What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Surprised it took the media this long...Stupid Kids.

Yeah that bad boy image comes with consequences. Sometimes you just have to fall to get back up. Its hard to watch as a parent cause we love him but it will make him hungry to have to sit by and while the other freshman pass him. But to be a man you have to work thru the hard stuff. Im sorry we were cracking up at DTs statement. Just wanna say really dude? Had they been in Calif would been dropped under the jail!

Yeah that bad boy image comes with consequences. Sometimes you just have to fall to get back up. Its hard to watch as a parent cause we love him but it will make him hungry to have to sit by and while the other freshman pass him. But to be a man you have to work thru the hard stuff. Im sorry we were cracking up at DTs statement. Just wanna say really dude? Had they been in Calif would been dropped under the jail!
Hope Jeff and the rest learn from this and they bounce back strong.

CU suspends Jeffery Thomas and DaVaughn Thornton for the first 2 games after Saturdays incident. From Kyle ringo's twitter

Like I said, JT's gonna be just fine and we'll forget about this.

Thanks, mo. You're the best.

Also from Ringo

LB Jermaine Clark is no longer in the program for personal reasons and because of Saturday's incident

Missed buffnik's earlier posts on this repost sorry

Last edited:
LB Jermaine Clark is no longer in the program for personal reasons and because of Saturday's incident
At least Ringo can stop misspelling his name. Too bad, I wanted to see what Jermane was going to bring. C'mon guys, wise up and focus on W's.

Who cares? This isn't a big deal. Cops probably overreacted a bit by drawing down on the vehicles (hard to say without being there). Thornton overreacted. But he reacted as you might expect a law-abiding black kid in Boulder would when the cops are pointing guns at him. I don't know about Thornton, but a lot of our players come from areas where the reputation of the police is not so great. Players should be disciplined internally for doing something dumb, but none of these kids had any kind of malicious intent. This is not news.

The BPD is full of huge dicks. There were a couple of times were they were harassing me for nothing.

[QUOTEEDIT: it was 9 total cops, not 10 cars. I mis-read. Assuming two cops per car, that's 5 cars. Still a little heavy handed, but seems reasonable considering the reports of a gun.[/QUOTE]

You realize how truly boring it gets on patrol? Any incident in a town like Boulder will draw the gendarmes like moths to a candle!

In a different town or with different officers this could have ended much, much worse for one of the players and put a huge cloud over a program that is facing a huge uphill climb to rebuild.

and now this - Just what we do not need "Jeffrey Thomas and DaVaughn Thornton are suspended from playing against Colorado State and Sacramento State". and LB Clarke leaving the program.... DAMN... guess it could have been worse and all of them suspended games???

So, if you are the parent of a recruit, does Embree's handling of this enhance your view of CU as a place you'd want your son to go? OTOH, does the BPD's handling of the situation detract from your view of Boulder?

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=204766943&DB_OEM_ID=600

BG Brooks said:

Looks like Clark was actually dismmissed from the football team. I wonder what trouble Clark got into in the past that led to him getting dismissed.

Embo is generally a "three strikes and you're out" kind of guy. Clark obviously had two strkes and its been stated there were a number of things going against him. Thornton on the other hand, strengthens the case against him ever contributing and mostly its been his own doing. I perceive a sense of entitlement with him; kids from Denver East seem to have that. Its the DPS version of Cherry Creek HS, without the CC will to win.

Embo is generally a "three strikes and you're out" kind of guy. Clark obviously had two strkes and its been stated there were a number of things going against him. Thornton on the other hand, strengthens the case against him ever contributing and mostly its been his own doing. I perceive a sense of entitlement with him; kids from Denver East seem to have that. Its the DPS version of Cherry Creek HS, without the CC will to win.
Didn't Embree cite this incident "plus personal issues?" Or something to that effect.

One thing I just realized is that there was only one bb gun. That means half the players were in a car with no bb gun. If Thornton was one of those guys, his reaction is still not justifiable, but perhaps more understandable.

Didn't Embree cite this incident "plus personal issues?" Or something to that effect.

Yeah. Clark may have needed to go home for personal reasons regardless of this incident.

You know, it starts with just an innocent bb gun and then, before you know it, you are packing a .44 Magnum. A slippery slope, fellas.

I cannot believe how stupid people are sometimes around the Police. They need to understand the training. A weapon was reported being flashed. If the cops pull you over and have guns drawn - then do what they tell you to do and keep your hands high in the air so they know you are not a threat. If you feel wronged then file a report/compliant later. From the cops perspective, they believe they are going into a dangerous situation - their adrenaline is pumping and they are tense. They are not in the mood for a bunch of back talk and lip.

There have been about 5 shootings in metro Denver in the last few weeks - including the theater shootings. The police just want to finish their shift safely and go home to their families.

I cannot believe how stupid people are sometimes around the Police. They need to understand the training. A weapon was reported being flashed. If the cops pull you over and have guns drawn - then do what they tell you to do and keep your hands high in the air so they know you are not a threat. If you feel wronged then file a report/compliant later. From the cops perspective, they believe they are going into a dangerous situation - their adrenaline is pumping and they are tense. They are not in the mood for a bunch of back talk and lip.

There have been about 5 shootings in metro Denver in the last few weeks - including the theater shootings. The police just want to finish their shift safely and go home to their families.
Very well said, rep.

Back