What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

"T.I.P.S." for Toledo - It's time to move on ..

MontanaBuff

Greetings, Buff fans, from CU at the Game!

Okay, so it's been a tough few days. Still, the games go on, and the Buffs, for better or worse, have to quickly put the CSU game behind them.

"We just have to throw it away and keep moving," said Dan Hawkins. :bang:

Posted at www.cuatthegame.com is all you'll need to become an expert on Toledo Rockets' football:

"T.I.P.S." for the game - The Buffs have more talent, but the intangibles and the schedule lean towards the Rockets. The stats cut both ways ...

Toledo trivia - It's fun when we have an opponent we haven't played before - the orgins of the "Rockets" nickname; the "Glass Bowl", as well as the history behind the "Toledo War" are all posted ... :thumbsup:

This day in history - September 11th has meaning for all of us, but there were also some memorable games played in CU and college football history, including the makeup game for 9/11/01 - CU v. Washington State, 9/11/2004.

Archive Game of the Week - Easy choice - the only other game in the archives between CU and a MAC team - CU v. Miami (Ohio), 2007 (bonus points if you know the only other game played between CU and a MAC team - hint, check out the T.I.P.S.) ...

One last thing before you head off to the website. Dan Hawkins today addressed the problems of getting plays going on time on Sunday. According to cubuffs.com, Scotty McKnight's injury and subsequent changes in receiver personnel was to blame for the Buffs' consistent inability to hike the ball before the game clock struck "O".

So much for "no excuses" .... :rolleyes:

Go Buffs!
Stuart

http://www.cuatthegame.com

:lol: Great site and hawk's reasoning that #21 being out caused them problems with getting the play called and what personel to put in is micky mouse. Unreal.

I just don't get how a WR has an effect on getting the play in. When did he go out?

Here is a TIP for hawk....have this team prepared to play, give DS the ball, throw to Andra Simmons and play aggressive

:lol: Great site and hawk's reasoning that #21 being out caused them problems with getting the play called and what personel to put in is micky mouse. Unreal.

didn't you know? The WR calls the plays now, calls the audibles at the line of scrimmage, and calls out the blocking assignments for the OL, etc.. Its the new "Hawk" way..

I'm sure you'll be seeing this "sweep" the nation anytime now. :rofl:

I have to admit, this is pure comedy right now.. Where is the Dan Hawkins we hired from Boise State? Because this clearly can't be the same guy..

TIP:

Forget assignments. Forget coverages. Forget favorites.

Line up against your opponent, and smack the heck out of him. Just win each and every personal battle during the game.

Forget everything else, just line up and lay a hit on somebody...

didn't you know? The WR calls the plays now, calls the audibles at the line of scrimmage, and calls out the blocking assignments for the OL, etc.. Its the new "Hawk" way..

I'm sure you'll be seeing this "sweep" the nation anytime now. :rofl:

I have to admit, this is pure comedy right now.. Where is the Dan Hawkins we hired from Boise State? Because this clearly can't be the same guy..

The dan hawkins from boise is still there, except his name is petersen and they are doing just fine since he left.

Man, it's like watching my Grandma with Alzeimer's again. Coach Hack is turning into a babbling, incoherent person that doesnt make any logical sense. It was sad to watch then, but this guy is getting around $1million a year to to act the same way. Man, granny could've died much better off than she did with the same deal this guy has.

Back