1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"T.I.P.S." for the Missouri game

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by MontanaBuff, Oct 22, 2008.

1. MontanaBuff

MontanaBuff Club Member Club Member

Greetings, Buff fans, from www.cuatthegame.com!

Missouri week. Colorado on the road against the 16th ranked Tigers. What you will find on the site this week:

This week's "T.I.P.S.":

T - Talent. Daniel, Maclin, and Coffman. Perhaps you've heard of ‘em? I understand they’re good.
    I - Intangibles. It had been two years since Missouri since last lost back-to-back games. How will the loss of their top ranking affect the Tigers?
    P - Preparation / Schedule. October was supposed to be a month to remember for Tiger fans. Unfortunately, it will be.
    S - Stats. Hey, the Buffs are leading the Big 12 in one category (and it’s a real one!).

Missouri Trivia

The Tigers held the #1 spot for a week last season. Prior to that, Missouri was ranked #1 in ....?; What did Don Faurot, he of Missouri’s Faurot Field, give to the game of football besides the name of a stadium?

This Day in History - October 25th

If you have not learned to set aside time each week for this section, you’ll regret not having done so this week. In addition to the usual "This Day in History" fare - The "Pony Express" makes it debut at SMU (1980); #6 Penn State takes on #2 Alabama (1986) - there are THREE - count 'em - THREE CU games played on this date which bring back fond memories:

Colorado over #5 Missouri (1969) - good Karma here!;
    Colorado over Texas (1997) - Buffs get "relentlessly positive";
    and, of course

Colorado over #3 Nebraska (1986) - THE game for CU Buff fans. If the mere mention of 20-10 does not bring shivers down your spine, you are either a very young Buff fan, or an imposter!

Archived Game of the Week

CU at MU. What game to choose from the archives?
    How's about the most infamous CU game of the past twenty years!
    The "Fifth Down Game" - CU v. Missouri (1990).

There is so much to digest, and so little time before the 4:30 Saturday kickoff. Enjoy! http://www.cuatthegame.com - (if you are new to the site - it's okay to check it out - it's all free!) - now GO!

Go Buffs!
    Stuart

2. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

rep whore.

1 person likes this.
  3. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Thanks Montana. I always look forward to your preview. Now go grab a beer at the Rockin' "R" for me.

Go Buffs!

4. The Guest

The Guest Guest

Since Montana's set for reps, I'll give you the one I normally send him. It's my "Rep Stimulus Package"!

5. MontanaBuff

Someone who knows the "Rockin' R"! If you ever make it over to this side of the pond, and find yourself thirsty in the great Northwest - let me know! :thumbsup:

6. Daaah

Daaah Club Member Club Member

I am forever indebted. BTW.. is one's numerical rep status available anywhere?

7. The Guest

The Guest Guest

All fishermen (and fisherwomen) know Bozeman! I'll definitely look you up.

8. Rraalph 3000

Rraalph 3000 Well-Known Member

As always, thank you much for the great read Montana....I'll take our punchers chance in this one...some parts of this matchup feel real good, but there are still a lot of "If's" that must come through....especially that passing game...but I'll hold my optimism with Tyler Hansen hopefully throwing the ball more this week

9. 96 Buff

96 Buff Resident Commie Bastard Club Member Junta Member

Go to your control panel and it's on the right side of your "Latest Reputation Received" section.

10. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

"Taylor passing the ball over the middle, INTERCEPTED! Barry Remington cutting out in front of Smith and making the interception at the 35, Colorado takes over. 20-10 Colorado leads Nebraska. They have waited a long time for this. So many times, the red blood has come into Folsom field, and they hae gone back across the border to the north a winner, IT WONT BE THIS TIME!" -Larry Zimmer in 20-10 game

Here are a couple clips
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NsBCwfFC5g&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NsBCwfFC5g&feature=related[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Nkfc85kYc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1Nkfc85kYc[/ame]

11. SuperiorBuff

SuperiorBuff Well-Known Member

I watched that on AFN in Germany. Made my month.

12. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

I watched it from the stands in the student section. I was delirious with joy.

13. absinthe

absinthe Ambitious but rubbish. Club Member Junta Member

Daaah and his boys always lookin' for a hand out...

14. MontanaBuff

I was in the senior section, and the Remington interception was right in front of us. 3:14 remaining, and it sealed the deal. Other than fearing for my safety (jumping up and down on stands you were already standing on can be dangerous), I don't think I have ever been more excited at a football game.

Thanks for the video clips. Brings back great memories!:thumbsup: