What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Strength & Conditioning Coach

Just say no to Doc Kreis. Quite possibly the biggest jerk I've ever personally met. And I've met a lot of jerks.

Just because Mad Dog is a big man doesn't mean he isn't stronger than an ox. Most competitive powerlifters have bad physiques and can deadlift 700+ lbs. They aren't body builders.

It just looks like Mad Dog has forgotten more about the conditioning side of things when it comes to his own personal workouts. After a while that becomes the hardest part. Lifting is a lot easier to do than conditioning.

Just because Mad Dog is a big man doesn't mean he isn't stronger than an ox. Most competitive powerlifters have bad physiques and can deadlift 700+ lbs. They aren't body builders.

It just looks like Mad Dog has forgotten more about the conditioning side of things when it comes to his own personal workouts. After a while that becomes the hardest part. Lifting is a lot easier to do than conditioning.
Exactly. His arms look like the size of both my quads put together....conditioning sucks ass. I always say I'm going to run on my off days from the gym, then I always end up playing 360.

Just say no to Doc Kreis. Quite possibly the biggest jerk I've ever personally met. And I've met a lot of jerks.

maybe...but a few athletes I knew respected the hell out of him. I too don't think Kreiss should be hired, but I just want Pitt gone...that's all. Pitt should be sued by the players that have injured their knees while he was coach...I hate Pitt...

You guys sound stupid for writing off Mad Dog because of how he looks. The guy got results when he was here and he damn sure did something right at UT. If Screech Powers got results like that I would want him here too. Obviously the guys we have been using isn't working and if Mad Dog wants back in here, they better roll over backwards for him.

For what it's worth, there seems to be a lot of hate for Mad Dog over on Shaggy. Everybody seems to want him gone.

One small sample:

Mad Dog is not well respected by a majority of the team. Some of our guys worked harder in High School, which is damning considering most Texas high schools don’t even have functional S&C programs. Guys would just time their workout to coincide with when Madden wasn’t there. Then they’d get someone to sign off on the workout without any real oversight. There weren’t enough upperclassmen that gave a **** to police this, so unless you were motivated to get stronger individually you skated by. Guys would even brag about it.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/78590-Problems-in-Program

Do. Not. Like.

[video=youtube;ME4w3g_wUQk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ME4w3g_wUQk[/video]

Wow. That was baaaaaaddddd!!!!! Backbreakers! The thing that is worse than anything is that if you had a time machine and went back to say 1994 or 1995. . . . . we probably had 30 guys on those teams that could powerclean over 300 with proper technique and we probably had 20 that could do 350+. Hell tires and 4-5 of us could do around 400. I can't believe they put that video on the web.

Wow. That was baaaaaaddddd!!!!! Backbreakers! The thing that is worse than anything is that if you had a time machine and went back to say 1994 or 1995. . . . . we probably had 30 guys on those teams that could powerclean over 300 with proper technique and we probably had 20 that could do 350+. Hell tires and 4-5 of us could do around 400. I can't believe they put that video on the web.

And you'll need every bit of it when you're kicking Snowbuff's ass. Well, you won't need it, but you're encouraged to use it.

For what it's worth, there seems to be a lot of hate for Mad Dog over on Shaggy. Everybody seems to want him gone.

One small sample:

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/78590-Problems-in-Program

There may be some dislike amongst the Uterus players, but I kinda question this poster's comments -- specifically about the texass high schools. FB is so big in that state that I be virtually every hs has a workout area, and it wouldn't surprise me if numerous of the school's workout areas rival some colleges. jmho

There may be some dislike amongst the Uterus players, but I kinda question this poster's comments -- specifically about the texass high schools. FB is so big in that state that I be virtually every hs has a workout area, and it wouldn't surprise me if numerous of the school's workout areas rival some colleges. jmho

http://www.ltcavalierfootball.com/id6.html

Red Dirt you are correct. I went to Lake Travis High school and now they have their own permanent indoor practice facility. Pictures of their weight room on the internet make it look like rivals Dal Ward's. -- A lot has changed since I graduated in 1998 --when the football team was **** and the only sports they were good at was golf and tennis - 1 winning football season in 21 years but now I guess everything has changed since they have pop warner football out there, tremendous population growth and a bunch of rich folk moving in every year from the silicon valley that don't mind passing million dollar bonds every few years to build more ridiculous facilities. Once I got out of the army and moved back from Germany I was sad to see that the house I grew up in was basically demolished and a "McMansion" built on top of it. --

Texas football is basically a semi religion down here so reports of the weight rooms and work outs don't seem so far fetched to me. Lake Travis is just one example here in central Texas. I can't remember which city but there was a news report that they are building a 60 million dollar football stadium for some HS which was either in the Dallas or Houston area.

