1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Surprised nobody has mentioned De'Jon Wilson today.

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by bigskybuff, Oct 19, 2013.

1. bigskybuff

bigskybuff Club Member Club Member

He was the biggest surprise of the day. Well, other than Adkins. Very active and emotional. Loved his speed and enthusiasm. First time I've seen him play and he was definitely an upgrade from Parker or Samson. Need to take some pressure off Chido and we saw it later when Duribe forced the fumble. Hope this is the start of something great.

I also thought Tupou had his best game and damn is Gillam a player. I know this was just a Fcs team but I liked how the D responded after giving up a 17 play drive for a TD at the end of the 2nd qtr. also wish they would let Awuzie rush the passer more, he has closing speed and will finish the play. Of course I wish they would just blitz a hell of a lot more in general.

2. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

I mentioned Wilson a couple times in Chat during the game. He played hard and made some plays. That said he was going against an offensive line that wasn't very quick.

It was good to see him and a number of the young guys step up and have good games.

3. aik

aik Club Member Club Member

He looks bigger than the listed 250. I would hope he finds himself in the DE rotation more as the season progresses. I've seen him on the field a bunch already this year but that was all garbage time prior to today. I like our numbers on the line but they need to all contribute so they can become interchangeable and we can sub them often to get fresh legs in there to rush.

4. boydbuff

boydbuff Club Member Club Member

Hcmm mentioned he played well and will get more in the rotation going forward

5. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Also Woodson Greer. One of the few Pac-12 players we have on defense. 6'3 and can run. I'd like to see him rush the passer some too

6. buffaholic

buffaholic Club Member Club Member

Greer was a stud today. He and Gillam in the 4-2 against the spread is a pretty athletic pair of LBs IMO. The prototype of what we need in this conference.

7. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

We're going to need them and the D-Line to play big for us against Zona. They ran the ball 50+ times for 300 yards (236 from Carey and 51 from their QB) against Utah. First priority has to be stopping their running game, so these guys are going to have their hands full.

8. Eggon

Eggon Club Member Club Member

Carey took and delivered a pounding against Utah. Impressive. I thought he might be beat up coming into this week but he seems incredibly durable.... Yikes.

9. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

I was hoping Carey would sprain an ankle or something.

10. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Greer was an animal. Seemed like he was in on every tackle.

11. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Yep. I will repeat myself here... height IS important for LBs.

12. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

Pretty excited about the athleticism our LB corps will have next year with Rippy, Gillam, and Greer. Excellent height and speed between those three.

Sent from a red light