1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stop all the assumptions

Discussion in 'Colorado Basketball Message Board' started by JRK1212, Mar 11, 2011.

1. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Why does eveyone just assume we are getting in or if we do wont end up in Dayton. There are multiple bubble teams who are still alive in their conf. tournaments and could overtake us, if there not ahead of us already. We are all just assuming that Lunardi is correct in his predictions. This guy from college rpi.com who predicted the entire field correctly last year doesent think were in.

2. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

LOL. We're in buddy.

3. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I don't think we are in either.

4. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Any you this how? This my point your just giving an educated guess.

5. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

I'm a bit scared but I'll be pissed if Mizzou is in and we are not.

6. CVilleBuff

So what would you suggest, oh mighty JRK. You sit on here trying to tell people what they can and cannot talk about - should the board stay quiet and say nothing until Sunday? I'm on board if that's the general consensus

7. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

JRK... not fun at parties, methinks. :smile2:

8. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

^^^^^THIS^^^^^

We'll see I guess. Short of winning their conference tourneys I don't care what other bubble teams do from here on out. CU earned a bid yesterday, and total BS if we don't get one.

9. TDforTD

TDforTD Banned BANNED Club Member

I agree that it's no lock, bubble teams never are. The way you help your chances is by winning. CU gave themselves the absolute best chance of getting in by beating ISU and then knocking off a tourney team for the third time this season on the road. They then came out and kept the game against the #2 team in the country close.

The committee wants a team that can actually upset a higher seed to get in. CU obviously can play with a majority of teams in the nation despite their lack of size and depth. Burks being a dominant force makes it that much easier of a choice. I am not assuming anything at this point but I like our chances.

10. dply

I don't know why buffmania decided to change his name for basketball. :lol:

11. Tatonka

Tatonka Club Member Club Member

Are you MANstrating JRK?

12. CVilleBuff

CU will drop a little tonight - these other conferences are in their quarterfinals today. However, it's pure fact that only ONE team can win each conference. Most, if not all bubble teams, will end with losses. Most in far worse fashion than a 90-83 loss to KU in KC.

13. CarolinaBuff

CarolinaBuff Weekend Poster Club Member

We're all but in, at least a 95% chance if you ask me to put a number on it. And our chances of avoiding Dayton are still better than 50-50.

14. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Dickie Vitale says we're in. I believe him.

21-13 /10-9 is a very solid record, especially in a conference like the Big 12. While I'd feel a lot better if we'd beaten A&M, Baylor, OU, ISU, Harvard and USF, I can't be disappointed in the season. I think CU gets into the tournament.

15. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

You can talk about what whatever you want. Just dont do so with the assumption that we are a tournament lock, because were not. Every tournament related thread has turned into a disscusion about what seed we will be or where we will play as opposed to whether or not we will even be in the tourney. Allbuffs has also declared that wont end up in Dayton, so I guess we dont have to worry about that either.

16. 66BUFF

66BUFF FTW Club Member

same cycle with UH?

17. buffaloflyer

buffaloflyer Member

espn tonite had Georgia wanting in based on beating the Buffs, thats a good change of conversation, eh?

we're in all the way to the 64

18. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

Not gonna say we are a lock, because crazy things can happen. Just sayin that if we somehow end up on the outside of this thing, real Buff faithful will have a legitimate gripe. These guys have convinced me at least, that they deserve to go dancing.

19. Scotch

USF and ISU are the losses that might hold us back. Just win one of those 2 games, especially ISU last week, and we'd be a lock. Have to stop losses like these if this program is ever going to move forward.

20. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

23-9, 10-9 with 4 wins over highly ranked teams.

Our bad loses mostly very early, our quality wins mostly came late, the team is getting stronger.

Star power in Burks (and some in Higgins) committee isn't supposed to consider that but it seems like they do.

Played well, even in their loses, committee doesn't like blowout loses.

If this team isn't in then a lot of people who know what they are talking about will be very surprised.

I think JRK is actually a Kansas lurker in disguise. . .

21. CVilleBuff

It's not a "lock" that the world will exist tomorrow, but I proceed in assuming it will. I figure the Buffs have at least a 95% chance of being in the field, and I agree with CarolinaBuff that CU's chances of missing Dayton are better than 50/50. As I said, tonight will be the low point for CU in the bubble shuffle. The other conferences move into their semifinals tomorrow, most bubble teams will lose, and CU will move forward

22. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

i agree that his Buffdom is much in question.

23. dply

What I don't get about posters like JRK, Buffmania, and TBD :)lol:) is so what if you're right? No one here is going to kill themselves cause their hopes were too high. You're not bringing us down to reality you're just bringing us down. I like to be optimistic about the team I root for. These games are entertainment. I can't take a glass half empty view on sports or else I'd never watch them.

24. Scotch

Oh young one, you have much to learn. Let me give you some sound wisdom: CU Hoops is getting some national love right now. It doesn't happen very often, but when it does you should do like the rest of us and just enjoy the moment. If they don't get in, there will be a lot of AllBuffs angst and anger, and you're setting yourself up to get neg repped back to the stone age. :smile2:

25. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Ding ding we have a winner. I saw him with a neck brace on today. He broke his neck sucking bill self's d***

26. CVilleBuff

Beakers are pissed to read the board and see that we aren't "devastated" by today's loss. When KU loses the sky is falling, so they can't comprehend this rather non-chalant approach.

27. dply

I don't doubt that JRK is a buff fan. He reminds me of my girlfriend's brother. He is a huge Bronco fan but if you watch the games with him you'd think he hated them. I just don't get being that kind of fan. But I think its in bad form to call out a fellow Buff's fandom.

28. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Does your girlfriends bro wear ku jammies too

29. CVilleBuff

I think it's in bad form for JRK to tell CU fans we can't enjoy this ride. STOP ALL ASSUMPTiONS - no one can just assume anyone here is a KU fan in disguise.

30. TDforTD

TDforTD Banned BANNED Club Member

But if this reverse jinx attempt works we will all be very pleased :D