What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Suppose...

Who says it has to be a big name coach to be a winner?

LOL....thanks for the chuckle. If CU does join the MWC down the road, I don't think DH will be around for BSU fans to remind us that we got the wrong coach when they meet.

Apparently the new plan is to give up on getting CU fans to buy tickets and just depend on visiting fans for sellouts... :huh:

Or we can just sell tickets last minute at $5 so it looks like we have good attendance. Or give them away. Either works.

Is this really necessary when it's just a fellow Buff presenting a different point of view? Disagreement is fine, but this? Come on now.

**** you you piece of **** douchebag

Why? Because the Mtn. Weenie is IRRELEVANT. Why would CU want to be irrelevant, just to win the irrelevant league title? No thanks.

Although I don't agree with Nash that the MWC would be good (I think it would be a crushing blow that we would never overcome); aren't we already pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things thanks to Talkins, Bohn-Head and the CU administration? Just sayin..

Or we can just sell tickets last minute at $5 so it looks like we have good attendance. Or give them away. Either works.

**** you you piece of **** douchebag

I was just going to answer "yes" but I'll accept that answer as well.

Regarding this silly, silly topic:

I'm a college football fan. I love the game, though I'm beginning to wonder why. Also, I love the University of Colorado Buffaloes.

To me, College Football is about getting the best matchups on the field. The best teams playing the best teams. And not just the flash-in-the-pan teams, but those schools with rich traditions, and shared histories and rivalries battling it out on the gridiron.

It's even sweeter when one of those teams is the Buffs--though it's been a few years since we've been competetive (but not that long, really). But I still know that we'll battle the Mizzous, the nebraskas, the Oklahomas of this world, and God willing win a few. To me, the richer the tradition, the more quality the team and the longer the shared history, the better the game. I like the games! The ****ing games! I don't give a **** about television revenue (though I know it's closely linked to the product on the field, and therefore relevant), and I don't give a **** about Georgia's State legislatures's wishes, and care even less about Texas'. The game!

By pushing Colorado to conference which lacks history on the gridiron, and is less likely to produce as many quality teams across the spectrum of the conference is a disservice to our team, because it will result in few meaningful matchups (in my opinion).

I respect the quality of football played in the MWC. But it's typically one-or-two teams carrying the load, and not many of those teams have a lot of history in the game. But on any given year, the Pac 10 can produce gridiron giants in the form of Cal, USC, and Oregon, with the ever-present threat of Washington, Arizona State, Oregon State and Washington State (I believe they led the nation in consecutive 10-win seasons at some point in the early 2000s). Even Stanford, the weak sister football team, produces one of the finest all-around Athletic Departments in the entire nation!

Throwing in football powerhouse Oklahoma only sweetens the pot.

The thought of matching a (presumably resurgent) Colorado's rich history on the field against these teams makes me excited for College Football GAMES!

The thought of competing in the admittedly scrappy MWC does far less for my sense of excitement.

So I ask anyone supporting the MWC move: Are you a fan of the game of football, or do you just want to see Colorado compete locally and well? Because I don't see the same quality of matchups, week after week in that plan.

Although I don't agree with Nash that the MWC would be good (I think it would be a crushing blow that we would never overcome); aren't we already pretty much irrelevant in the grand scheme of things thanks to Talkins, Bohn-Head and the CU administration? Just sayin..

Yes, but as long as CU is on the big stage, there is hope. Go to the pee wee league and it's all over...

Yes, but as long as CU is on the big stage, there is hope. Go to the pee wee league and it's all over...

You guys may feel like it is a "pee-wee league", but the champion of the MWC will soon be playing for an annual BCS payout IMO.

You guys may feel like it is a "pee-wee league", but the champion of the MWC will soon be playing for an annual BCS payout IMO.

If these superconferences happen, they will hold all the cards and they will dictate what happens. There is no guarantee the MWC champ will play for anything other than bragging rights.

:lol: Yeah, BCS busters and all that. Won't happen. If Utah, BYU or TCU get picked up by a major conference in this realignment shuffle, the possibilites of the MWC getting a seat at the grown up table become even more remote.

:lol: Yeah, BCS busters and all that. Won't happen. If Utah, BYU or TCU get picked up by a major conference in this realignment shuffle, the possibilites of the MWC getting a seat at the grown up table become even more remote.

If things shake out as rumored right now, I think the MWC stays in-tact. The Big 12 will no longer be viable losing eight members. The MWC must be feeling pretty good at the moment as they declined to offer Boise State yesterday and with it an almost certain provisional BCS status in 2012.

If these superconferences happen, they will hold all the cards and they will dictate what happens. There is no guarantee the MWC champ will play for anything other than bragging rights.

You are correct in that there is no guarantee. However, the B12 and Big East will be gutted, leaving 3 obvious major conferences and the ACC and the MWC. If the SEC feels the need to go to 16 teams, my guess is they would weaken the ACC substancially, taking Clemson, FSU, Miami, and perhaps VT.

The MWC has the opportunity to pick up the leftover north, Boise State, and would only need two more, perhaps SMU and Houston to become a respectable 16 team conference and probably 4th in stature behind the big 3.

The center of influence in this conference could be the front range and the championship played in Invesco. CU could have substantial influence in this conference. I don't think it is a bad option.

Back