1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tailgating Woes...

Discussion in 'CU Gameday Fan Network' started by BlackNGold, May 11, 2009.

1. BlackNGold

BlackNGold Club Member Club Member

Just heard from the Ticket office and Zone F is gone as a parking area. It is now divided into 3 areas, and we have been pushed out of our preferred area. Talked with some others that we tailgate with and they are pretty peeved.

2. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

I have 5 friends that I know that got bumped from Farrand to south of Wardenburg. They are raising holy hell and are furious. One of the liveliest tailgate spots will be saved to the 20 minute before kickoff crowd. Super lame.

Two of the most recognizable tailgating groups, the Buff Bus and the Buffulance will no longer be a part of the Farrand tailgate scene. Terrible.

3. BlackNGold

Two guys in our group want to drop their season Tickets because of this....Lets kill all of the passion for CU football if possible. There are not too many good tailgating spots available.

4. Buffarino

Buffarino Math - how does it work? Club Member

Lame. Are they raising prices, or just moving things around?

I'm not real happy that our place (St. Aidan's) keeps raising prices, but compared to what is out there on campus, I suppose I shouldn't complain too much. I can tell you I'd be pissed if I was in Zone E and got bumped when they close the Gold Lot. What do they do with the Zone E people when that happens?

5. Buffarino

I've always thought parking down by the practice fields would be a cool place to tailgate. Looks like it's the same price. Maybe check that out?

6. BlackNGold

They are changing things around. Here is what really gets me. They simply tells us where we have to go and give us no choice. I have called the ticket office but they were caught off guard by the move and were unaware of the change...

7. Buffarino

So let me guess - you've already paid and now you're getting moved?

Sounds about par for the course. If you showed up at the ticket office (or whoever is in charge of parking), I bet they'd be more accomodating.

8. buff4bcs1985

buff4bcs1985 Hail to the King Club Member

sacky did we get moved?

9. sackman

sackman Club Member Club Member

Technically, our spot was moved, but if we play it right, we won't be moved far. We are assigned the spots along the South and East side of Farrand Field. If we show up early enough, we can unpack the car and set up in our regular spot with no problems. If I read this whole thing right, the spaces along the back street where we used to be are basically going to be reserved for older folks who probably don't do much tailgating anyway. So it's not like there's going to be a mad rush for those spaces. However, there may be a bit of a rush for the spots along the East side of Farrand Field, so we'll have to keep our eye on that.

In the end, this shouldn't affect the allbuffs tailgate too much. However, it is a grand and glorious dumbass move by the AD. Those spaces were awesome, and to move passionate fans out of those spaces is absurd.

BlackNGold likes this.
  10. BlackNGold

bingo!!!

11. chipwich

chipwich Administrator Club Member Junta Member

How about the AD ponies up for one of these and shuttles the older folks in from the less tailgate friendly lots. If they are just parking why waste the good tailgating real estate. Stupid move.

[​IMG]

12. sackman

Actually, this is a marvelous idea and it's something they really should do. Lots of schools run golf cart shuttles from tailgate lots to the stadium. This would alleviate the issue.

13. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

What a BS move by the AD. :doh:

14. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

Sucks that the tailgating spot got moved. But what are they to do? They would piss people off either way... A guy in the buffzone article said he may cancel his season tix because of the move. They're only moving him to the other side of Farrand basically. I realize it's the principal but come on

15. sackman

What they do is what Chippy suggested and get a small fleet of golf carts to ferry older folks to the stadium from wherever they are parked. Problem solved.

16. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

That's what my group has done for over 20 years. The dirt lot is reserved for Buff Club members now I think. We park in the student/parent housing parking lot's now by where they have the Coors light RV. I think CU's former FB Hemingway(can't remember his first name) has a big tailgate right there as well.

Only thing that sucks about it is the big hill you have to climb to get to the stadium from there. One of our buddies from Michigan about died going up that time. :lol:

17. Buffarino

What you do is make the changes before people pay you, and you make sure they know about the changes before they pay you, not after.

The CU ticket office is bush league when it comes to stuff like this. No foresight at all.

18. Buffarino

If we weren't over at St. Aidan's, that would be one place I would look. We parked there for the Spring Game. I like it down there.