What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Stupid students get the f off the field

For us 35 year olds around here, would we have rushed the field? No, of course not.

But I have to say, after all the crap this team has been through this year to get the first Pac-12 win on Senior Day, I was rooting for the students to rush the field. Hell, kinda wish I had re-adjusted travel plans and come to Boulder this week to see a season opening basketball win and today's win too rather than what I came to last week (game only). I damn sure guarantee I would have been out on the field today too had I been there today.

:gobuffs:

It's senior day, students should ALWAYS be on the field after a win on senior day regardless of opponent. Celebrate these seniors!

I agree. But you don't rush the field. You wait for the seniors to wave you down.

I booed when they started running on.

i'm almost always against it (esp in basketball), but didn't bother me too much today. at least the kids/students who showed up will have something to hold over the heads of those who didn't.

I would have prefered if they didn't rush, and there were quite a few boos when they did - but I am ok with it and it was fun to see everyone celebrating on the field.

I wouldn't mind if we made it a normal tradition to have all the students come on the field anytime we win. There would be some ridicule, but it would also be unique.

I'm OK with it. After this season, they needed to enjoy the win like everyone else. If we would have had a winning (bowl) season then I may feel have felt differently.

I missed the rushing the field, I just thought alot of folks came down for senior day and a win. face palm me if u will, the star trek one will do.

Drives me crazy. So we rush the field for all wins now. Can't wait for the sight next year when we beat that Div. II team and the students pour out onto the field.

Generally not in favor of rushing the field in games like this, but echo the sentiments of other posters that after the stretch that we just came out of and the feeling that the program had literally hit rock bottom, this win feels much sweeter that it otherwise would. So I'm not saying I would have been out there with the kids, but I understand.

Generally not in favor of rushing the field in games like this, but echo the sentiments of other posters that after the stretch that we just came out of and the feeling that the program had literally hit rock bottom, this win feels much sweeter that it otherwise would. So I'm not saying I would have been out there with the kids, but I understand.

I agree.

The current students are not used to winning. Let them have their fun.

And quite frankly, the team wanted this win. Why not celebrate it with them?

It is all about changing the culture with this program. The last 8 or so wins in Boulder kids have rushed the field. You can't make a huge issue of winning or make it seem big, you need to act like you've been there before.

students rushing the field is just another sign to me how far the program has fallen. Many of our students have no idea what a good football program we are, so when we win a game against a ****** team, **** YEAH, CELEBRATE!?! ...:rolling_eyes:

This is the equivalent of watching an NFL running back that may not be HOF, but still really good. Let's take McGahee - he scores a touchdown when the game is already lost, and he goes nuts. He starts dancing, pulls a pen out, signs the ball and tosses it into the stands. He does all of the TO **** after this touchdown... ...it would just seem ridiculous, and beneath him. Although I hate how Goodell punishes excessive celebrating, players do need to act like they've been there before to a certain extent - especially if they really have.

WE ARE THE UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO! Be proud of that. Beating Oklahoma in Hawk's second season shouldn't of even counted as a storm the field game. The last game I can think of rushing the field would have been 62-36. Nebraska had beaten us so heart-achingly for a handful of years straight, it got us into the Big 12 Championship, and was a signal of GB's Return To Dominance mantra. beating ISU, beating Baylor, beating OU, WVU, Georgia, this game...no. It's embarrassing.

Someone needs to wrap the railings with razor wire this offseason. Those dipshits couldn't care less about celebrating with the team. They just want to be on the field. Try out for the team if you want to be on the field. Being out there is something you should have to earn. Just because you've had enough liquid courage to make yourself feel like a badass doesn't make you worthy of stepping on that field.

It's not a "tradition" doing it like this unless you were the fan base that did it for the first time. Its more like, "rushing the field...you're doing it wrong". Just my outside opinion. Flame away if necessary.

It is all about changing the culture with this program. The last 8 or so wins in Boulder kids have rushed the field. You can't make a huge issue of winning or make it seem big, you need to act like you've been there before.

not too high not too low huh max?

students rushing the field is just another sign to me how far the program has fallen. Many of our students have no idea what a good football program we are, so when we win a game against a ****** team, **** YEAH, CELEBRATE!?! ...:rolling_eyes:

This is the equivalent of watching an NFL running back that may not be HOF, but still really good. Let's take McGahee - he scores a touchdown when the game is already lost, and he goes nuts. He starts dancing, pulls a pen out, signs the ball and tosses it into the stands. He does all of the TO **** after this touchdown... ...it would just seem ridiculous, and beneath him. Although I hate how Goodell punishes excessive celebrating, players do need to act like they've been there before to a certain extent - especially if they really have.

WE ARE THE UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO! Be proud of that. Beating Oklahoma in Hawk's second season shouldn't have even counted as a storm the field game. The last game I can think of rushing the field would have been 62-36. Nebraska had beaten us so heart-achingly for a handful of years straight, it got us into the Big 12 Championship, and was a signal of GB's Return To Dominance mantra. beating ISU, beating Baylor, beating OU, WVU, Georgia, this game...no. It's embarrassing.

fify nancy pants. These students don't know what it's like to have a good team and freshmen don't know what it's like to win. Let them have it. Oh, and the program has fallen. It will be built up again with enthusiasm and passion.

fify nancy pants. These students don't know what it's like to have a good team and freshmen don't know what it's like to win. Let them have it. Oh, and the program has fallen. It will be built up again with enthusiasm and passion.

No not really...it will be built up back with recruiting and coaching. Not the ****ing amateur student fans storming the field after beating a horrible team. I love CU and most of my fellow fans, but let's face it - we have a rather fickle fanbase. This isn't enthusiasm and passion - it's just drunk college kids not knowing the tradition of the program they're cheering for. These students may not know what it's like to have a good team, but SO WHAT!??! You should know the caliber of program you're following and not get so hyped up for beating a 2-8 team.

...I hate to sound egocentric, stubborn and arrogant - BUT WE ARE TOO GOOD OF A FOOTBALL PROGRAM TO BE RUSHING THE ****ING FIELD AFTER BEATING A ****** TEAM!!! Come on! Students - get a ****ing hold of yourselves. I'm glad the seniors left on a good note at Folsom, but storming the field is so dumb... ...AZ is NOT a good team. This reminds me of Baylor all over again...another dumb "rush the field" game.

No not really...it will be built up back with recruiting and coaching. Not the ****ing amateur student fans storming the field after beating a horrible team. I love CU and most of my fellow fans, but let's face it - we have a rather fickle fanbase. This isn't enthusiasm and passion - it's just drunk college kids not knowing the tradition of the program they're cheering for. These students may not know what it's like to have a good team, but SO WHAT!??! You should know the caliber of program you're following and not get so hyped up for beating a 2-8 team.

...I hate to sound egocentric, stubborn and arrogant - BUT WE ARE TOO GOOD OF A FOOTBALL PROGRAM TO BE RUSHING THE ****ING FIELD AFTER BEATING A ****** TEAM!!! Come on! Students - get a ****ing hold of yourselves. I'm glad the seniors left on a good note at Folsom, but storming the field is so dumb... ...AZ is NOT a good team. This reminds me of Baylor all over again...another dumb "rush the field" game.

I'm gonna say the same thing I said to the OP...
Shut.The.****.Up

Pledge Allegiance to the Swag

I hope the students to rush the field after every win just to piss off you grumpy d-bags off that don't want the kids to have fun. Then I'm going to sit at home laughing knowing you are embarrassed to be a CU fan because we have "no class". Some of you sound like Nebraska fans with your "Tradition" and "Class" talk. I can picture you pounding your chest. "WE ARE COLORADO WE DON'T RUSH THE FIELD!!! WE ARE TOO GOOD FOR THIS" Hey idots, we have sucked for ten years now. Who wouldn't cheer on students having fun with their football team? Or the highschool kids that rush on to stand next to their college idols? Some of you need to get the sand out of your vaginas.

The thing for me is that rushing the field should be after wins where there is no way to contain your excitement so you just have to ****in run around and scream and ****. Aside from 62-36 I think that the game definitely needs to be close for that type of bliss to be achieved. This game was not close not a big opponent or anything it was a game that I fully expected us to win and when we did I was happy but not run on the field jumping around screaming and hugging people I don't even know happy.

All that being said I'm just glad we have a thread about whether or not we should rush the field, because that means we won, so if we could have this thread every god damn week I would love it.

Im a student and Im embarrassed. I don't care what the situation is unless its a top 25 team, a division clinching game, or a perennial powerhouse that you are beating you should not be on the field.

I was looking forward to the players coming over to the stands and singing the fight song and some idiots ****ed that up

Wait, didn't you post videos of yourself "cone-ing"?

I'm just trying to understand, but maybe there's a generation gap here that we can't span.

I booed and I'm glad so many others did too. It's a complete embarrassment. I like BS76s razor wire idea.

Hey moett... told ya Folsom is the kind of place where fans who like will rush the field will have plenty of opportunities to do so.

It helps that we have a nice slopping ramp for them to get on the field :lol:

not too high not too low huh max?

Well kind of. It's all about changing culture. I think there has been a vast improvement this year with the football team. But evidently there has been no change yet with the student base. Its more about bringing back a winning culture. Not acting like you won the Super Bowl when you beat a 3 loss Georgia team. You will hear this staff all the time talking about winning the "battles", "celebrating" then "moving on". And if you watched any of Embo's post game speech he didn't just say great job you won. He immediately talked about next week. In practice with EB, RB's are expected to run all the way to the end zone no matter where the play is to "celebrate", then must run back. You will constantly hear EB yell "go celebrate, celebrate".

With the student base, they def. need some CU culture classes when these kids go through admissions. And to all those students on here, if your going to attend your own schools game, PLEASE wear your school cloths. If you can't afford a BUFF shirt or hat let me know. I'll be more than happy to purchase you one, because frankly you look like a douche running on the field with a red sweatshirt or a Red Sox hat.

With the student base, they def. need some CU culture classes when these kids go through admissions. And to all those students on here, if your going to attend your own schools game, PLEASE wear your school cloths. If you can't afford a BUFF shirt or hat let me know. I'll be more than happy to purchase you one, because frankly you look like a douche running on the field with a red sweatshirt or a Red Sox hat.

Precisely this. Don't talk to me about wanting to celebrate with your team if you can't be bothered to wear your school colors at the game. Go celebrate at a Yankees or Red Sox game if that is who you decide to represent at a Buffs game. Let's see how quickly you get tazed when you try to rush the field at one of those games.

Would we rather be happy with a UA win and no opportunity to celebrate? The morons that complain about student enthusiasm are not worthy of being Buff fans, go root for CSU.

Back