What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sunday's Other Game - #10 Notre Dame at Texas

I like how any team which goes on the road the first week of the season to play a P5 team and loses is automatically overrated.

It's not like that at all, at least not for me. But, when the same schools are always top 25 and they choke it's satisfying as fan. ND is ALWAYS highly ranked anymore and they choke every year.

Sterlin Gilbert (new Texas OC) earned his money tonight. Apathetic about both teams, but Texas' new offense was fun to watch.

Nonetheless ... good of you to stop by and post a totally non-narcissistic message stating that you don't care about the subject of the thread. Bully for you. (y)

Hence the preface "slightly off-topic". :)

It's not like that at all, at least not for me. But, when the same schools are always top 25 and they choke it's satisfying as fan. ND is ALWAYS highly ranked anymore and they choke every year.

Somewhat fair. But facing a fired up team in front of record crowd on opening weekend and losing in double overtime? That does not scream bad loss to me. It happens.

Somewhat fair. But facing a fired up team in front of record crowd on opening weekend and losing in double overtime? That does not scream bad loss to me. It happens.
that comeback was impressive. they ran into a buzzsaw and recovered before wearing down.

I don't think it's a bad loss at all for them, they're an impressive team. But going by the illogical ranking system losing to an unranked doesn't look good. But it's Texas and the media loves them so they'll immediately hit the top 25 to save ND's ranking. Whereas with other teams, a top flight win will only garner some votes usually. But I'm just a fan so I naturally hate anyone not CU.

My comment as well referred to them as generally ranked a little higher than they deserve to be. They have a number of shills in the media who know that hyping ND gets them attention from a big audience. ND is one of those schools that almost everyone has an opinion about, positive or negative. Fortunately they usually get exposed in the end after we listen to how great they are all year.

Losing to Texas on the road in itself is not a terrible loss but Texas isn't a powerhouse either. If ND is really a national championship contender they figure out how to win that game.

A lot of legacy hate for ND around here, which is understandable. They have a very good football team, though; maybe not national championship caliber, but very, very good.

A lot of legacy hate for ND around here, which is understandable. They have a very good football team, though; maybe not national championship caliber, but very, very good.

Think they look like a 9-10 win team.

If Brian Kelly would make up his mind and stick with one quarterback I see them rebounding from this and having a very good year. There are maybe 5 tests left on the schedule and 4 of them are at home. This could very easily be a 10-win team.

That game could have gone the other way had spearing been called, with an ejection and a likely TD.

That game could have gone the other way had spearing been called, with an ejection and a likely TD.
Agree...still shocked that stupid Blackledge and the other guy (but especially the guys talking in their ears) didn't mention anything about the possibility of a targeting foul until five minutes after the play was over. My immediate reaction was after completion of the play was that is a clear targeting foul. Incredible.

Agree...still shocked that stupid Blackledge and the other guy (but especially the guys talking in their ears) didn't mention anything about the possibility of a targeting foul until five minutes after the play was over. My immediate reaction was after completion of the play was that is a clear targeting foul. Incredible.

Same here. CU got called for exactly that and probably even less and they let that go. Should have been a foul.

I like how any team which goes on the road the first week of the season to play a P5 team and loses is automatically overrated.

USC is, I was laughed out of here earlier this summer when I said Bama would blow them away.
$C has some talent, but they lack coaching and depth. Like I said, they will start 1-3 and win 6 or 7 games total. They didn't impress last year (losing 3 of last 4 after almost losing to CU) and they are off to another crap start. They will have lost 6 of their last 8 games by the end of this month.
They are nowhere near a top 25 program

Last edited:
Obviously losing 52-6 would tend to confirm USC was overrated, but I was mostly thinking LSU, Notre Dame, and UCLA with post.

Obviously losing 52-6 would tend to confirm USC was overrated, but I was mostly thinking LSU, Notre Dame, and UCLA with post.

LSU is one deminsional, but still a damn good team.
ND is good too.
UCLA and A&M are about the same and both will be up and down all year.

So ya, I would agree with you there

that comeback was impressive. they ran into a buzzsaw and recovered before wearing down.

Kelly coming to his senses and finally giving every snap to the QB that actually did something useful helped, but yep, I thought ND was done when Texas went up 31-17 and I also didn't see UT coming back when ND took the lead again in the fourth. Fun game.

Kelly coming to his senses and finally giving every snap to the QB that actually did something useful helped, but yep, I thought ND was done when Texas went up 31-17 and I also didn't see UT coming back when ND took the lead again in the fourth. Fun game.
A pick 6 when down 17 will rejuvinate you, for sure.

Can anybody confirm the refs were not fist pumping after UT touchdowns yesterday?

I watched the game on my DVR. UT is MUCH better team with a QB who can actually throw it. I thought their frosh was pretty good. IDK why every DC on UT's schedule would not load the box when Swoopes comes in, both he and Heard are water from a boat guys and are no threat whatsoever passing. Heard to WR is a logical move.

Oh, and Brian Kelly is the Lucky Charms leprechaun, what is that guy 5' 2"?

USC is, I was laughed out of here earlier this summer when I said Bama would blow them away.
$C has some talent, but they lack coaching and depth. Like I said, they will start 1-3 and win 6 or 7 games total. They didn't impress last year (losing 3 of last 4 after almost losing to CU) and they are off to another crap start. They will have lost 6 of their last 8 games by the end of this month.
They are nowhere near a top 25 program

You disparaged the mighty Pac 12.

Back