What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Student section has raised its game - they need a nickname

Yeah I've never understood people that wear different teams logos when that team isn't playing. Even worse are the people who wear Bronco's stuff to the Buff games. CSU fans are the most guilty of this and I believe that is why they are slowly changing their colors to Orange.
I wear CU clothes to pretty much every sporting event I go to, Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, everything.

I wear CU clothes to pretty much every sporting event I go to, Broncos, Nuggets, Rockies, everything.

Well that, obviously, is different. :lol: I wear my CU hat to all sporting events too except the rockies. I'm a hypocrite.

Yeah I've never understood people that wear different teams logos when that team isn't playing. Even worse are the people who wear Bronco's stuff to the Buff games. CSU fans are the most guilty of this and I believe that is why they are slowly changing their colors to Orange.

I completly agree. I understand CU at a Bronco's game, or Rockies game, or vice versa.

But I dont wear CU stuff to a CSU - BYU game. Well I wouldnt go to a CSU game when they arent playing CU, so trick question.

So very near where this video was filmed from there was a guy in a Green CSU sweatshirt (they sit right across the court from us). My wife and her parents couldnt understand what they were doing, and were pissed off at it basically the whole game.

Some basic Rules:

Hats are ok anywhere because people wear them in everyday life. Jerseys are absolutley not allowed at a game where the team isint playing. T-shirts arent as bad as jerseys but should still be avoided if the team is not playing. Mixing different sports or college/pro (a yankee shirt to an avs game, nuggets shirt to a cu game) is not ideal but is not that bad either. The worst thing to do,and you see it all the time, is a guy who decks himself out in the gear of a team whos not playing but plays the same sport as the teams who are (wearing a whole bunch of jets clothes to a broncos-chiefs game).

Some basic Rules:

Hats are ok anywhere because people wear them in everyday life. Jerseys are absolutley not allowed at a game where the team isint playing. T-shirts arent as bad as jerseys but should still be avoided if the team is not playing. Mixing different sports or college/pro (a yankee shirt to an avs game, nuggets shirt to a cu game) is not ideal but is not that bad either. The worst thing to do,and you see it all the time, is a guy who decks himself out in the gear of a team whos not playing but plays the same sport as the teams who are (wearing a whole bunch of jets clothes to a broncos-chiefs game).

Well put. I remember seeing a kid (~14 years old) decked out in Ohio State stuff head to toe at the CU-Cal game last year. I hope he feels as dumb as he looked

Some basic Rules:

I've been decked out in CU gear at a couple Texas games, generally because Colorado is playing the same day. Am I supposed to change clothes between the Texas game and the CU watch party... I don't think so.

My philsophy is that if I'm going to a game where I don't have a rooting interest in either of the teams participating, I will try to wear something representing whatever team I support in that same sport (and that includes jerseys if I'm feeling like it)...I definitely don't mix sports...i know some people hate it (JRK1212, I feel like we should never go to a game together because you would probably kill me inside of a minute :lol: since my views on this are directly contrary to yours), but I have no problems with it at all... Also, if I'm going to a game where a rival of one of the teams I root for is playing, I will absolutely without a doubt wear my team's gear to that game...

Social behavior rules such as what to wear, talking in the john (foot tapping is definitely out of line) and PC are a bunch of ****. Be an individual and support your beliefs, **** society's expectations.

I got a response from my email to Bohn.

Outstanding feedback, thank you for the ideas and suggestions. I will share your note with our marketing team. MB

We will have to wait and see what comes of it I suppose.

I got a response from my email to Bohn.

Outstanding feedback, thank you for the ideas and suggestions. I will share your note with our marketing team. MB

We will have to wait and see what comes of it I suppose.

can you share your email to Bohan?

can you share your email to Bohan?

This season in basketball has been a blast. The student crowds have grown and shown more enthusiasm it seems with every game. Me and some friends of mine were discussing what could help turn CU into a basketball school. We came up with some ideas from looking at other big college programs and decided we should pass them on to you.

