1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stuff that never bothered you when we were winning...

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by JWP303, Oct 19, 2012.

1. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

I fully admit that I have become irrational in my evaluation of the Buffs... I've gotten so tired of losing, that now virtually every single thing the team does seems to annoy me, whereas I probably wouldn't give most of these things a second thought if we were winning.

For example, the Buffs just posted a picture of the team getting In n Out Burger upon arriving in California. It just feels like a very 41-point underdog thing to do to roll into town and get burgers and fries the night before a game.

[​IMG]

Same goes for the DC headline earlier this week about us looking fwd to facing USC's offense. Seems like only a bush league team would be clueless enough to tempt fate like that.

Granted, I am probably just reading way too much into complete non-issues... But I figured I can't be the only one.

Any other examples of mundane stuff this team does to annoy you?

2. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Nothing that ranks ahead of the losing.

3. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

Agreed - I just catch myself finding fault with absolutely every move the Buffs make these days... I realize it's mostly me being irrational - but sometimes it feels like not only can we not succeed on the field, but every move we make off the field is wrong as well.

4. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Well, now that you mention it, I'm pretty jelly that they have some In-N-Out and I don't.

5. InTheBuff

InTheBuff Club Member Club Member

I really hate what CU plays on the new video boards at the start of the 4th Qtr-

It's something along the lines of "it's the 4th qtr, lets get loud ..this quarter is ours... rah, rah, rah"

Last two games that video had no business being played as CU was behind 20+ points both times and fans were heading to the exits.

6. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

Posters who get mad when the team sends out a pick of themselves eating dinner.

7. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

I get what you are saying. Few years ago I had the same kind of passion about it. Now its just oh well we suck so why get so upset about the little things. Wait am I Hawk now?

8. CVilleBuff

CVilleBuff Club Member Club Member

Hawk and the boyz did the exact same In-N-Out thing before Cal 2010. That turned out well

9. JWP303

JWP303 Active Member

I can't wait for the pie eating contest later.

10. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

:nod:

Anything within the law (or a little bit outside of it) and it doesn't bother me if we're winning.

With the record we've had the past 6+ years, I get annoyed with everything.

11. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

This is a red-letter game, assholes. Would you rather they eat McDonald's?

12. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

What bothers me? Having to learn about Phil DiStephano, Bruce Benson and a bunch of regents and regent candidates. Off field university politics is a sideshow when we are winning. When we lose, its a nosebleed to vent frustration within the administrative ranks.

13. BuffClass90

BuffClass90 Banned BANNED

No opinion...Don't remember winning...

14. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Yep. It's like the high school wrestling cheerleaders chanting "roll him over, roll him over, pin him, pin him" when their guy is being controlled.