1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Summary of the MM-RG Conference Call

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Buffnik, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

2. Colobuffs21

Colobuffs21 Club Member Club Member

Really encouraged by the depth on the DL, the strength gain of shay, sefo's potential in his 3rd year, and crawley.

3. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

The comment about KC picking off passes is great news. That next step would be huge.

4. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

Nembot positive comments from MM.... Good for him, and us! May be a dominant force this year according to coach.

Also you can tell how he is really anticipating the arrival of Montez as well..... Good stuff. Rick George awareness and proactive manner apparent on the call as well. He gets the joke.

5. Bufffan68

Bufffan68 Club Member Club Member

Sounds like Cade will give JG a run for his money for the second spot. I continue to be impressed with the OL depth and progress; I suspect it will be the strongest player group this year. Glad the WR are healing and getting bigger. I am optimistic about the DL, but in obvious wait and see mode like the rest of us. They said nothing about LB which will be our Achilles heal...I think opponent RBs and QBs will be spending considerable time in the second level of our defense. Hope KC can deliver on all his promise and progress he's made since starting as a true frosh.

6. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I chose not to listen in. Couldn't have anyway. How do those things work? Do you hit a button if you have a question? How was the participation?

7. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

Wow. That's a pretty strong message.

8. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Yup. I can't remember how many times I would yell at Crawley to turn when the ball was in the air. Hopefully he can translate it to games.
    I thought Nembot became pretty dominant late in the year. He's finally just playing and not having to think as much. Him and Crawley have excellent chances of being draft picks after this year.

9. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

The more I hear, see, and read about MM the more I hope he succeeds. I like his coach speak, it sounds legit, not fake. He seems to have a great plan and a way of going about business. I am concerned the win/loss column might not afford him the time to get it done.

10. BuffUp

BuffUp W.T.T.F. Club Member

the hole was bigger then we thought.

11. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

From a rotary phone, you would have dialed '011' then a operator would have switched you over.

12. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

He'll have enough time to show that he's the right guy for the job and it will be more than W/L record that determines that.

13. Yung Buffalo

Yung Buffalo Club Member Club Member

KC is going to have a big year. Judging by his Twitter comments, he is willing to do whatever it takes to get paid playing on Sundays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. FLounder

FLounder The Buffs will rise again! Club Member

some of us understood how bad it was.

15. Bufffan68

We could use a CB with lots of pics. We were so close last year...many what ifs and one of the big ones was what if we caused more TOs? We probably could have won 1-3 more games with a few more pics and fumbles.

That being said...if Sefo throws fewer pics, we get more pics/fumbles and the DL slows down the opponent's rushing, this year could be a big surprise. I doubt all that comes together at the same time, but stranger things have happened than the ball bouncing our way on the football field...okay, not many things, but there's got to be some.

16. Bufffan68

It really dawned on me through the first couple games of the 2014 season how deep the hole was...particularly the way we got manhandled by CSU in the 4th quarter. That and every 2013 conference game.

17. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Do you really want to go down this road?

18. TSchekler

TSchekler Darth's Hero Club Member

Please do, Flounder! I'm bored.:popcorn:

19. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

Yikes per the CSU game last year.....

I had just finished off about a half pitcher of Kool Aid, put in my season win total rep bet over 4.5.... had a hot date..... Uber'd on down to the rotten ole RKY MTN showdown.... little pep in my step......

And..... :uglyhammer:

No mercy in this game per 2015! Vengeance is my motive.

20. buffedup

buffedup Cooler than a Popsicle Stand. Club Member

Staying away from the hard kool-aid. I think the actions that included the hiring of Leavitt and Tumpkin speak volumes along with the new commitment to facilities and spending for success. However, I simply cannot buy into talk. I don't care how great so and so is looking/practicing/tweeting. That bridge has been burned to the ground and pissed on for a decade. The only thing that will matter this season is results on the field.

21. Tractor

Tractor Club Member Club Member

Haha, yeah kc should be picking off sefo, most defenders do

22. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

The program was burned to the ground.