What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad Boyle to Memphis? (Edit - No)

would Tad leave for an equal job for more money? I don't think so. would he leave for a better job for more money? that's a different story IMO.

Depends on what he would call "better". We all value different things. For me, give me more money and a more likely path to winning a national championship and I'd be out the door. But I sincerely think Tad's wired different than that.

Last edited:
Depends on what he would call "better". We all value different things. For me, give me more money and a more likely path to winning a national championship and I'd be out the door. But I sincerely think Tad's wired different than that.
I think that paths to winning a national championship are "made" not "given". I agree that Tad is wired different from a focus on more money. He values Colorado, the chance to realize his vision for success at the University and the opportunity to build the young men on his team. I see him as a long term asset as the coach of CU and am not worried about him leaving anytime soon. This will all blow over in a week or two when Memphis announces whomever they bring on board.

I'm sure we'll be fine.

tumblr_nxx7hepngw1rcv726o1_400.gif

First off, do I think this rumor is true? - no. Do I think that for the right job that paid more would he leave? - yes. Everybody here is entirely overrating the CU job, underrating the Memphis job and undervaluing MONEY.

I see plenty of posters here, including myself, saying that Memphis is one of the better jobs in college hoops. I don't see a bunch of posters, let alone *everybody*, overrating the CU job.

What I am getting tired of is people saying that CU is a bad hoops job. I'm not saying that you said that but it's an outdated claim. It was a bad job 6 years ago; however, we have a newish practice facility, new overall sports facilities, top 45 in NCAA in attendance every yr since '12-'13 season, a handful of young NBA players & recent history of success. We've had a top 4 fanbase at every Pac-12 tournament. The local crop of prospects to choose from has been much improved & Cali/Texas kids are regularly interested in CU.

Am I saying it's on par with Memphis? No, but anyone claiming it's a bad job--even by high major standards--is living in 2006.

First off, do I think this rumor is true? - no. Do I think that for the right job that paid more would he leave? - yes. Everybody here is entirely overrating the CU job, underrating the Memphis job and undervaluing MONEY.

1) CU job - go to Barzil and read that thread....I get his statements that this is his dream job stuff, but Tad went to KU......

2) Memphis - Memphis isn't a bad hoops program and a much better HC job than CU. it's really that simple

3) $$$ - When Tad was offered the A&M job he was making $750K, Turgeon was making $1.7M at A&M when he left to go to Maryland. Figuring Tad got offered in that ball park, well Tad's salary was nearly doubled a year later to $1.5M. Pastor was making $2.65M at Memphis. At $2.65M that would be the 2nd highest salary in the P12 behind Miller. CU isn't going to pay that kind of money to a hoops coach, it's just not going to happen. Alford, Krystkowiak and Altman all are in the 2-2.5M range.

So for an additional $1M dollars a year for the right job do I think Tad would leave. yes, yes I do.

I agree with a lot of your points but - I'll counter with these relative to Memphis:
- Tad was offered 2 for the SMU Job he turned that down
- Memphis doesnt want to do another Pasternak deal they want one that makes more sense be that buy-outs or salary who knows but they were on the whole unhappy with Joshs' deal
- Memphis is a terrible place, it is depressing, crime riddled and ugly - its a better job than CU no doubt better recruiting, and more history, they will pay more than CU.
- Family right now has shown itself to be important to Tad.
- Nebraska also offered 2.0 for Tad

When you look at those things I dont see Memphis as a real possibility, if you pass on SMU. Dallas is a much nicer town, SMU has resources, wants to win, and has recruiting grounds, its in a comparable conference to SMU and the family life you could have is much better. If your a 36 year-old up and comer with no family who wants to grow their career you go to Memphis. I just think at 52 with a family you dont take that gig.

It wouldn't be an offseason without some random chatter about Tad going to some random school.

I guess we should be flattered, but it's starting to get tiresome.

Hey schmucks in New Mexico sports always has the inside scoop on both Texas Tech and CU sports...in fact this has happened once....ok ok so maybe exactly never. Too funny. Someone's creative way of trying to make prospective transfer's avoid us? Most likely and it just shows that Tad is in on some big time players and making people nervous so they drop fake news for idiots to post on Twatter.

Memphis is a decent job. However, the realignment has them in a situation in which they may die a slow death. Might be able to avoid it, but their conference situation is dicey. UConn and Temple/ someone else gets picked up and they are ****ed.

Memphis is a decent job. However, the realignment has them in a situation in which they may die a slow death. Might be able to avoid it, but their conference situation is dicey. UConn and Temple/ someone else gets picked up and they are ****ed.

Yeah...agreed, and I find it annoying that the race for money is going to kill or severely injure many good jobs. UNM ball is in that same category imo.

Back