What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle just got his annual 1-year extension

For the second straight year, Lappe did not get a contract extension. She has not earned one.

For the second straight year, Lappe did not get a contract extension. She has not earned one.

She should be happy that she still has a job.

What are the chances that she is replaced in the off-season. No excuse for CU not being at least competitive in WBB, bottom of the conference is an embarrassment.

I hope the chances of her being gone are 100%. Yes, her teams are an embarrassment to the proud tradition of women's basketball at Colorado.

This isn't even remotely true.

Pardon me we had a beast of a run from 1938-46ish - you could likely get a 5 year span there that looked better although you'd then have to say something about the level of competition. So I'll modify my statement to:

Greatest 5 year run in the modern history of CU hoops.

I think people are correct about expectations. I think we know pretty much what Tad brings to the table. When CU decides they want a higher ceiling for the BB program they need to evaluate if he is the guy. I think he is a better than average coach but not an elite coach. He pretty much is a one and done guy when he gets to the tourney.

I think people are correct about expectations. I think we know pretty much what Tad brings to the table. When CU decides they want a higher ceiling for the BB program they need to evaluate if he is the guy. I think he is a better than average coach but not an elite coach. He pretty much is a one and done guy when he gets to the tourney.

So far. That's completely fair. Tad coaches a winning brand of basketball and builds it with upper mid-major type recruiting with great evaluation and selective use of transfers, redshirts and prep stashes.

He's very much the Gary Barnett of CU Basketball. Well-coached teams that don't have the explosive athletes to consistently win against the best teams on the schedule.

The question I have is whether CU is willing and able to invest in the program like it has in football. If it is, my expectations go up and Tad needs to show he can take that and achieve at more of an elite level. If it isn't, I learned my lesson in football with all those kinda good years under GB... that a coach who gives you good results and a lot of reason to cheer & be interested in the team under certain circumstances is someone you hold onto.

Expectations must match the reality of the situation.

Billy Donovan is not returning from the NBA to take over the CU program and most coaches won't get CU like an in-state guy like Tad (or GB) were able to. I doubt that Dana Altman would have been able to succeed here like he has at Oregon even though his Creighton success predicted he'd be great. Be careful what we wish for. We could very easily end up with another Dan Hawkins as a replacement for Tad Boyle if certain fans get their way.

Last edited:
Back