What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

T-Wheat got hosed....

4DemBuffs

Most admired poster
Club Member
scroll down.

Senior cornerback Terrence Wheatley was left off a list of 12 semifinalists for the Jim Thorpe Award this week. The award is given annually to the nation's best defensive back.

Two other Big 12 Conference defensive backs were included on the list. They are Oklahoma's Reggie Smith and Kansas cornerback Aqib Talib. Defenders at Texas have won the past two awards.

Wheatley leads the Big 12 with five interceptions and is second in passes defended with eight. He was a first-team All-Big 12 selection last season by the league's coaches.

"It's not up to me. It's not up to anybody I know," Wheatley said. "The only thing I can say is I don't know what more you would have to do, outside of lead the Big 12 in interceptions and pass breakups, to be on the list.

"So I personally don't feel like it's terribly fair, but then again I've got bigger goals than the Thorpe Award."

Senior cornerback Terrence Wheatley was left off a list of 12 semifinalists for the Jim Thorpe Award this week. The award is given annually to the nation's best defensive back.

Two other Big 12 Conference defensive backs were included on the list. They are Oklahoma's Reggie Smith and Kansas cornerback Aqib Talib. Defenders at Texas have won the past two awards.

Wheatley leads the Big 12 with five interceptions and is second in passes defended with eight. He was a first-team All-Big 12 selection last season by the league's coaches.

"It's not up to me. It's not up to anybody I know," Wheatley said. "The only thing I can say is I don't know what more you would have to do, outside of lead the Big 12 in interceptions and pass breakups, to be on the list.

"So I personally don't feel like it's terribly fair, but then again I've got bigger goals than the Thorpe Award."

:yeahthat: :bs: :censored:

I like where the kid's head is at though. Sure he's disappointed, but he can prove that they made a mistake by stepping up this week and harassing the crap out of Blythe (or whatever that frankenstein of a WR is called).

T-Wheat gave up a couple of long balls at the wrong time of the season. You make the highlight reels for the wrong reason you drop from the lists.

All Americans are determined during their junior year. It sucks, but it's true. Ty Wheatley is/was not high profile enough his junior year.

All Americans are determined during their junior year. It sucks, but it's true. Ty Wheatley is/was not high profile enough his junior year.

Wheatley will be a two time All Big 12 1st team DB but some how Tom freaking Zbikowski (1-8 team)is a Thorpe semi-finalist. Lame-o.

Last edited:
Wheatley will be a two time All Big 12 1st team DB but some how Tom freaking Zbikowski (1-8 team)is a Thorpe semi-finalist. Lame-o.
Yes, but he has a cool Mohawk, boxes in the offseason and runs a 4.8, 40 and his coach is Fatty Weiss! What's not to like dude. Plus, he has the Pope on his side.

Back