1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"T.I.P.S." for Okie State - why the bi-centennial still matters .....

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MontanaBuff, Nov 12, 2008.

1. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

Greetings, Buff fans, from CU At the Game! www.cuatthegame.com

It’s bowl eligibility or bust for the 5-5 Colorado program. Can the Buffs stay with the #11 Cowboys?

Here’s a look at this week’s "T.I.P.S." for Saturday:

T - Talent. Zac Robinson, Dez Bryant, and Kendall Hunter - three of a kind. Can the Buffs’ offense keep the ball away from the Cowboys’ playmakers?;
    I - Intangibles. Remember 1976? Oklahoma State fans do ....;
    P - Preparation / Schedule. What is the Buffs’ record in home finales against teams other than the Cornhuskers? What is the Cowboys’ record on the second leg of back-to-back road games?; and
    S - Stats. Want to worry? Check out the OSU offensive numbers. Want to give yourself cause for hope? Check out the OSU defensive numbers.

Oklahoma State game trivia: Is it coincidence that the Cowboys’ colors are the same as the colors of the Princeton Tigers? Who won the Heisman while at OSU, Thurman Thomas or Barry Sanders?

Archived Games - Oklahoma coach Barry Switzer (‘75) and Michigan coach Bo Schembechler (‘86) both had chances in games played on November 18th to go for two points and a win. How did each coach play it, what were the results, and how did these games affect the national championship races?

For CU fans, there are three games to take a look at. On 11/18, there is the ‘75 game pitting #10 Colorado against #17 Kansas, or more recently, the CU/Iowa State game in 2003. From the CU At the Game archives, there is the 1981 Colorado/Oklahoma State game. A wild finish to the one (and only) home game I missed in my seven years in Boulder.

It’s all there for you at www.cuatthegame.com Check it out!
    Go Buffs!
    Stuart

[Please share CU At the Game with your Buff friends. There will be updates throughout the off-season, including detailed recruiting and spring football information. Let them know that they are only an email away from receiving updates throughout the year! Thanks, Stuart :thumbsup:]

Daaah and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

Love the Intangibles as I'm with you and think there are a lot of litting things in this game that are giving me a secret confidence....senior night, national spotlight, hopefully a raucus crowd (the students come out at night), OSU reeling w/ nothing to play for etc. etc.

I also like that OSU has the worst pass rush in the Big 12 which is a huge bonus for the Buffs....if we have a little bit of time to pass the ball Cody can do what he did against ISU, and OSU will give us that opportunity

Last edited: Nov 12, 2008
  3. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Technically, Princeton's colors are Orange and Black.

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Well-written, Montana. It fired me up for the game, and for our seniors. Go Buffs!

5. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

I concur. I was a little surprised to see that OSU is 110th in pass defense and 104th in sacks. Giving Cody enough time to throw has been an issue with this line, but he should have time Saturday night. :thumbsup: