What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sugar Bowl

The Associated Press pollsters may not vote the BCS winner number one. I certainly don't view the BCS title game as the end all be all of deciding who is champ. Certainly Florida and Oklahoma are among the cream of the crop but both SC and Utah have shown they probably could play with those two.

the ap can do what they want; my point is the coaches recognize the winner of the bcs game as their national champion - and that is who walks home with that trophy.

the ap is free to choose their champion. we are GOING to have a split national champion. that champion will be utah, and the winner of thursday's matchup. usc will not take any part of either title.

that does not mean they cannot ball. that means they did not go undefeated, nor were they selected to play in the bcs championship game.

Ladyblaise if Utah splits the MNC I will be shocked. the system will find a way to cut them out of the picture. They will slap Utah on the back and give them 3rd place and say "well done boys"..

how would you explain usc "stealing" the ap over undefeated utah? you do realized the crystal trophy is locked into thursday night's game, don't you?

Crystal trophies are for paper champions and corporate wannabes. The people know who the real champion is.

Utah is about as much a National Champion as the stadium where the Broncos play is The New Mile High.

OU/UF is only the champion if enough people buy into it, just like those that call the new place, Invesco.

It all comes down to how the media spins it.

the ap can do what they want; my point is the coaches recognize the winner of the bcs game as their national champion - and that is who walks home with that trophy.

the ap is free to choose their champion. we are GOING to have a split national champion. that champion will be utah, and the winner of thursday's matchup. usc will not take any part of either title.

that does not mean they cannot ball. that means they did not go undefeated, nor were they selected to play in the bcs championship game.

Then CU didn't win a National Championship in 1990 because we didn't win the Coaches Poll. We won the AP Poll.

Did you know that some coaches let their assistants and secretaries do the voting?

JPW just got sacked again.

LOL.

It's tough to lose on national TV in a big bowl game to a team from an inferior conference. At least they didn't use the Statue of Liberty on you.

Tough. :smile2:

Of course threre are now questions as to wether the Mountain West is really inferior to a conference like the Big East.

LOL.

It's tough to lose on national TV in a big bowl game to a team from an inferior conference. At least they didn't use the Statue of Liberty on you.

Tough. :smile2:

Of course threre are now questions as to wether the Mountain West is really inferior to a conference like the Big East.

Based on head-to-head competiton, an argument could be made that the Mountain West is superior to the Pac 10. At least this season.

OU/UF is only the champion if enough people buy into it, just like those that call the new place, Invesco.

paper money, religion, the stock market, governments and credit only work if people buy into it too.

if Utah played Texas tomorrow in Tempe, you'd bet no question on Utah straight up?

The AP has to give it to Utah. I'm confident they will.

I hope that's the case, but I'm none too confident that it's actually going to happen. If the UF/Okie game is a low scoring and/or sloppy game, then Utah takes the AP for sure, but if UF flat out dominates Oklahoma or vice versa then I think the press will end up siding with the BCS.

if Utah played Texas tomorrow in Tempe, you'd bet no question on Utah straight up?

Hell no, but the thing is... They don't play against Texas in Tempe.

But they did play and beat Alabama in a BullC**** bowl and finish the season undefeated when no one else did.

Can't argue with undefeated!

NO way the sec is better than B12. Bama got owned. sec is all media hype.
Utah should get a chance to play the winner of OU vs Florida. The one extra playoff game would satisfy alot of critics. A playoff system will never exist as long as money controls. Just curious, but what is your take on the Ole Miss game as all media hype? Bama got their butts kicked, but Saban has always had an up and down history.

Utah should get a chance to play the winner of OU vs Florida. The one extra playoff game would satisfy alot of critics. A playoff system will never exist as long as money controls. Just curious, but what is your take on the Ole Miss game as all media hype? Bama got their butts kicked, but Saban has always had an up and down history.

the "plus one" scenario is nonsensical.....why not just call it a 4 team playoff? you can't staple a game onto the season to make AP voters happy.

48 hours ago USC was the greatest team on earth, now it's Utah.

to quote Canadian rock juggernaut Loverboy: "who will it be tomorrow?"

obviously my take is ole miss won.:smile2:

my tiny rant is more directed in a general manner.

with the population base of our nation being driven by the coasts I feel they (sec and pac10 for that matter) have a willing accomplice in the media. we (b12) for the most part live in fly-over country and I really dont think the year in, year out difference between the 2 conferences is as great as we (as a nation) are lead to believe (maybe its the mid-major hoops lover in me that bleeds into my FB mind). either way, we will find out this year very soon if I am right or not because I see OU (or UT) beating FL this year. Bama got beat by a mid-major when you watch espn or read the majority of the press. Georgia did not meet their hype this year. S Carolina was a pretender as was LSU. Ole Miss was probably underrated. we will see soon enough. thats it, just an opinion.

gotta love those Mormons.... always being so nice, to everyone....

Mormons.jpg

the "plus one" scenario is nonsensical.....why not just call it a 4 team playoff? you can't staple a game onto the season to make AP voters happy.

48 hours ago USC was the greatest team on earth, now it's Utah.

to quote Canadian rock juggernaut Loverboy: "who will it be tomorrow?"
As long as corporate America controls the bowl games, there will never be a playoff system.

As long as corporate America controls the bowl games, there will never be a playoff system.

They could have a 4 or 8-team playoff and still keep the bulk of the bowls in place. The playoff games could be rotated between 3 different bowl games every year for a 4-team playoff or between 7 bowls for an 8-team playoff, and then leave the rest of the bowls intact.

gotta love those Mormons.... always being so nice, to everyone....

Mormons.jpg

Ha, the guy on the left was my neighbor growing up... aspiring actor, and friends with Trey Parker... he also got a few lines in Baseketball.

Ladyblaise if Utah splits the MNC I will be shocked. the system will find a way to cut them out of the picture. They will slap Utah on the back and give them 3rd place and say "well done boys"..

You know, I think that depends on how the game turns out. If OU bitchslaps UF, then the voters think 'SEC was vastly overrated' and OU probably takes the AP too, with utah second. If UF wins a close one, then I think Utah has a chance. A UF blowout----probably sends the AP vote to UF. My guess is it takes a fairly close game for Utah to get the AP vote. Blowout by either team means that team gets both trophy and AP vote. (as I see it--- who know what will happen).

I hope that's the case, but I'm none too confident that it's actually going to happen. If the UF/Okie game is a low scoring and/or sloppy game, then Utah takes the AP for sure, but if UF flat out dominates Oklahoma or vice versa then I think the press will end up siding with the BCS.

Crap. I responded, read further-- and now realise that I am thinking just like RM!!!:doh:

:smile2:

Yeah, I can't imagine they hated that result too badly.:lol:

Actually, this makes no sense to me whatsoever. I even rooted for Texas last night. I always root for the B12 (other than *ebraska, who can choke on a dick as far as I'm concerned).

Actually, this makes no sense to me whatsoever. I even rooted for Texas last night. I always root for the B12 (other than *ebraska, who can choke on a dick as far as I'm concerned).

Good point, especially considering how much the SEC gets into the conference pride thing. However, I have a feeling all that goes right out the window when it comes down to Auburn and Alabama.

Good point, especially considering how much the SEC gets into the conference pride thing. However, I have a feeling all that goes right out the window when it comes down to Auburn and Alabama.

That's the point. Barners hate Bama like we hate Nebraskie. If they can only win one game a year, it would have to be against Bama, right? Same as us. If we could only win one game, 99% of CU fans would choose to beat NU, and never, ever feel sorry for NU if they lose.:smile2:

Back