..

I can see Jerry going the college route again, he's won 3 Super Bowls with 2 college coaches..

At least this way if Les gets the job, he can hire a time consultant (NFL you can have as many assistants as you want) on the sideline to tell him how much time is left in the game, whether you can spike it, etc.. :rofl:

I think Wade is done also unless they win a Super Bowl..

14. rynobuff

rynobuff Club Member Club Member

Sorry to hear that :smile2:. But honestly, he could be the worst coach in the SEC (not necessarily a terrible thing) and many many, many coaches would do just as well as him coaching at LSU.

15. Waldo

Waldo Original Copy Club Member

Da Boyz will never go anywhere until JJ is gonzo'ed. Think about it no coach will ever be given the power to fully run that team as long as JJ is sucking air. The players know it as do all the coaches. Do you really think Humpty Dumpty Phillips wanted to bring Campo in as DB coach? Jerry should just get a clipboard and whistle and move to the sidelines. What a dousche bag we have in JJ :lol:

Grats double 66 you evil bastard :drink2:

16. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

It is? I'd think Bama, Auburn are much tougher.

LSU has kept coaches around a lot longer than most schools would..

Miles is a good coach.. He's kind of a knucklehead but you could do much worse than him..

17. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

So far he has a winning record against Bama and Auburn, but has dropped the last 2 to Bama. I would agree he is a good coach, but the bar is set really high by Tiger fans. IF he beats Penn State, he will have a 10 win season and probably end up in the Top 10. That's plenty good for me, but crazy as it sounds - not for alot of other Tiger fans. They will never forgive him for the Ole Miss game - LSU should have 10 already. I'll also agree with the keeping coaches statement. If he had admitted he blew the Ole Miss game immediately, instead of making stupid excuses, and then 48 hours later saying he lost the game - he wouldn't have the problems he has now. I don't know what his relationship is with Jerry Jones, but I wouldn't want that ogre looking over my shoulder. I have my doubts if he's really smart enough to win the really Big games anymore. That's what Tiger fans expect of him. It's also tough when you play Florida and Bama in the same year. He's an enigma to most people.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2009