Last edited:

This was a small sample of a post that was ripped from another site from a well-respected (allegedly) poster.

But Mad Dog seems to be universally disliked by the fans on Shaggy.

:lol: I am a large threat to them. Be wary. And wasn't I just being snarky anyways?

We are good, bro. Just keep lovin' the Buffs! I think your concerns about the "family" hires will be put to rest by the great product that will be put on the field. That said, you are entitled to your opionions. Now go **** yourself. : )

We are good, bro. Just keep lovin' the Buffs! I think your concerns about the "family" hires will be put to rest by the great product that will be put on the field. That said, you are entitled to your opionions. Now go **** yourself. : )

Well, it's not like I had a problem with them as ppl. I had a problem with our coaching staff being myopic about possible candidates. Im sure your friends and family are great coaches. Ever heard of to much of a good thing? There is a difference.

My biggest problem with Pittman was that he was a big part of the Hawk snowjob. It was like they identified the problem as players not being strong enough as identified by their lift numbers. I watched for the past 5 years and did not see CU physically overpowering other teams on a consistent basis - if anything CU seemed slow at times without explosion. I just saw another example of over promise and under deliver.

Strength and conditioning is a lot more than just putting up big numbers on lifts, it is also agility, explosiveness and flexibility. Guys like Mad Dog and Doc Kreis were also good at instilling mental toughness in the athletes. It is time for a change...I am more concern of too many of the old staff staying. I think that culture has to be cleaned out. The S&C coach has the most contact with players during the off season and I would like to see someone a little more intense.

My biggest problem with Pittman was that he was a big part of the Hawk snowjob. It was like they identified the problem as players not being strong enough as identified by their lift numbers. I watched for the past 5 years and did not see CU physically overpowering other teams on a consistent basis - if anything CU seemed slow at times without explosion. I just saw another example of over promise and under deliver.

Strength and conditioning is a lot more than just putting up big numbers on lifts, it is also agility, explosiveness and flexibility. Guys like Mad Dog and Doc Kreis were also good at instilling mental toughness in the athletes. It is time for a change...I am more concern of too many of the old staff staying. I think that culture has to be cleaned out. The S&C coach has the most contact with players during the off season and I would like to see someone a little more intense.

I remember Mad Dog always being all over Alfred William's ass. He was always telling Alfred he needed more intensity in the weight room. He needed to push harder, dig deeper, etc. Mad Dog was after Alfred like he was a lazy freshman and this was during his senior season when he was a pre-season all american and Butkus finalist. He was constantly challenging people to take it to the next level both physically and mentally. To push beyond your self imposed boundaries. That creates mental toughness.

And when he wasn't on the football guys he was challenging the B-Ball guys or the track guys, even the cheerlearders. He didn't let anyone skate in his weight room. When you were there you'd better be working hard and getting stronger or he'd let you know about it.

I remember Mad Dog always being all over Alfred William's ass. He was always telling Alfred he needed more intensity in the weight room. He needed to push harder, dig deeper, etc. Mad Dog was after Alfred like he was a lazy freshman and this was during his senior season when he was a pre-season all american and Butkus finalist. He was constantly challenging people to take it to the next level both physically and mentally. To push beyond your self imposed boundaries. That creates mental toughness.

And when he wasn't on the football guys he was challenging the B-Ball guys or the track guys, even the cheerlearders. He didn't let anyone skate in his weight room. When you were there you'd better be working hard and getting stronger or he'd let you know about it.
How can I get in this weight room? lol

Is it really true that there are only 3 strength and conditioning coaches in America? Amazing that we already have one of them. :rolling_eyes:

I think we should hire Mark Manigino as S&T coach.

Open_practice_maningo_t450.jpg

Back