What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Tad is in the top 30 paid coaches in the country.

Would you consider Alpha Diallo an in-state recruit?

Personally, yes, very much so, and I really wish we had gone after him more - maybe more retroactive thinking than compared to two years ago. I can't say there's some hard/fast rule for when I consider a kid in-state/out-of-state, but I think if a player has played the majority of his HS bball in CO, he's an in-state recruit. Diallo only played two seasons in CO, but he still spent his year disqualified in CO (as far as I know). If Diallo had transferred to the east coast (forget if it was Brewster or where) after his freshman season, no, I wouldn't consider him in-state. Perhaps a comparison would be Chris Martin a few years ago for football - I did NOT consider him an in-state recruit, because he only spent one year here, in spite of us having recruited him while he was in CA.

Personally, yes, very much so, and I really wish we had gone after him more - maybe more retroactive thinking than compared to two years ago. I can't say there's some hard/fast rule for when I consider a kid in-state/out-of-state, but I think if a player has played the majority of his HS bball in CO, he's an in-state recruit. Diallo only played two seasons in CO, but he still spent his year disqualified in CO (as far as I know). If Diallo had transferred to the east coast (forget if it was Brewster or where) after his freshman season, no, I wouldn't consider him in-state. Perhaps a comparison would be Chris Martin a few years ago for football - I did NOT consider him an in-state recruit, because he only spent one year here, in spite of us having recruited him while he was in CA.

Fair enough. He's in the gray area, imho, and I probably lean more to considering him a New Yorker.

Fair enough. He's in the gray area, imho, and I probably lean more to considering him a New Yorker.

And I'm very inconsistent too, because while I sit here now and say Diallo is a CO recruit, I never once mentioned him when discussing Davis vs Walton, etc. Agree on the gray area.

Back