What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Suites

Yep, I was in Pat Bowlen's suite. It was sweet! It has an elevator right to the locker room. Yes sir, I was there. During construction.

I'm asking why the nicest part of Folsom has the ****tiest TVs. The suites we have are very nice, the TVs just brings down the niceness of them. I'm also not sitting in a suite or anything so I'm not bragging at all. God damn guys it was a question, nothing more and nothing less.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=24487

it took CU 20 years to replace the video boards. Give em another 20 and they'll get to the TVs in the suites.

Maybe they don't want the money guys to be able to see the details of what's going on down on the field.

Why do you think any of us know that or give a ****
Because they're apart of the facilities, dumbass. We all have been bitching about our facilities not being up-to snuff (among other things), well having non-HD TVs in a damn suite is a pretty damn good example of the facilities being an issue. Now, go pop a Midol, put on your soaps, and relax.

Because they're apart of the facilities, dumbass. We all have been bitching about our facilities not being up-to snuff (among other things), well having non-HD TVs in a damn suite is a pretty damn good example of the facilities being an issue. Now, go pop a Midol, put on your soaps, and relax.

Lots of irony here.

Your poor grammar was part of the irony too. If they are APART from the facilities, they shouldn't be part of a facilities discussion.

I am just giving you a hard time, since you had to start a new thread about it. The tv's in the concourses are more important IMO.

Your poor grammar was part of the irony too. If they are APART from the facilities, they shouldn't be part of a facilities discussion.

I am just giving you a hard time, since you had to start a new thread about it. The tv's in the concourses are more important IMO.

why don't you bitches hug it out....and then STFU.

I figured you were just wearing your drinking shirt. Or am I thinking of someone else? Eh **** it.

My grammar? Meh, it's gotten worse and worse as college has gone on.

I figured you were just wearing your drinking shirt. Or am I thinking of someone else? Eh **** it.

that drinking shirt is retired. I am just cranky all the time from not sleeping and changing diapers all day long.

filepicker%2FJo12Dru8TQCH4aBJ96Ip_Presidential_Suite.jpg

I am impressed at those defending tube tv's as acceptable in our suites as representing our highest standard to our most wealthy constituents.

that is pretty lame that they don't have HD TV's in the suites.

Great point Carolina. They really should do something about that. Build it into the facilities budget. Might just earn more back from happy high rollers.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention... :thumbsup:

And the Regents still pump CU as a "Harvard of the West"?

Tini.
For the record, I have never been in on of the suites at Folsom. The suites at the Mile High have flat screens, the suites at the Pepsi Center have flat screens. The suites at Coors field have a mix of both. The tiny ass suites at Wrigley in Chicago have old tube TVs that are half the size of the suite itself. The fans inside Folsom have the biggest damn flatscreeen TV in Boulder to watch (at either end of the stadium). If you are sitting in a suite with the intention of watching TV, you have missed the opportunity entirely. You know what really matters at any of the above stated suites is that THEY HAVE BEER in the suites! ! ! ! !

Tini.
For the record, I have never been in on of the suites at Folsom. The suites at the Mile High have flat screens, the suites at the Pepsi Center have flat screens. The suites at Coors field have a mix of both. The tiny ass suites at Wrigley in Chicago have old tube TVs that are half the size of the suite itself. The fans inside Folsom have the biggest damn flatscreeen TV in Boulder to watch (at either end of the stadium). If you are sitting in a suite with the intention of watching TV, you have missed the opportunity entirely. You know what really matters at any of the above stated suites is that THEY HAVE BEER in the suites! ! ! ! !
I have been in the suites exactly twice in my life. It is amazing to watch the game, see the flatirons, kick back with a beer and during tv timeouts and other downtime - catch highlights from other games. It really can't be beat. I haven't been in them for 5+ years, but I do consider it embarrassing they have tube tv's in this day and age.

Tini.

I agree with you in theory, but I think you miss the point. The rich people are paying a lot for those suites, so make sure you're not pinching pennies on them, otherwise, they might lose interest in the suite concept.

Is it up to the owner(s) of the suite to buy their own TV or is that something that CU provides with the suite? If so, can we get rid of the non-HD JVC TV's in the suites? The suites are very, very nice but those TVs just kill the niceness of them.

From 2002 -2004 I worked for a engineering company that still has a suite. Many of the employees were invited to games on a regular basis. But to your point, those old TV's need to be replaced. (not the owners responsibility) Seems to me that it would behoove them to do it if for no other reason that it would make it a little easier to market the sale of the suites. Those suites have just about everything else you could ask for.

Back