What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sunshine conspiracy

LaserDeathHawk

Club Member
Club Member
So could it really be that our jackass coach was retained with the knowledge that a move like this could be coming and we would:
a) politically need to have not just spent $5M to get rid of our last coach in light of a penalties for leaving the Big 12
b) know we had a good chance to pick up a better coach under the new conference structure (EB?)

Do these things have a long enough ramp for our idot administration to have seen it coming?

Gary Barnett was on K&K yesterday saying how much harder Hawk's job just got. Sure we have more money and a more robust recruiting pipeline out west, but the pressure is on to win and win soon. The worst thing for us is to go to a new conference and duke it out with Wazzu in the cellar bowl. We need to at least be .500 and fighting for a bowl game out of the box.

I would very much like to think this was the plan. It will be much easier to pull a decent replacement for Hawk with all the buzz and being a Pac 10 team.

It's about damn time this admin started taking winning seriously. Hawk's job just got harder? exqueeze me? The expectations just got kicked up about five notches, but Hawk is the one who came in here talking about winning National Championships. Or has he convenientely forgotten about that?

And I would also like to think that the Admin saw this coming, and that was a part of the impetus for keeping Hawkins.

I had similar thoughts. Could be very possible...don't want to have to justify paying $3 million dollars plus a new contract in addition to a potential $9 million to leave the conference.

Pissbomber alluded that big things were afoot moments just before the Athletic Department snipers gunned him down.

Pissbomber alluded that big things were afoot moments just before the Athletic Department snipers gunned him down.

I was trying to remember who hatched that theory, it was PB. Props to PB, wherever you are, shine on you crazy diamond.....

Benson mentioned yesterday that they had been discussing the move internally since October. So it was probably at least some part of the talk about firing Hawk. I'd like to think it was as big a factor as 95 is saying....

If this were the case, then I can't wait for Bensen, DiStephano and Bohn to get a major write-up in the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal.

I can't wait to see the quote that mentions how keeping this secret over the past eight months was one of the hardest things any of them have ever had to do.

Did this brilliant administration also project a 40% decline in season tickets when they decided to keep the Chicken? They have already lost more money this season ticket cycle than it would have cost to buy him out . Hopefully the PAC move can salvage some of that impending fiscal bloodbath by bringing back some sales.

S'pose he makes a return appearance at some point now that the deal is done? Wonder if there was gag order until all this happened.

no way administration had all of this planned. I think they knew there was a chance that PAC 10 would expand about a year ago, but planning all of this...no.

I also disagree with the assertion that Hawk's job just got a lot harder. No it didn't. We're still in the Big 12 for a few years, right? Unless the Big 12 disbands entirely for after next season, Hawk still has the same job to do horribly in. He'll be gone by the time we need to join the PAC 10/11/12. At least, I hope he's gone. He did however, just get a lot tougher task in retaining his job. He's done unless we win the Big 12 this year.

Back