1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sunday DP interview with Coach Hawkins

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Hugegroove, Jun 15, 2009.

1. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

I read it Sunday. Crappy interview. Didn't exactly get me fired up.

3. Lt.Col.FrankSlade

Lt.Col.FrankSlade Well-Known Member

Hawkins seemed almost pissed to be interviewed.

Was he text messaging his answers or something?

4. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

5. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

As I said, not a very telling interview. I blame the reporter for not asking more probing questions. It also appeard that Hawk only wanted to go into more detail with his answers if the guy asked him a question that Hawkins felt excited talking about. Totally avoiding answers that us internet scum might misconstrue and post elsewhere. :rolleyes:

6. DBT

Yeah, I thought his "people who know, our big supporters like Bohn and DiStefano" quote was a veiled shot at us scumbags. :lol:

7. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

"So, after all of this, why is Hawkins, entering his fourth season and coming off a disappointing five-win campaign, more bullish about this team than any other he's had at CU? He said it starts with a team grade-point average last season that was the highest for the Buffs in 12 years and continues with the belief that after three years, he's put the foundation in place for big things this fall."
    If we don't have a winning season you can be consoled by our grade point average.:lol:

8. DBT

I thought the interview sucked because the reporter sucked at asking questions. He apparently knows jack **** about the program. I don't knwo how Hawk could have answered any differently. Especially the josh smith stuff. Horrible interview. But that isn't Hawk's fault.

9. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

Does he ever talk football? The need to win games? All this other stuff is garbage.

10. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

They need to win games, but hard to do right now. What do you want him to say. "We suck, we have sucked for 3 years and we will continue to suck." Fans don't bother coming to our games, we don't want to waste your time selling our program to you, so don't come. And this goes for recruits too, we will suck, bottom of the north. If you want to compete with the Montana States and Eastern Washington's, come to CU! If you want to compete with Texas and Nebraska, go to OU!"

11. Coloradosker

Coloradosker Active Member

If he starts claiming that he "is doing an excellent job in all areas" be ready for a coaching change. Doesn't sound like he's too excited about the transfers.

12. buffsyko

buffsyko Club Member Club Member

No, stop with the zen BS and the "bohn knows the score" BS. SAY NOTHING, but please, no more we are bringing in character guys,in the classroom,in the community blah, blah, when he's had as many transfers and academic casulties as barnett did.

13. 77buff

77buff Well-Known Member

Hey bud there's alot of teams in the Big 12 North that can compete with Nebraska. You don't have to go to OU to compete with Nebraska. I think Hawkins is feeling the heat - and he should - it's time for him to produce.
    husker_trailer_boy.jpg

Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  14. JimmyBuff

JimmyBuff Well-Known Member

Not much Hawk Love going on in that interview.. :lol:

At least Hellaf**k is gone.. :thumbsup: