What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Surprised it took the media this long...Stupid Kids.

But they have 10 cops on the scene and are pointing their guns at innocent people who were presumably not brandishing a weapon as it was found on the back seat of the car.

Sarc? The cops are definitely not at fault here. No arrests, no tickets. Seems they got off easy, until EB & Embo get a hold of them.

Sarc? The cops are definitely not at fault here. No arrests, no tickets. Seems they got off easy, until EB & Embo get a hold of them.

Cops aren't as fault, but the kids didn't get off easy.... they didn't break any laws.

My buddies and I had a couple of them in our apt that we played with regularly.

How does this get reported on? While yelling at a cop who has pulled you over for a very valid reason is never a good idea, why is this even in the news? Does BPD just offer up this sort of thing to the denver post? Does the denver post have someone just monitoring the police scanner? How does the media find out but such a stupid event?

Thornton should sit a game, beligerence toward cops shouldn't be tolerated in the slightest.

I asked in the other thread before I found this one, but is this possibly the incident responsible for Clark being gone?

I was pilled over in Boulder a few years ago by a motorcycle cop. Two cruisers pulled up behind him a few minutes later.

I think the Boulder police are just bored.

I'm pretty sure it is State law that if a cop see's another cop with someone pulled over or making an arrest they have to stop and assist. Back when I was in college there was one time a group of 4 or 5 us were leaving the Rio after a couple of margs. I stepped off the curb to cross the street, saw a car was coming and stepped back on. Cop was right there and used it as an excuse to stop the whole group, check our IDs (presumably to see if we were legal...we were), and that no one was at a level where they could get us for public intoxication. While this is happening (since she decided to run all the IDs), two more cop cars that were doing the loop around Pearl Street pull up and stop to check and see what was going on. So at one point we had three PD units tied up for ATTEMPTED jaywalking while exiting a bar.

So yeah, the boredom speculation might be accurate, toss in the fact that there was a report of a gun and that the suspects were young black men and I can see how every cop within 5 miles would have shown up at the scene.

2am, two cars full of people, pointing guns at each other. Without the bright orange end cap, how would anyone know it was fake seeing it from 20 feet away or in another car.

After Aurora, Wisconsin, and all the other crap that has happened I would hope that BPD would respond in force. Props to BPD because if they really wanted to be dicks I'm sure they could have found some reasons to haul people away. instead they didn't even issue any tickets.

This was really stupid by the players involved.

I'm pretty sure it is State law that if a cop see's another cop with someone pulled over or making an arrest they have to stop and assist. Back when I was in college there was one time a group of 4 or 5 us were leaving the Rio after a couple of margs. I stepped off the curb to cross the street, saw a car was coming and stepped back on. Cop was right there and used it as an excuse to stop the whole group, check our IDs (presumably to see if we were legal...we were), and that no one was at a level where they could get us for public intoxication. While this is happening (since she decided to run all the IDs), two more cop cars that were doing the loop around Pearl Street pull up and stop to check and see what was going on. So at one point we had three PD units tied up for ATTEMPTED jaywalking while exiting a bar.

So yeah, the boredom speculation might be accurate, toss in the fact that there was a report of a gun and that the suspects were young black men and I can see how every cop within 5 miles would have shown up at the scene.

similar thing happened to my ex and me. walking home from the bars one night we are in front of boulder high and cupd rolls by all slow and asks us if everything is alright. yep, thanks for asking. the cop puts it in park, gets out and asks again if everything is alright. i reiterate that yes, everything is ok, whats the big deal? my ex is pretty drunk but not out of control and the cop asks her if she knows who the president is. she responds, obama, only a retard wouldn't know that. big cop guy didn't like that and put her in cuffs and said she was going to detox. i flip out, she flips out. and off she goes. (ended up in jail because she told the cop "**** you" in the car).

Why would they get arrested or ticketed?

I really don't know. It just seems every time they can't find something to give you a ticket for they find a reason to. Especially if you are not being cooperative.

Kids are going to be kids...but these guys really should learn to behave and act like the student athletes they are. I have a hot temper myself when it comes to authority figures, always have, but I have grown wiser in my age that it helps nothing or anyone. The sooner these young men learn that the better + CU (football especially) really does not need to help the media in any way. Maybe all colleges need to be on remote islands where kids can run wild?

I really don't know. It just seems every time they can't find something to give you a ticket for they find a reason to. Especially if you are not being cooperative.

Yea,it seems that "criminal mischief" and "disturbing the peace" are vague enough to apply to situations where they just want to pop you for something.Maybe one of the esteemed lawyers can weigh in?

Pictures splashed across the Denver Post

we could win a national championship in every sport and it wouldn't make the Denver Post, but some players don't get arrested and it is the front page story. go **** yourself denver post. I look forward to your bankruptcy you ****ing hack jobs.

Last edited:
pretty dumb move by the players, just goofin or not. the "kids will be kids" or anecdotes about walking out of a bar are one thing. making the popo believe you have a gun is qualitatively different. not real smart.

pretty dumb move by the players, just goofin or not. the "kids will be kids" or anecdotes about walking out of a bar are one thing. making the popo believe you have a gun is qualitatively different.

Doesn't sound like they made the popo believe they had a gun.

no, they made a bystander believe they had a gun, intentional or not, who called the police. Flashing a gun, real or not, in a car is just plain stupid.

I agree with your last sentence. Mick's post made it sound like they were waving it around in front of the cops. Sounds like it was still in the car when they got out.

There was an item in the paper a couple of days ago, that the rate of concealed carry applications has tripled in Boulder County, since the July 20th shooting. Won't be long before someone with a permit shoots somebody with a fake gun

similar thing happened to my ex and me. walking home from the bars one night we are in front of boulder high and cupd rolls by all slow and asks us if everything is alright. yep, thanks for asking. the cop puts it in park, gets out and asks again if everything is alright. i reiterate that yes, everything is ok, whats the big deal? my ex is pretty drunk but not out of control and the cop asks her if she knows who the president is. she responds, obama, only a retard wouldn't know that. big cop guy didn't like that and put her in cuffs and said she was going to detox. i flip out, she flips out. and off she goes. (ended up in jail because she told the cop "**** you" in the car).
hehehehehehehe. good times.

I agree with your last sentence. Mick's post made it sound like they were waving it around in front of the cops. Sounds like it was still in the car when they got out.
Even if it was still in the car when the cops arrived, the were arriving at the vehicle reported to have a gun flashed at another vehicle. Cops were absolutely right to show up with theirs guns out. Now being Boulder, I am blown away that Thornton wasn't cuffed at the very least for his mouth.

Who cares? This isn't a big deal. Cops probably overreacted a bit by drawing down on the vehicles (hard to say without being there). Thornton overreacted. But he reacted as you might expect a law-abiding black kid in Boulder would when the cops are pointing guns at him. I don't know about Thornton, but a lot of our players come from areas where the reputation of the police is not so great. Players should be disciplined internally for doing something dumb, but none of these kids had any kind of malicious intent. This is not news.

I though BPD used airsoft guns themselves to be more environmentally friendly.

Back