The first thing we thought of was that our student section as a whole should have an identity. I do realize that the C- Unit fills this already but I feel that this name does not get the notoriety that it needs. Some I had a couple ideas. First I was wondering if it was possible to hold a campus wide vote to determine the name of the basketball student section. Similar in practice as the naming of our university team. In order to do this maybe ask for suggestions from the students and narrow it down to three or four for what would be not only appropriate but easily marketable and something the student could rally around. Some examples we came up with were The Buff Brigade, The Stampede, or keeping The C-Unit.

After the name is decided I think the students need a uniform look. The big basketball programs have a uniform student body with all of them wearing the same shirt to the game. This helps the students rally as a team to help the team on the court rally. This I understand would be expensive to provide a shirt to every student who attends the university. I offer a solution to this. The shirts would have the student section name in gold on the front of a black shirt. On the back would be that season’s home schedule. At the bottom of the shirt on the back there could be a couple spacing for advertising to help pay for the shirts. The most effective way I believe to distribute them to the student section would be to give them out to the first 1500 students through the door at the conference opener. Other students would be able to purchase them at the shop on the concourse inside the Coors Event Center.

I also think that there needs to be more coordination with student cheers and chants. Whether or not the CU Cheer Leaders would do this or the student section selected students to lead the cheers before home games would have to be decided.

I only offer these suggestions to hopefully improve the CU basketball culture and turn Coors Event Center into a feared building for all visitors. As last night’s win against Kansas State proved, the atmosphere can be electric and emotional if the crowd is truly into it. If I can answer any questions for you about my ideas or if you can help lead me to a way to get these types of ideas implemented please do not hesitate to respond.

Thanks. We shall see where it goes. Got an email from the bookstore and it looks like they are really pushing the C-Unit which in itself isn't bad they could just do more if that the direction the school wants to go.

"C-Unit" is boring, but it's also pretty easy to remember and has the "CU" in it. The boring thing will be overcome as soon as it starts to mean something. It's actually a fairly strong mark.

You guys need to develop a rep. And the way to do that is with traditions (like the Keg Stand, but you need more), showing up in big numbers for games, being loud to the point of distraction, and being creative enough in what you do to attract the attention of opposing coaches/players and the media.

"C-Unit" is boring, but it's also pretty easy to remember and has the "CU" in it. The boring thing will be overcome as soon as it starts to mean something. It's actually a fairly strong mark.

You guys need to develop a rep. And the way to do that is with traditions (like the Keg Stand, but you need more), showing up in big numbers for games, being loud to the point of distraction, and being creative enough in what you do to attract the attention of opposing coaches/players and the media.

It also has "NIT" in it. No bueno.

I think the fact that the students have stepped up their game recently in cheering things other than F U (insert school name) means they are getting there. We sold out KSU which means 3 sell outs so far. That hasn't happened for CU hoops in a long time. It gets loud in there. It gets hot. I know that altitude plays mind games too. I think the basketball program is on its way up. I think the student section is on its way up. We sell out Texas and we sell out Nebraska I think that we are on the right path. Maybe even start a standard for football. I would love nothing more than to be on the field for pregame and see a packed student section.

All my old CU basketball shirts say "fueled by powerbar" on the back. I usually hate adds on my shirts, but if it's free.... And anyway, since it's the Coors event center it would be appropriate (and true) if they said "fueled by beer" on the back.

All my old CU basketball shirts say "fueled by powerbar" on the back. I usually hate adds on my shirts, but if it's free.... And anyway, since it's the Coors event center it would be appropriate (and true) if they said "fueled by beer" on the back.

I had 10 of those, of course they were intramural champion tshirts. No big deal.

i've got a couple freebie Powerbar/CU shirts i got at hoop games. before the slant "CU" and now BRAND logo, too. old school block CU.

Back