What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Sweet 16 thread

I got one final four team correct in my bracket (UConn). By virtue of that, I have won my office pool. So I got that going for me, which is nice.

Some dudes girlfriend in my pool who got 20 of 32 in the first round, lost 3 of her 4 final 4 teams in the first weekend, and was in last place up until today, has a chance to win our whole pool if kentucky beats Uconn. WOW espn's point system seems flawed.

KU and UNC both lose on the same day in the NCAA tournament, making this easily one of my all-time favorite days in tournament history.

:woot:

The only downside is that Kensucky won.... :huh:

Not only did no #1 seeds make the final 4, no #2 seeds made it either.

#3 seed UCon is the highest seeded team left...

The only downside is that Kensucky won.... :huh:

Not only did no #1 seeds make the final 4, no #2 seeds made it either.

#3 seed UCon is the highest seeded team left...

And this is why a tourney is the way to determine who was the best team this year?

Tourney is a lot of fun to watch but the idea that whoever wins will have been the best team this year is laughable. It will be a combination of which team got the best draw, got hot at the right time, had the best call, or hit the right combination of making some shots when the opponent didn't.

And this is why a tourney is the way to determine who was the best team this year?

Tourney is a lot of fun to watch but the idea that whoever wins will have been the best team this year is laughable. It will be a combination of which team got the best draw, got hot at the right time, had the best call, or hit the right combination of making some shots when the opponent didn't.

That's a great point Mtn. I think it was Billy Donovan who said a few years ago after the Gators won the national title, something to the effect that they could play this thing over and you'd not only have a different champ but 4 different teams in the Final 4. Yes it's alot of fun and the country embraces it for 3 weeks but rarely does it produce the best team as champion. Which is why I remain in favor of the current system for college football, or a 4-team playoff.

Champions aren't always the best team. Who said that has to be the case. The goal is to win a championship, not to "be the best team that year". If they really are the best team, then they should come into March Madness and win 6 games. Ask the 2007 Patriots. Or how about the 03-04 St Joe's team. They went like 32-0 in the regular season, but they didn't win it all. The goal is to win 6 games in March and April (or 7 games if you're VCU).

This entire observation is premised on some objective notion of which team is the best. In many ways that's laughable.

Champions aren't always the best team. Who said that has to be the case. The goal is to win a championship, not to "be the best team that year". If they really are the best team, then they should come into March Madness and win 6 games. Ask the 2007 Patriots. Or how about the 03-04 St Joe's team. They went like 32-0 in the regular season, but they didn't win it all. The goal is to win 6 games in March and April (or 7 games if you're VCU).

Problem is that's very difficult to do in this sport in general....there's a reason the NBA/MLB/NHL play multi-game series to truly decide the better team...as any team can play poorly or just out of their mind at any given night....but to sustain that over a 5/7 game series is much more deserving

I mean KU vs. VCU in a 5 or 7 game series and KU easily walks away from that one

The Tourney is fun to watch and I wouldn't change a thing about it....but a valid point to make that it doesn't exactly reward THE best team over the course of the season most every year

Here's my fav: "I know we can't hit a three or a free throw, but we can't get a foul call either. Worst officiating I have seen this year, and there have been some bad ones."

Oh, I see. It was the officials' fault. Funny, that's a common theme among basketball fans of losing teams. Lose=blame it on the refs.

My favorite post by a troll on the KU board:

Re: KU vs. VCU Gamethread. Southwest Finals [Re: KUHawkhead]
#2001452 - Sun Mar 27 2011 04:20 PM
Sorry for your lose to a #11 seeded team. Better luck next year.

"...i thought i was someone, turns out i was wrong..."

Here's a song for yall.

[video=youtube;GUVVGQjWFg4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUVVGQjWFg4 [/video]

watch
BURN.

A VCU-Butler semi-final plays nicely into my strategy of not tuning into the NCAA tournament in protest of the CU snub. I couldn't care less about this Cinderella story between these two mid-majors.

Does everything Beebe touch turn into to ****ty television?

Back